• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Welcome to the Steelers Payton Wilson

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Eh…don’t love it, don’t hate it. Seems like a reach in the 3rd round based on his injury report.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
I guess the team feels good about our CBs and DLmen, they take a LB over either. OKkkkkkkkkkkk.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Eh…don’t love it, don’t hate it. Seems like a reach in the 3rd round based on his injury report.
His injury report is the only reason the guy is available. Otherwise he would have been drafted much higher. This is a high risk potential high reward. I think he adds speed and playmaking ability to the ILbers. You can even shove him in coverage. I like the pick.

This is where you can take risks those late three into the 4th.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
First round talent with injury concerns is a fine gamble with a comp 3rd rounder...

My only concern is at CB... particularly slot cb
They will pick one up in free agency. Possible resign Sullivan.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
His injury report is the only reason the guy is available. Otherwise he would have been drafted much higher. This is a high risk potential high reward. I think he adds speed and playmaking ability to the ILbers. You can even shove him in coverage. I like the pick.

Speed?

yeah

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score

But we still had some very real needs at CB and DL when they took this "luxury pick." IDK.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm with you - don't love it, we had real needs at CB and DL still at this point.
Steelers had a real need at ILB. injuries there have killed them the past few seasons. They need bodies inside

this is not a luxury pick

Last edited:

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Reaching for needs rarely turns out well in the long run. Low ceilings. See Devon Bush.
Bush was a known cluster f--k, but I can't see making a connection with this pick. We need CB and DL help, 1st and foremost. This guy was taken with a super valuable 3rd-round pick when we had much bigger needs. AND he comes with risk.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Bush was a known cluster f--k, but I can't see making a connection with this pick. We need CB and DL help, 1st and foremost. This guy was taken with a super valuable 3rd-round pick when we had much bigger needs. AND he comes with risk.
all draft picks come with some risks

DL is less of a need than ILB

CB may be a bigger need, but reaching for need is almost always a mistake

take BPA and be happy

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
mark my words, friends. this guy will be the gem of this draft. 2-3 years from now, every single one of us will be lining up around the block, to suck payton wilson's cokk. and as expected, coolie will be first in line.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
mark my words, friends. this guy will be the gem of this draft. 2-3 years from now, every single one of us will be lining up around the block, to suck payton wilson's cokk. and as expected, coolie will be first in line.
he's not a UH Player

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Talent trumps need. This is the type of pick that can have the Steelers as a serious contender in the next couple of years as opposed to a DL destined to be no higher than a backup rotational player. This team was devoid of talent at a lot of positions and Khan/Weidl have just crushed these last two drafts. Give me high upside players every time in the middle rounds, even if it comes with a risk.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
It all depends on how they view some of those injury recoveries... and how some young guys are developing... they probably keep 5 ilbs this season... Queen is a lock. Roberts is a runstopper, as is robinson.. Holcomb is a coverage guy coming off a catastrophic injury... you absolutely need another coverage guy in case Holcomb lost a step

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Who the heck was the DL pick there or corner that out weighed picking a player like Wilson that is also a position of need. TJ Tampa is the only guy I can think of and there's a reason he's falling.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Who the heck was the DL pick there or corner that out weighed picking a player like Wilson that is also a position of need. TJ Tampa is the only guy I can think of and there's a reason he's falling.
I'll show you some tomorrow as they keep coming off the board.