• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What is the college qb crop like?

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
He hasn't pocket presence is a check down fool and was awful against the Browns before making a few long passes after being way behind. From Lombardi on down the league thinks he is a poor QB
Lol. None of that is correct. It is all strictly your opinion and not fact.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Pickett can go the rest of the season and look good, or at least not lay an egg, especially in their conference championship and their bowl game, he will go high in the 1st. Unless the Steelers start losing again, he will be gone before we pick in the middle of the round. Burrow only had one good year in college as well. The problem with Pickett, though is he has super tiny hands. Some other QB's recently were questioned for having around 9" hands. Pickett only has 8-1/4" hands. That will definitely be a concern in bad weather and for ball security.

Last edited:

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Or, Kiper is letting one excellent year of college ball by a 5th year player overshadow that player's previous body of work; which was not at that level. (Acknowledgement: I don't follow Pitt and can'I think of one game that I've seen them get that Pickett played in) I get that Pickett is having a fanrastic SR-2 year. But, I'm also looking at his stats from the last three years prior to this year and (on paper at least), there's nothing that screams 1st round pick. So, do we disregard those years?
In general, this year's crop of QB prospects doesn't stand out as a strong crop. For me, Pickett's SR-2 showing doesn't move the needle much.
I agree but look at a guy like Trey Lance. He barely even played in college and went #3. I do think sometimes it just clicks for guys, but it is a huge risk. I think Rodgers coming here is a pipe dream, but i could see us bringing in a solid vet like Fitzpatrick. Should allow us to shore up the O line, but we are going to need replacements for Heyward and Tuitt soon. Those will be tough shoes to fill

steelhurt

Reaction score
I think Mason in his last start played pretty damn well on the road against a talented Browns team fighting to make the playoffs. I was not impressed of what I saw of Haskins in the preseason. He looked tentative and indecisive in the pocket and dumped the ball off too quickly. And that was against backups and guys trying to make their team’s rosters. Will he improve? Who knows! We’ll find out next season.
My plan depending on the team’s draft position, if we’re drafting in the middle say 15-20, if he continues to show up would be Kenny Pickett. Guy has the size, arm strength, he’s mobile and appears he can make all the throws. May not be there when Steelers pick, and may have to move up some depending on where we end in the draft order, but I’d make every effort to get him. Let him sit a season behind Mason to get him ready for his second season. That’s my opinion.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, Pickett has those tiny hands and he totally missed what looked like a wide-open Addison for a TD that would have put Pitt ahead. Instead, it was his 2nd pick of the day and ended their chances of a win.