• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What's Your Steelers Superstition?

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
None for me. I ain't superstitious.

Your lack of superstitious juju may be the cause some of the bad things that have happened during this win streak ... I am torn between requesting you develop some OCD-like practice like the rest of us and wondering if asking you to do so might upset the delicate balance of juju that has led to this streak ....
Eh, carry on

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I also have to drink PA beer. Used to just be IC and Yuengling.

Now with all the great micro breweries, It's easy for me to grab a Victory, Sly Fox, Troegs, LBC, etc, etc, etc!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I only wear black and or gold clothing, or Steelers clothing. I had 7 layers at the Dolphins game, and they were all black and gold.

I usually only swing my Myron Cope Memorial Terrible Towel for playoff games, but I broke it out after the Dallas game this year. We needed Myron's luck!

Before the Cincy game I wore my 07' Polamalu Throwback. Since we came back and won, that is the only jersey I will win now.
yeah but what clothes were yinz wearing

:drum:

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I wear the same Steeler hoodie on Fridays and then I have a Steeler shirt I wear on game day

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I make dinner/lunch based on the teams city food.

Ravens- crab cakes. Cinci- sky line chili. Etc

I also tape the game and start watching at 1:45. Turn off my phone and enjoy commercial free
The dinner thing based on cities is definitely the coolest thing I read on here.

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I used to be pretty bad with a lot of superstitions and/or traditions.

As I have mellowed with age, the only one i have now is before a boswell pat or fg I say "Stick it kid"
Guess who was too excited to remember after td 3 yesterday? So that is one Im not dropping.

Plus I always say on punt returns...
1. Catch the ball.
2. Hold the bal

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah but what clothes were yinz wearing

:drum:

My college is also Black and Gold (a reason why I went there).

1. UMBC underarmor tshirt
2. Pittsburgh crest tshirt
3. Underarmor Hockey championship long sleeve shirt (black and gold)
4. Superbowl 50 Hoodie
5. Steelers Sweatshirt
6. Polamalu Jersey
7. Steelers Fleece pullover
8. My black coat with Steeler scarf, hat and gloves.

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
I always wear the winning outfit until we lose. Even if its not steelers related. Sometimes Im still in bed when the game starts. So it might be random tee and sweats.

However, this week's tshirt is the 6 Rings No Cheating tee by DD.

If you/I enter/leave a room and something good happens, one cannot move. We were losing a game last season, as soon as I stepped in the bathroom, we scored. I stayed there for 4th quarter. Fortunately the bartenders love me and brought me my beers. If you come into the room and something bad happens, you have to leave. Immediately.

I do not watch post season play in public and I watch alone.

My new superstition is pot roast with Heinz gravy. But its only for the Texans. We havent played them again, so I havent had a chance to test it. I went to my BFFs house here in Houston for the MNF game vs. Texans in 2014. She made pot roast. I opened the trash to throw out my beer. I see an empty jar of Heinz Gravy. I pulled it out and asked her if she knew where Heinz was from. She just screamed, "**** I just jinxed us (the Texans) didnt I?" lol. Indeed she did. Well besides they suck, but it was still fun.

She's never bought a Heinz product since, lol.

Black&GoldenShowers

Reaction score
1. terrible towel around the neck...
2. Steeler hat switches from backwards to forwards depending on if the Steelers "need help"...
3. some type of Steelers shirt. Usally my Brown jersey t-shirt (I like these way better than actual jerseys)...
4. what ever my beverage of choice is - when I finish it if they are doing good I will keep drinking it and if they are not doing well I will stop drinking it or switch drinks altogether. Speaking of drinks for about the last month I have been drinking Golden Monkey beer.... reason why? it is made by VICTORY!!!!!!!

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I have the same terrible towel I use for all games. When the playoffs start it goes with me everywhere. It has never been washed. No matter how well they do I never brag until after they win the Super Bowl. It's always been bad juju for me for any pre championship celebrations or taunting.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Honestly I'm embarrassed of most of it and most of it verges on OCD. I'D Like to say the games are fun but they aren't. More like satisfying when they win. I get so mad and yell so much I basically only watch games in my house with my family though wife's nephew has joined us for every game of the streak. Here are a couple of my beauities:
1. I have to sit in the same spot and everyone else has to as well.
2. I only drink rum and coke during the game.
3. I only choose one shirt (green this year) that once they start winning I wear.
4. Never ever wear steelers gear on game day.
5. Chicken wings, homade Roethlisburgers or BBQ only on game days
Overall my basic feeling is that if something ain't right I feel like it is to blame. For example, game gear. Wore it to Pitt they lost to Tampa. ****** Tampa. Wore it to KC they lost to KC. Wore none to Pitt they beat the Jets. None of the rest of my regular life is like this.I can assure you.
Oh and the Steelers tree stays up till the seasons over.

OhioSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Always wear black or gold clothes on game day.
Will not change what I'm drinking if we're winning, will rotate to find correct drink if we're losing.
Have a specific terrible towel I use for the playoffs and another for regular season.
For Home games always try to drink an IC Light at the tailgate before heading into the game.
Terrible towel over left shoulder or tucked in right side of pants.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
yellow logging pants and steelers boxers steeler socks black steelers afc north t shirt home game 67 greene jersey away big ben away. A game where we must rely on the D Lambert jersey.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I get my ouija board out, and invoke the spirit of Myron Cope. He gives me his predictions, and is only right 25% of the time. But he says he has fun with the Terrible Towel Curse, and wishes it would happen more.

You evil evil little hamster you.... ;). Just kidding just kidding

SteveA

Reaction score
I will also add if we are winning and you come in the room and something bad happens you have to go. If you call me and something bad happens I'm hanging up on you. Doesn't matter who you are

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

Of course. It's definitely their fault. Glad someone else is with me on that

SteveA

Reaction score
When things are going bad and all hope is gone I defer to the wifey. When she says "Never doubt my boys" the tide will soon change. She said it last year versus the Bengals in the playoff game. I looked at her and said you don't understand this game is over,....it's as over as it gets..... My wife did that !!!! Not freaking Burfect or PAC man or Ben or AB or Boz......My wife did that!!!!!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think the deal is that the Steelers are a roller coaster team. In individual games and within seasons. I think I could relax if I was a Pats fan. Or even if I had low expectations. The Steelers can look like **** or world beaters within a game or season. So I think what happens is these little superstitions seem to "work" and become real in my mind. Or at least force me to feel right on game day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a couple jerseys, but since our last loss, I've only worn my STEELERS dry-fit t-shirt.
same shorts

put the Terrible Towel away, since our losing streak was started when Miz Ark rubbed it on her ***.

curiously, ark and DBS hold hands during the game.
win or lose.

not real sure what that's about, but I'm there to watch the games, not judge those *********** jizz-swilling cornholing ******* for being the *********** jizz-swilling cornholing ******* they are.

ark steel

Reaction score
We have some bald fuckhead that stands out in our front yard and watches the TV through the window, Sometimes we throw him scraps to fight the birds for. he calls it "watching TV with his buddies". The police disagreed, but went away after he let them perform the "Eiffel Tower" with him. I don't know what that means, but they seemed happy.

I turned the sprinklers on once, but he is so pathetic and lacking in dignity, he just stood there eating a piece of soggy white bread.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
d58ee8169638bd7e5f82890f698a505a.jpg

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app