• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Welcome to the Steelers Payton Wilson

xjx

Reaction score
I hope his past injuries don't hold him back.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m stunned anyone is unhappy with this draft. Pretty damn good so far. Yes we have other needs, but reaching based on needs hasn’t worked out for the Steelers in the past. Get a corner and some DL help and this draft becomes excellent.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
As NC State season ticket holder I love this pick. He’s got a motor and super high level of compete. Injuries happen but he brings it every time he’s on the field. He’s got what it takes to be a solid LB on this team.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely love the pick!
Every Wolfpack game i watched...this guy was the best player on the field.
Perfect skill sets and mentality for a an ILB.
My take away comparison is Jack Lambert with DBack speed!
Seriously.

Someone said he will be a Yinzers favorite in 2-3 years....hell it might be sooner than that!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
no doubt, the risk is there but if you get 4 years of good play out of a comp 3rd you made great
Exactly as later you go in the draft the odds of bust potential increases so you might as well take some chances.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly as later you go in the draft the odds of bust potential increases so you might as well take some chances.
Yeah, between getting a lower talent and getting a proven player that has an injury history but that has 2 years of excellent tape without missing time... give me that gamble

steelcan58

Reaction score

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
LOVE this pick. Sure, Wilson has an injury history, but at #98, it's well worth the risk for this kind of dynamic playmaker.

And I haven't read into detail yet on the severity of his injuries, but wouldn't it be hard to injure your ACL if you don't actually have one anymore? Whatever the case may be, judging by that clip, the kid's healed up just fine -- 23.7 MPH from a linebacker is just ridiculous speed. Almost impossible, really...there's only a handful of NFL guys who exceeded 22 miles per hour on the field in pads over the last couple of years.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw a graphic on screen last night that stated Wilson is on Nick Saban's All-Draft team of 2024...right next to Cooper.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Really good player in college who only fell because of injuries. IMO well worth the risk with your 3B pick. Hopefully he can stay healthy… We’ll have a good one.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, you'll see, you'll see. My God, you'll see.

8o8hrt.jpg

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Funny thing about the Wilson ACL injuries. One happened when he was a SR. in High School. Since he's 24, that was presumably at around 6 years ago. The second injury was when he was a true Freshman. So, 4 to 5 years ago (again, presumably). In any event, no knee injuries since. And he retained his speed and tenacity. If they only get 4 years out of him, and it's a good 4 years, that's acceptable.
For comparison, DeMarvin Leal was a third round pick of the Steelers. Perfectly healthy when drafted. Hasn't done ****.

bigben

Reaction score
LOVE this pick. Sure, Wilson has an injury history, but at #98, it's well worth the risk for this kind of dynamic playmaker.

And I haven't read into detail yet on the severity of his injuries, but wouldn't it be hard to injure your ACL if you don't actually have one anymore? Whatever the case may be, judging by that clip, the kid's healed up just fine -- 23.7 MPH from a linebacker is just ridiculous speed. Almost impossible, really...there's only a handful of NFL guys who exceeded 22 miles per hour on the field in pads over the last couple of years.
100%
23.7 is unbelievable. Faster than the top speed in NFL history by .5mph?? How is that possible? Either way guy is high risk very very high reward. Love it