• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What is Tomlin's record vs. 25% winning record teams or lower?

P

POP

I really don't think the Rooney's paid him as a franchise QB for the Coach to have to keep him focused for road games

Really? Was Aikan a franchise QB? Did Johnson keep him coached up? Is Tom Brady a franchise QB? Doesn't Hoodie still coach him? Weird.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Really? Was Aikan a franchise QB? Did Johnson keep him coached up? Is Tom Brady a franchise QB? Doesn't Hoodie still coach him? Weird.

Stop talking out your *** what proof do you have of either coach coaching up either player. None. I have never heard Troy Aikman come out and say anything about Jimmy Johnson coaching him up. Helping him keep focus..

P

POP

Stop talking out your *** what proof do you have of either coach coaching up either player. None. I have never heard Troy Aikman come out and say anything about Jimmy Johnson coaching him up. Helping him keep focus..

I have these things called eyes and ears. I have seen the film of those coaches speaking to those QBs on the sidelines and heard what they said. Maybe you use you *** for observation; I use my eyes and ears.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I have these things called eyes and ears. I have seen the film of those coaches speaking to those QBs on the sidelines and heard what they said. Maybe you use you *** for observation; I use my eyes and ears.

Can't say much for your ears. But your eyes must have missed all the instances where Tomlin was seen speaking to Roethlisberger as shown in the pictures from a quick Google search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tomlin+coaching+roethlisberger&biw=1600&bih=731&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwipueXmv_zPAhUG4SYKHQ5gD14Q_AUIBygC

I point these pictures out not so much in support of Tomlin, or his relationship with Ben, but as a way of showing that some of y'all will ignore the obvious just to try to make your point seem valid. Even when a quick internet search will provide visual evidence that weakens your position. Heck, it's possible that in each and every one of those pics Tomlin was asking Ben about some babe he was banging. Possible, but unlikely. Y'all hate Tomlin. We get it. But damn, 9 years of the whining and all that **** is kinda old. Nine years and Tomlin is still prowling the sidelines wearing his "cool shades" and whatever "look" it is that y'all don't like. I'd think that would signal to you that ARll doesn't agree with your opinions so far. And, since he cuts the checks, that's all that matters.

Edit: Thinking it over, there are a few things y'all can do to voice your displeasure to ARll. Why don't you put together one of those online petition things to get Tomlin fired? Detail all the instances that have you aggrieved and what you would have done differently and why. Maybe the next coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers will come from this message board.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I point these pictures out not so much in support of Tomlin, or his relationship with Ben, but as a way of showing that some of y'all will ignore the obvious just to try to make your point seem valid. Even when a quick internet search will provide visual evidence that weakens your position. Heck, it's possible that in each and every one of those pics Tomlin was asking Ben about some babe he was banging. Possible, but unlikely. Y'all hate Tomlin. We get it. But damn, 9 years of the whining and all that **** is kinda old. Nine years and Tomlin is still prowling the sidelines wearing his "cool shades" and whatever "look" it is that y'all don't like. I'd think that would signal to you that ARll doesn't agree with your opinions so far. And, since he cuts the checks, that's all that matters.

In another ten years Coach Cool Shades will still be the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
In another ten years Coach Cool Shades will still be the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

And it still wouldn't matter what I, you or anyone else felt about that. Because we don't cut the checks.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
And it still wouldn't matter what I, you or anyone else felt about that. Because we don't cut the checks.

Somehow I get the feeling that the Rooney's don't read this board either.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

lol ok?? who here has EVER said that what we say here, on this website, makes any difference to the actual team??

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't think the Rooney's paid him as a franchise QB for the Coach to have to keep him focused for road games

weak as hell, antdrew. you don't actually buy that coach/player-speak line when they say "blah blah blah we're professionals we shouldn't need extra motivation blah blah blah", do you?? It's a load of horseshit to keep the media from zeroing in on a particular player or coach, for a team's shortcomings. EVERY player worth a **** in the history of this game, was able to reach the levels they reached, because that player had sound leadership and outside motivation from SOMEONE; if not the head coach, some external stimulus in their hierarchy was able to help that player get everything and then some, out of themselves.

Be smarter than that.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
weak as hell, antdrew. you don't actually buy that coach/player-speak line when they say "blah blah blah we're professionals we shouldn't need extra motivation blah blah blah", do you?? It's a load of horseshit to keep the media from zeroing in on a particular player or coach, for a team's shortcomings. EVERY player worth a **** in the history of this game, was able to reach the levels they reached, because that player had sound leadership and outside motivation from SOMEONE; if not the head coach, some external stimulus in their hierarchy was able to help that player get everything and then some, out of themselves.

Be smarter than that.

Are you kidding me?? A franchise QB that needs to be refocused. A 34 Year old QB. Ben should be the least of Tomlin worries. You wanna talk football strategy, something you not seeing on the field ok. But getting up and being focused on a game??? Your Franchise 100 million dollar QB. Captain of the team.... Please YOU BE SMARTER

ark steel

Reaction score
Are you kidding me?? A franchise QB that needs to be refocused. A 34 Year old QB. Ben should be the least of Tomlin worries. You wanna talk football strategy, something you not seeing on the field ok. But getting up and being focused on a game??? Your Franchise 100 million dollar QB. Captain of the team.... Please YOU BE SMARTER

I could understand if we were talking about one of the younger guys, but of a coach has to keep Ben focused, we have bigger problems than HC.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I could understand if we were talking about one of the younger guys, but of a coach has to keep Ben focused, we have bigger problems than HC.

Exactly..

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
lol ok?? who here has EVER said that what we say here, on this website, makes any difference to the actual team??

You know that there are a few on here who ACT (even if they don SAY) as if they actually do BELIEVE that what is said on a message board makes a difference to the team, coaches, front office and ownership. Hell, it would at least be pretty entertaining if they COULD influence that ****. We'd probably be on our 4th or 5th HC and staff in the last 3-4 years, have complete roster overhaul every year and maybe a new GM or two. Wait, that sounds like the **** storm on the lake a couple hours from here.

Maybe the Browns are reading their fans' message boards and creating their strategies based on that. I for one am glad that the Steelers don't.

Last edited:

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

who said anything about being "re-focused"? I'm talking about leadership, numbnuts, the best players are always going to thirst for it as much as they give it.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
You know that there are a few on here who ACT (even if they don SAY) as if they actually do BELIEVE that what is said on a message board makes a difference to the team, coaches, front office and ownership. Hell, it would at least be pretty entertaining if they COULD influence that ****. We'd probably be on our 4th or 5th HC and staff in the last 3-4 years, have complete roster overhaul every year and maybe a new GM or two. Wait, that sounds like the **** storm on the lake a couple hours from here.

Maybe the Browns are reading their fans' message boards and creating their strategies based on that. I for one am glad that the Steelers don't.

lol, buckeye, really? this is your response?? even if someone on here legitimately believes that this message board has any bearing on real life, who cares?? does that ruin your day?? what's it matter, to anyone? frankly, I'd like to think that folks here aren't that dense and delusional, even our beloved trolls.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
who said anything about being "re-focused"? I'm talking about leadership, numbnuts, the best players are always going to thirst for it as much as they give it.

Oh Leadership like the captain of the team is supposed to display by being ready to play football. Numbnuts?? Give it up Omarrrr

There are certainly players Tomlin may have to make sure is ready to play Ben Rothlisberger better not be one of them

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
lol, buckeye, really? this is your response?? even if someone on here legitimately believes that this message board has any bearing on real life, who cares?? does that ruin your day?? what's it matter, to anyone? frankly, I'd like to think that folks here aren't that dense and delusional, even our beloved trolls.

I really didn't know that there was a requirement that my "response" meet some standard of "Omarism". Had I known, I would have more adequately taken your requirements and feelings into consideration. My most sincere apologies. I won't get into the denseness or delusions of some of the folks on here as to do so would not be productive. (I wonder if Mr. Rooney is reading this right now? Maybe Coach Tomlin or Haley. #shoutout).

Seriously though, did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning? You seem to be a little grouchy with folks today. I hope it turns around for you. You're usually, well, not necessarily a "ray of sunshine", but not such a gloomy Gus either.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
It's not just Ben, the entire damn team usually plays bad in these games.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I really didn't know that there was a requirement that my "response" meet some standard of "Omarism". Had I known, I would have more adequately taken your requirements and feelings into consideration. My most sincere apologies. I won't get into the denseness or delusions of some of the folks on here as to do so would not be productive. (I wonder if Mr. Rooney is reading this right now? Maybe Coach Tomlin or Haley. #shoutout).

Seriously though, did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning? You seem to be a little grouchy with folks today. I hope it turns around for you. You're usually, well, not necessarily a "ray of sunshine", but not such a gloomy Gus either.

I'm just tired of the excuses from you milquetoasters, is all

Hope you have a blessed weekend

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
It's not just Ben, the entire damn team usually plays bad in these games.

But the offense is only built around one. The QB.

P

POP

Guess what they were just talking about on ESPN and Fox Sports? Take a guess. They were talking about how Hoodie tears Tom a new one, in front of the whole team, when he screws up. Chad Johnson said he thought it was so intense that he was looking for the hidden cameras, thinking it was fake. As I alluded to previously, Hoodie lets NOW ONE have a pass in terms of staying on them, making sure they are focused. Cool Shades likes to just chill and be everyone's buddy. That's why we **** the bed so often vs. bad teams: Tomlin is NOT making sure everyone is focused and prepared. The boys are out back playing ping pong and air hockey instead. There is a reason that this team under-performs when playing the worst teams, and his name is Cool Shades.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Guess what they were just talking about on ESPN and Fox Sports? Take a guess. They were talking about how Hoodie tears Tom a new one, in front of the whole team, when he screws up. Chad Johnson said he thought it was so intense that he was looking for the hidden cameras, thinking it was fake. As I alluded to previously, Hoodie lets NOW ONE have a pass in terms of staying on them, making sure they are focused. Cool Shades likes to just chill and be everyone's buddy. That's why we **** the bed so often vs. bad teams: Tomlin is NOT making sure everyone is focused and prepared. The boys are out back playing ping pong and air hockey instead. There is a reason that this team under-performs when playing the worst teams, and his name is Cool Shades.

Ben Roethlisberger came to Mike Tomlin's defense this week, as Pittsburgh's coach has come under some media scrutiny after consecutive losses to the Dolphins and Patriots.

Speaking on 93.7 "The Fan" in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, Big Ben stood up for his coach, shortly after the team's 27-16 loss to New England that dropped the Steelers to 4-3 heading into their bye week. Specifically, Roethlisberger defended Tomlin's 5-11 record in their past 16 game against losing teams on the road.

“I think maybe people play up to us,” Ben said while saying that he doesn't think that the team plays down to it's competition. “I don’t know. I know that there is a bad record there. I can’t say it’s his [Mike Tomlin’s] record, because I’ve probably played in a lot of those games. Our record is not good and it’s frustrating. I don’t know if there is any particular reason, if there was, I think we would get it fixed. We need to play as well as we can no matter who we’re playing.

"It's not like we say, 'Ok this is their record, this one's a win, let's move on.' We don't do that. So I don't think there's any less preparation. We don't cut meetings short. Everything is the same."

The Steelers are in first place in the AFC North heading into their bye week! Take a second to sign up for our FREE Steelers newsletter!

Ben's comments came shortly after several members of the media, including Colin Cowherd of Fox Sports, ripped Tomlin for his lack of success against losing teams.

"I look at Pittsburgh, they're bad against bad teams," Cowherd said. "They go in cocky or unprepared. They get players regulary suspended, they're overly reliant on Big Ben. I don't think they're a well coached team week to week. They are not buttoned up. That is coaching, that is not talent."

Posted again because obviously you didn't see it the first time..so who's account shall I believe Ben's or your speculation

P

POP

Ben Roethlisberger came to Mike Tomlin's defense this week, as Pittsburgh's coach has come under some media scrutiny after consecutive losses to the Dolphins and Patriots.

Speaking on 93.7 "The Fan" in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, Big Ben stood up for his coach, shortly after the team's 27-16 loss to New England that dropped the Steelers to 4-3 heading into their bye week. Specifically, Roethlisberger defended Tomlin's 5-11 record in their past 16 game against losing teams on the road.

“I think maybe people play up to us,” Ben said while saying that he doesn't think that the team plays down to it's competition. “I don’t know. I know that there is a bad record there. I can’t say it’s his [Mike Tomlin’s] record, because I’ve probably played in a lot of those games. Our record is not good and it’s frustrating. I don’t know if there is any particular reason, if there was, I think we would get it fixed. We need to play as well as we can no matter who we’re playing.

"It's not like we say, 'Ok this is their record, this one's a win, let's move on.' We don't do that. So I don't think there's any less preparation. We don't cut meetings short. Everything is the same."

The Steelers are in first place in the AFC North heading into their bye week! Take a second to sign up for our FREE Steelers newsletter!

Ben's comments came shortly after several members of the media, including Colin Cowherd of Fox Sports, ripped Tomlin for his lack of success against losing teams.

"I look at Pittsburgh, they're bad against bad teams," Cowherd said. "They go in cocky or unprepared. They get players regulary suspended, they're overly reliant on Big Ben. I don't think they're a well coached team week to week. They are not buttoned up. That is coaching, that is not talent."

Posted again because obviously you didn't see it the first time..so who's account shall I believe Ben's or your speculation

So, do you also believe everything a politician says? That is the level of gullibility needed here. And Cowherd absolutely nailed the truth. Ben was just blowing fluff. It is Cool Shades that allows Ben to be treated so softly; he isn't gonna risk messing that deal up. Ben likes it cushy. So we come into playing the worst teams soft and unfocused. The evidence is overwhelming.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
So, do you also believe everything a politician says? That is the level of gullibility needed here. And Cowherd absolutely nailed the truth. Ben was just blowing fluff. It is Cool Shades that allows Ben to be treated so softly; he isn't gonna risk messing that deal up. Ben likes it cushy. So we come into playing the worst teams soft and unfocused. The evidence is overwhelming.

You ask me do I believe everything politicians say then proceed to bold a quote from Colin Cowherd. Makes sense