• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TRUTH, who did & who did NOT............no judgement.....

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't watch a single play. I haven't even looked at highlights. Won't be watching on Monday either. Like another poster said, it would be hypocritical of me to say I won't watch the NFL because of "x" then turn right around and watch the Steelers. I do however really enjoy reading the comments/debates on this board and have paid for a subscription, so I'll see that out and revisit when the subscription bill comes due.

Truthfully, I am on this board for the people and mainly stick to the P & R forum. I rarely come to the football forum. Like a few others, I've been here since the beginning and will continue to support the board as long as it's here. If this was just a Steelers board I would have left years ago.Reading other people's opinions on football holds zero interest to me.

Last edited:

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Truthfully, I am on this board for the people and mainly stick to the P & R forum. I rarely come to the football forum.

While I understand where you're coming from, I do still enjoy coming to the football board. Otherwise I'd miss Slash, DIC, Hoot, Hines, Guru, Sask, Omar, Cope, Coolie, Ike, 448, Coryea and so many others just talking about the game & team they love. Like we were all kids in the backyard still (cue Kumbaya). Maybe it's hypocritical to want to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers, but that love was burnt into this dark, twisted soul a long time ago and it ain't goin' away.

See y'all in hell (kidding of course ((for most of us)). But I'm streaming the games like Sarge does, so I think I'm definitely going to hell.

Last edited:

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Such a great (goofy), hilarious & underrated movie.

1826596823-2-023.gif

uZMjLqND-Id_otj6yYGmNAryBKrUd9BrfxCUkMNSmaTtpunf9eCk_T5-t-jrnaVcixeHXD4CG6FoYmglIIcdZv74j18llMbW3nvu39hJ5z6ejuJ6WWryOqY

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm excited for the matchups this weekend:

1pm: CLE vs BAL love rooting against the Ravens
WAS vs PHI I like the Eagles, and have always hated Washington
GB vs MIN Great divisional matchup

So many good matchups at 1, I may watch redzone if the Ravens game gets out of hand.

4pm I really want to see the TB vs NO matchup. Brady in a new town with a new team going up against one of the best teams in the NFC out of the gate. Should be humbling for him.

8pm Root against Dallas. It's in my DNA.

I'l watch the MNF game at 8, don't know if I'm staying up for the second one though.

Great matchups and protesting never bothers me, even if I don't believe in the protest, it is protected by our constitution.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The protest part of the game was a non factor, IMO. I didn't quite understand why the National Anthem couldn't be performed at the game. If they said, I missed it because I was grabbing some food. I didn't even realize if the Texans stayed in the locker room. The moment of unity after it was met by some loud boos, but louder cheers after it was over. I really don't get the point of it. It didn't achieve anything, but also didn't take away from the viewing experience. From a production point of view, networks rarely show any pregame in the regular season, so I doubt we'll see much beyond the first week of the season. The game itself was fine. The Chiefs look great and are the team to beat in the NFL. Andy Reid's visor had the toughest night out of anyone. The Texans may win that division, but as always, aren't a threat to do anything in the playoffs.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't watch a single play. I haven't even looked at highlights. Won't be watching on Monday either. Like another poster said, it would be hypocritical of me to say I won't watch the NFL because of "x" then turn right around and watch the Steelers. I do however really enjoy reading the comments/debates on this board and have paid for a subscription, so I'll see that out and revisit when the subscription bill comes due.

Good for you and I'm glad you are a contributor. This board BRINGS and amazing amount of discussion and insight. I'm drawn as well and many other too.!!

Thanks for contributing both in $$$coin$$$ and vocabulary.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm certain you can get Sunday Ticket for the price you pay for the games at the bar...

I had too many libations and passed out during the game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

I hear yaz Berm but my event at the SPORTS bar was obviously game but as important the comrodary of one of my best friends since 5th grade always meet me there and the fact of my "redhead" manager LADY. I spent about $20.00 for great entertainment, including some private viewings.......................

Salute the nation

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I watched it. Texans stayed in locker room and only 1 chiefs player knelt. Both teams got together and midfield in a "moment of unity" pre-kick off. After that I didnt notice any social justice stuff. I thought the game was pretty good overall especially considering there was no preseason. Mahones was extremely efficient and had a couple dropped passes or would have had better numbers. Texans were a little sloppy, but they definitely seemed to be missing some play makers especially at WR.

SCSteeler4life

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm excited for the matchups this weekend:

1pm: CLE vs BAL love rooting against the Ravens
WAS vs PHI I like the Eagles, and have always hated Washington
GB vs MIN Great divisional matchup

So many good matchups at 1, I may watch redzone if the Ravens game gets out of hand.

4pm I really want to see the TB vs NO matchup. Brady in a new town with a new team going up against one of the best teams in the NFC out of the gate. Should be humbling for him.

8pm Root against Dallas. It's in my DNA.

I'l watch the MNF game at 8, don't know if I'm staying up for the second one though.

Great matchups and protesting never bothers me, even if I don't believe in the protest, it is protected by our constitution.

One big difference, If I protest at my job I get fired. On your own time yes protected, on your employer's time, not protected.

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score

I applaud you sticking to your guns. It is indeed hypocritical of folks to complain and threaten not to watch and then turn it on.

On a similar note, my wife asked me the other day what I thought about the flag kneeling. While I support peaceful protests in general and although I would never kneel to the flag myself, what I would really like to see is action to go with the protest. What I really want to see is the players and peaceful protesters take action in their communities to help address all sides of the issues. Peaceful protests can raise awareness of issues, but only direct hands on action within communities can solve them.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I watched it. Texans stayed in locker room and only 1 chiefs player knelt.
I would prefer that a team stay in the locker room rather than have visible social justice bullshit and let their players be seen kneeling. Want to put a plug in it? Tell the team that either we are all going to stand for the national anthem or if not we are all going to stay in the locker room and no one will see your virtue signaling.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Two chicks at the same time, man. Chicks did dudes with money. If I had a million dollars I think i could hook that up.
Not all chicks.
The kind of chicks that'd hook up with a guy like me would.
Good point.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I hear yaz Berm but my event at the SPORTS bar was obviously game but as important the comrodary of one of my best friends since 5th grade always meet me there and the fact of my "redhead" manager LADY. I spent about $20.00 for great entertainment, including some private viewings.......................

Salute the nation

This post is USELESS without pics...

Steelmann

Reaction score
****** A

EXCELENT Steelmann, !!!

Only thing is though.......... I'd KAYAK

Salute the nation

Have the use of a 14’ Delta Kayak I putter about in. Not sure if you know the company,if not google Delta Kayak. Made here in British Colombia. Fantastic brand. I still love to swim when it’s hot out and the ocean is not too cold. After saying how beautiful our weather has been still would be sunny and hot except for one thing. All the smoke from the fires from California,Oregon and Washington State have crossed the border and settled in Vancouver. Apparently we have the worst pollution index of anywhere right now. Can barely see anything in front of you,like a dense fog. It’s the *****.

Phinnster

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't watch and I rarely miss primetime games. This social justice BS is sad and pathetic. I have some games PVR'd for today, we'll see how bad the virtue signaling is, if it gets carried I'll be turning it off.

Hoping the Monday night broadcast keeps it to a minimum. I'm already done with the NBA, the NFL might be next to go.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to effect the ratings and still watch DVR gets tallied separately.

Just one method you can choose if you are on the fence about watching the Steelers.

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Have the use of a 14’ Delta Kayak I putter about in. Not sure if you know the company,if not google Delta Kayak. Made here in British Colombia. Fantastic brand. I still love to swim when it’s hot out and the ocean is not too cold. After saying how beautiful our weather has been still would be sunny and hot except for one thing. All the smoke from the fires from California,Oregon and Washington State have crossed the border and settled in Vancouver. Apparently we have the worst pollution index of anywhere right now. Can barely see anything in front of you,like a dense fog. It’s the *****.

Yes SIR, yes I do.

I am a HUGE KAYAKer to the tune of racing them. 50 & 74 mile races (I won't go into that). I do know DELTA is a good all around general paddling KAYAK and fun.

I have 6 different Kayaks but my main COMPETATIVE are EPIC & Stellar, 19' x 26lbs......18' X 36lbs. Respectively. Extremely fast and agile. The EPIC is about 3/4 mph faster than the SDTELLAR but both have great characteristics.

I'm glad for your nice weather but praying the fires go out thus clearing the air quality.

ENJOY what's left of summer and happy paddling.

Salute the nation

str8liner

Reaction score
If you want to effect the ratings and still watch DVR gets tallied separately.

Just one method you can choose if you are on the fence about watching the Steelers.

Yea but it still gets tallied.....

Are you ready for some racist woke anti American football today?

For the first time in about 45 years I am not.

And won't be a part of it.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Numbers may be skewed slightly up today because the ticket is free for the first game, although they may have done this in the past as well.

As for me, the truck needs a new drive line carrier bearing so I'll be laying on the garage floor today.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Finished watching Cobra Kai, then flipped over to cable and saw three plays in the 3rd quarter, before finding hockey was on. Put that on and played baseball on my phone.

It took you that long to finish Cobra Kai?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app