• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

UDFA Tracker

Poobah

Reaction score
i just took a look at some video of Plumblee. Places the ball well but too much air under his passes. I don't think he has the arm to make it at qb. That said, half the highlights were him running the ball and I am indeed impressed. I could see him returning kicks while trying to convert to WR. Give him a year on the PS as the taxi qb but let him learn WR and see what he does with it.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Plumblee and the draft makes me feel that the Steelers long term plan is to sign Fields and be an extremely run oriented offense. Especially since the WR we drafted is an A+ blocker. I think Plumblee ends up the PS QB this year and has a shot to be a backup next year if he shows enough this year.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Would have liked to have seen the Steelers sign Cody Schrader, the running back from Mizzou, but the Niners scooped him up.

Last edited:

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Plumblee and the draft makes me feel that the Steelers long term plan is to sign Fields and be an extremely run oriented offense. Especially since the WR we drafted is an A+ blocker. I think Plumblee ends up the PS QB this year and has a shot to be a backup next year if he shows enough this year.
How have run-heavy teams done at winning Super Bowls the last 10 years?

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Would have liked to have seen the Steelers sign Cory Schrader, the running back from Mizzou, but the Niners scooped him up.
Apparently we still think Najee is "all that" at RB...can't say I agree.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This kid could possibly play a “Slash” type role, though at a bit lower level. I also see a bit of Antwan Randle El in his game. Opens things up more if you can field a 2nd QB at another spot. Hopefully he has it in him to get one of the WR spots and PS QB

diver

Reaction score
Trends change in the NFL. If you notice, the two teams that made the Super Bowl this year had very good running games. As the year progressed, the Chiefs became less wide open and had more of a running game. The Bills were struggling at 6-6, started to run the ball more and finished strong. I know you like to read into things, so I am not saying you can win without a good passing game. Yes, you need that. But I have wondered why teams don't do more running. Hell, they don't hit and tackle nearly like they used to in camp and practice. It seems somewhat common sense to do more running of the football.

diver

Reaction score
Let me reverse the question. How many teams without at least an adequate running game have won the Super Bowl? It doesn't have to be an either or. Why not be competent in both?

It's kinda like do you have to choose between Lynard Skynard or the Allman Brothers? They are both great and you can like both. I saw a survey a number of years ago in which people had to choose, and I thought it was stupid.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
This kid could possibly play a “Slash” type role, though at a bit lower level. I also see a bit of Antwan Randle El in his game. Opens things up more if you can field a 2nd QB at another spot. Hopefully he has it in him to get one of the WR spots and PS QB
He already has the number for it when I first saw his pic I immediately thought of Kordell. He sports number 10.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I didn’t say it’s a great plan. But a good running game and defense can hide an average QB.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Let me reverse the question. How many teams without at least an adequate running game have won the Super Bowl? It doesn't have to be an either or. Why not be competent in both?

It's kinda like do you have to choose between Lynard Skynard or the Allman Brothers? They are both great and you can like both. I saw a survey a number of years ago in which people had to choose, and I thought it was stupid.
Allman Brothers

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Personally, I hope the Steelers turn the NFL on its head a run everyone the **** over

Stewey

Reaction score

Hey, no fair! I was gonna say that!
I never get to say anything good.

But I'll be rooting for Chumlee to be the next Slash!

Stewey

Reaction score

Well you did say if they HAD to choose. Like if I had to choose which one I would rather have play at my party or get free tickets to go see. Or if I had to choose between Joe Thomas or Anthony Munoz to play left tackle for me.
If I had to choose...Lynard Skynyrd. That one song "Sweet Home Alabama" is the deciding factor for me. That piano and those guitar riffs. Genius. Probably the most played country rock song ever. The Marshall Tucker Band gained some popularity.

As a matter of fact, screw all of them, l choose the artist who wrote these lyrics...

You just go and lay your hand
On a Pittsburgh Steelers' fan
And I think you're gonna finally understand

RIP Charlie Daniels

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Southern fried rock is amazing. Van Zant, Alman Brothers, Skynyrd, Charlie Daniels, the list goes on.

If he is not on the team as QB 3, who do we have?

xjx

Reaction score
Allen and Plumtree duke it out for #3 .

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Obviously inaccurate. Troy and co. will have to earn their starts. We know by last season charting that they aren’t quick to insert green. That is their approach.
Hoping so. They are showing Payton Wilson behind Highsmith at OLB at the moment.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Yea, OK. Fair enough. And hide a so-so QB until the playoffs and then uh oh. We got the 7-year non-playoff wins streak already going on.
Baltimore has been doing this with Action Jackson for 6 seasons. I guess winning a playoff game has become the ultimate goal under Tomlin. Remember when championships were the goal? Ah, the good old days.