• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What's Your Steelers Superstition?

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Browsing through the posts and noticing that we're all having some heated debates about Tomlin, Ben, Mitchell, Haley etc. Not many "fun" ones. Then I noticed the Steelers/Chiefs II prediction thread and was tempted to open it to see y'all's predictions. Personally, I haven't posted a prediction in about 10 weeks because we lost every time I did. That morphed to "**** it, I ain't even looking at this" about 8 games ago .... So yeah, I guess that's one of my Steelers superstitions; no posting in or even opening the prediction thread.

Here's a few of others:

1. I have an "Irish Coffee" (a touch of whiskey and some Bailey's in my coffee) at exactly 12:30 p.m. on game days (assuming I'm not working)
2. The Polamalu Jersey in my bedroom is for looking at only. It went on a hangar after what I assumed was Troy's last game and has not been moved since. NO TOUCHING (lol)
3. My uncle the jinx is not allowed to watch games with us. (who the hell claims to be both a Stains and Steelers fan?). Especially since whenever you watch with us and profess to be rooting for the Steelers, bad **** happens. **** That!! Bye!!!

What are yours?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I make sure whatever shirt I wear does not match the opposing team's colors.

mdk2

Reaction score
Browsing through the posts and noticing that we're all having some heated debates about Tomlin, Ben, Mitchell, Haley etc. Not many "fun" ones. Then I noticed the Steelers/Chiefs II prediction thread and was tempted to open it to see y'all's predictions. Personally, I haven't posted a prediction in about 10 weeks because we lost every time I did. That morphed to "**** it, I ain't even looking at this" about 8 games ago .... So yeah, I guess that's one of my Steelers superstitions; no posting in or even opening the prediction thread.

Here's a few of others:

1. I have an "Irish Coffee" (a touch of whiskey and some Bailey's in my coffee) at exactly 12:30 p.m. on game days (assuming I'm not working)
2. The Polamalu Jersey in my bedroom is for looking at only. It went on a hangar after what I assumed was Troy's last game and has not been moved since. NO TOUCHING (lol)
3. My uncle the jinx is not allowed to watch games with us. (who the hell claims to be both a Stains and Steelers fan?). Especially since whenever you watch with us and profess to be rooting for the Steelers, bad **** happens. **** That!! Bye!!!

What are yours?

Yes!! Same superstition.. myself and brother go to local brewery for brunch, I get the same thing every Sunday around 10:30-11. I only will watch the game with family, never friends..

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I will not wear boxers of the opposing teams colors.
If we win a game I won't change jersey choice until a loss.
Always walk into the stadium and make way to my seats the same way each week.
Always go down during half time and have a smoke (not even a smoker lol)

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I haven't posted on FB since the Cowboys game. Haven't cut my beard either..Terrible towel must be draped over my right shoulder during the game.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I wear Steelers attire for every game.

From top to bottom has to be Black N Gold.

I won't date a fan of another team.

But have slept with a few, I figure I was just giving them the business like my team planned on doing.

:sn:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I make hot wings for every game. (Or if I'm AT the game I buy an order of wings at Heinz Field.) I either bake or deep fry and cook them the same way until a loss, then I change for the next week.
Don't laugh, I started this system for the Bears game in 2005 and we know how that worked out.

In Ben We Trust

Reaction score
Terrible towel in right hand on offense, left hand on defense. I also run through my house like a crazy person if something really incredible happens....the last three? Troy's pick of Flacco in AFC Championship, Harrison's 100 yard interception return in XLIII, and most recently AB's reach across the goal line to win the North. Scares my dog half to death and my kids crack up...lol.

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
Funny ****. I can take part of each of the superstitions already posted and make my list.

SF81- I have the same boxer policy and wear the same outfit weather it's a jersey or sweatshirt, whatever every Sunday until they lose and then I change it up
Steel Buckeye- I have certain people I will not watch the game with because of their bad juju
AJ- the same terrible towel has to be on the left arm of my chair

I guess the only thing I can add is every week we listen to the same 3 Steeler pump up songs in the same order and then have a shot out of the same shot glasses we've used every week for years. I'm sure there are more but that's what comes to mind.

Last edited:

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
If we win a game I won't change jersey choice until a loss.

There ya go, and it's getting.(check that.).it IS pretty cigar, beer and food spot stinky now because that jersey don't get washed till it loses. I also spread a terrible towel out under the TV screen....jus for luck.

BTW, The current shirt is the old SN " Our team-our fans-our nation" tee with " Black and Gold doesn't Fold " on the back. My wife makes me hang it up in the barn between games...LOL

GO STILLERS

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I wear Steelers attire for every game.

From top to bottom has to be Black N Gold.

I won't date a fan of another team.

But have slept with a few, I figure I was just giving them the business like my team planned on doing.

:sn:
45dba71f2d7594c8bf1e88281447c6c3.jpg

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I will also add if we are winning and you come in the room and something bad happens you have to go. If you call me and something bad happens I'm hanging up on you. Doesn't matter who you are

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Terrible towel in right hand on offense, left hand on defense. I also run through my house like a crazy person if something really incredible happens....the last three? Troy's pick of Flacco in AFC Championship, Harrison's 100 yard interception return in XLIII, and most recently AB's reach across the goal line to win the North. Scares my dog half to death and my kids crack up...lol.

Me and my dad cuss out the tv. We've calmed down since my son was born. Me and the wife cuss out the tv during Pens games lol

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I make dinner/lunch based on the teams city food.

Ravens- crab cakes. Cinci- sky line chili. Etc

I also tape the game and start watching at 1:45. Turn off my phone and enjoy commercial free

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I only wear black and or gold clothing, or Steelers clothing. I had 7 layers at the Dolphins game, and they were all black and gold.

I usually only swing my Myron Cope Memorial Terrible Towel for playoff games, but I broke it out after the Dallas game this year. We needed Myron's luck!

Before the Cincy game I wore my 07' Polamalu Throwback. Since we came back and won, that is the only jersey I will win now.

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
I wear a black jersey for home games and either a white jersey or something else (tee shirt, sweatshirt etc) for away games. If we wear white at home I wear white, black on the road I wear black. Regular season game vs Dolphins I didnt realize they were making us wear black until kickoff. I was in a white jersey=loss. My bad everyone, my bad.

Big Ben Rules

Reaction score
Me also with the Shirt and Shorts. the remote also has to be on the right arm of the recliner. with the RF facing he TV. and for this year, the Christmas tree is still up. I was asked last week if the tree was coming down, I said yes. Sunday morning she asked me if the tree was still up because of the Steelers. I was like whattttt, and shrugged my shoulder. she was like come on is it, I said yes it is. HAHA!!.
I hope that sum *****, is up ti'll Feb!

diver

Reaction score
My wife bought me one of those Steelers ugly Christmas sweaters for Christmas last year. I kind of forgot about it this season and didn't pull it out of the closet until the first Browns game. So that sweater is now 8-0.

That's great. I bought an McIlhenny's Tabasco sauce t-shirt somewhere because I get a kick out of an Irish family finding a hot sauce company. Incidentally, one of the family members was a Colonel in the Marines in WW2 and had the codename "Tabasco Mac." Imagine that. But I digress.

I put that shirt on for the first Cleveland game and have worn it since. 8-0, baby.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
None for me. I ain't superstitious.

Sactown

Reaction score
I wear Steelers tshirts or sweatshirt during the game. If they win I wear it until they lose. I don't answer the phone. I break out my original Myron Cope Terrible Towel only for post-season games. I try to drink a nice quality heavy beer, usually over 7% and do occasion shots of good tequila.