• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

UDFA Tracker

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Let me reverse the question. How many teams without at least an adequate running game have won the Super Bowl? It doesn't have to be an either or. Why not be competent in both?

It's kinda like do you have to choose between Lynard Skynard or the Allman Brothers? They are both great and you can like both. I saw a survey a number of years ago in which people had to choose, and I thought it was stupid.
I don't disagree with the premise: I agree you have to be "decent" across the board to win it all. But even in Cowher's days, we saw what a great running game and defense usually got you: a lot of season wins. And that was before they made the game so pass-heavy tilted. Bill didn't win it all until he had a franchise QB - came close, but couldn't win a ring.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Thats probably an unofficial Espn mock up... check the steelers website for any official ones... they usually don't release anything this early yet...
The best thing about that line up (if true) is seeing Moore not starting.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
mostly for the Steelers signings but post others if they are of interest

I know most will be disappointed....Nelson Ceaser signed with the seafags

Steelers signings

DE Julius Welschof
RB Daijun Edwards
CB Beenie Bishop
QB John Rhys Plumlee
LB, Jacoby Windmon

who?

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Baltimore has been doing this with Action Jackson for 6 seasons. I guess winning a playoff game has become the ultimate goal under Tomlin. Remember when championships were the goal? Ah, the good old days.
You can’t do one without the other

suncitysteel

Soli Deo Gloria
Forefather
Reaction score
Daijun in the B&G.
Verron Haynes 2.0

I think it was Verne Lundquist who always called him "Vernon".

This kid could possibly play a “Slash” type role, though at a bit lower level. I also see a bit of Antwan Randle El in his game. Opens things up more if you can field a 2nd QB at another spot. Hopefully he has it in him to get one of the WR spots and PS QB

I was also thinking this Plumlee kid could be used in a ARE/Taysom Hill type role.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it was Verne Lundquist who always called him "Vernon".

I was also thinking this Plumlee kid could be used in a ARE/Taysom Hill type role.
Yeah. It was Vern. Sucks that the SEC is going to espn now. CBS was more tolerable