• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What's Your Steelers Superstition?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We have some bald fuckhead that stands out in our front yard and watches the TV through the window, Sometimes we throw him scraps to fight the birds for. he calls it "watching TV with his buddies". The police disagreed, but went away after he let them perform the "Eiffel Tower" with him. I don't know what that means, but they seemed happy.

I turned the sprinklers on once, but he is so pathetic and lacking in dignity, he just stood there eating a piece of soggy white bread.

12063793_1098203090190029_5385156738308837713_n.jpg

Douche does not find that humorous.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
I watch all games with family; one occasional friend who understands and doesn't **** it up. We make it a big meal, either pre/post or during game.
All wear Steeler garb every football Sunday.
At game time (sometimes PVR'd) all don jerseys: Momma in 7, eldest boy in 43 (he won't change), youngest in 26 (calls him Millenium Bell), and me in same one as last week if it was a win (86 until next pre-season!)
Youngest grabs everyone's TT. We have extras, but rarely allow anyone to witness them.
Open first beer at kickoff.
I've been saying "snap the damn ball, Ben" and "throw the damn ball, Ben" much less over past couple seasons.....but when Ben does **** the bed (first Rat game, second bungle game), my wife calms me and says "....Ben will get it done"....and sometimes that works!
After a Steeler TD, as the excitement fades, someone always "kisses" the dog. (who also has a #7 jersey from puppy years)

If the family has to be away from home during game time, all will wear jerseys. It is pretty damn funny to see the faces of parents and kids at hockey games when we show up.

If I'm travelling, I always have my Lambert jersey and TT, but never really feel completely comfortable.

Go Steelers!!

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Always have my Terrible Towel on me during games. Doesn't matter if I'm at the game, at home watching or on the road.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Wear the same Jersey as the team (both my last name with different kids birthdate on each)
Gold Steelers Shorts
Black ankle socks
**** Baltimore and the Raven you flew on Tshirt under jersey (only for ALL playoff games, Gold Steelers T for regular season; unless I attend game)
Black Boxer Briefs (only worn on Steelers games and Pens Playoff games)
Terrible Towel on back of recliner. A towel is chosen beginning of season by the kids and that is the one I use all year
All beers drank our of a Steelers glass with the on deck and in the hole beers in a Steelers Koozie
Steelers hat on forward for offense and backwards for defense.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
My boxers must not match enemy teams colors

Same coozie for my beer every week.

Same Steelers hat and t shirt every week until a loss, then I change them until I find another winning combination.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I haven't posted on FB since the Cowboys game. Haven't cut my beard either..Terrible towel must be draped over my right shoulder during the game.

Photos of the beard!

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I like this thread!!! After reading the first page I'll submit mine...

I'm more a season long type of guy and it all starts w/ the hair.

1. Every year I start growing my hair and won't cut the "length" until the Steelers are done for the season.
2. Like most, I do not wear the opposing teams colors the week we play them.
3. Every Sunday, I get up - I chyt, shower and shave my face. Then I put on red underwear (this started after the four game losing streak - so I ain't changing it), my black Under Armour fitted shirt and then I suit up w/ my yellow Steeler shorts and my home or away jersey. I must have on knee high socks (usually my Bumble Bees - but I've rocked the All Black knee highs the last two weeks.
4. Some weeks I log on to see what's going on - sometimes I don't. I don't really like watching the game w/ anyone, but, sometimes I get invited over so I grin and bare it because I know I get in a 'mood' if we lose or are losing...

That's about it...

ark steel

Reaction score
I like this thread!!! After reading the first page I'll submit mine...

I'm more a season long type of guy and it all starts w/ the hair.

1. Every year I start growing my hair and won't cut the "length" until the Steelers are done for the season.
2. Like most, I do not wear the opposing teams colors the week we play them.
3. Every Sunday, I get up - I chyt, shower and shave my face. Then I put on red underwear (this started after the four game losing streak - so I ain't changing it), my black Under Armour fitted shirt and then I suit up w/ my yellow Steeler shorts and my home or away jersey. I must have on knee high socks (usually my Bumble Bees - but I've rocked the All Black knee highs the last two weeks.
4. Some weeks I log on to see what's going on - sometimes I don't. I don't really like watching the game w/ anyone, but, sometimes I get invited over so I grin and bare it because I know I get in a 'mood' if we lose or are losing...

That's about it...

I wondered if you were going to include "think up some lame-*** excuse to not go to people's house to watch the game"....

Lorrie

Reaction score
I have a bunch of Christmas related Steeler stuff. Snowmen, Santas, a reindeer, other stuff....I don't put any of it away until the Steelers are done for the year. All my other Christmas stuff is put away, none of the Steeler Christmas stuff.

I wear a Steeler hoodie or my #86 jersey during the game.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
My boxers must not match enemy teams colors

Yeah, I stopped wearing Steelers gear on gameday as years past the more I put on, the more often we ended up losing those games. So I wear regular garb, but am keenly aware not to have on any boxers, socks, shirts etc in any color of that week's opposing team.

This season, I've stashed away a can of Old Spice Alps deodorant, which I wear only on gamedays. The Alps are in Switzerland, where Ben's family is from, thus this practice of applying Alps deodorant keeps Ben upright and out of harm's way. You need only to glance at the decreased sack numbers this year to see for yourself how effective this has been.

I finally got my own Terrible Towel early in December, sent to me by some kind folks in the 'Burgh. We are undefeated ever since said towel is displayed prominently in my house. On gamedays, it rests in front of me on the coffee table, can't have nothing on it, or even touching it, and I give it a twirl during crowd shots on tv when fans are doing the same in the stadium. Again, how do you spell u-n-d-e-f-e-a-t-e-d?

The more nuanced I've been, the more games we've won. Needless to say, I've done everything I can and feel I'm a pretty big reason the Steelers are sitting where they are currently. Of course, I don't expect a thank you or a slap on the back from the Rooneys, Tomlin or the players. I do this for them, unsolicited. This Sunday will be no different, I'll be ready to put my hand in the pile. ;)

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I wondered if you were going to include "think up some lame-*** excuse to not go to people's house to watch the game"....
I promise to make it over before the season is over to let you hold my hand instead of DBS's😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G935P using Steeler Nation mobile app

DocScott

Contributor
Reaction score
Got to wipe down the TV screen weather I'm at home or elsewhere with my Terrible Towel before the kickoff!!!!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
No

*Seinfeld voice*

"Not that there is anything wrong with that"

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

lulz

the broom behind you couldn't resist

it almost looked like you took a selfie in your works bathroom

but knew that couldn't be it

hahahaha

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
lulz

the broom behind you couldn't resist

it almost looked like you took a selfie in your works bathroom

but knew that couldn't be it

hahahaha
Ctfu I was at work.. **** I'm always at work.

Work sevens days a week.. my motto is they aren't giving it away have to go get it

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
mj-laughing.gif