• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TRUTH, who did & who did NOT............no judgement.....

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Who watched and who didn't. How was the actual TV part / comentators / protest... Part of the game.

I myself don't have regular TV and no ability to have watched it, couldn't get it on radio either. I didn't investigate a method of the net or try to stream. I just wasn't that interested. This morning on YouTube I watched the 11 minute high-lites and was satisfied as to play of the game.

I've been going to this sports bar (I'm treated like a king) for the last 20 or so years to watch STEELERS games. This year I'm not sure I will due to pandemic. It just doesn't seem that high a priority to me this year.

Honestly, I'm strongly considering "Game Pas" and then I can watch the shortened version of the game with out any talking head opinions.

WHAT say you STEELERNATION ??

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Finished watching Cobra Kai, then flipped over to cable and saw three plays in the 3rd quarter, before finding hockey was on. Put that on and played baseball on my phone.

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
Had no interest so didn't watch. Mostly due to the kneeling and soapboxing, but Chiefs-Texans is also about as milquetoast a match up as you can get. The 54-52 NFL model just isn't football anymore.

They are losing fans in droves for multiple reasons but the anthem dualing banjos will do a lot of damage, IMO.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
I cut cable tv a few months ago, and like DIC, felt no reason to watch via stream. I did check the score a few times; seems like the game went about as expected.

Sunday will be interesting from the standpoint of feeling " am I missing something", but with all the other life/time/schedule changes, I do not think so. My NFL watching has decreased every year for about the past decade, as Pats****, new rules and SJW politics has come to the NFL to rob me of the passion that I used to feel. My eldest needs a bigger "game jersey", and my wife is pushing him and I to get one asap (#90), but the 14yr (who has always worn #43) and I are melancholy and not yet moved to action. 10 years ago, I proudly carried my 4 year old, fully geared, into multiple FF drafts. That was a long time ago.

I will watch Monday nite......I think.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Chicoman

Reaction score
I didn't watch it! For the first time in my life I really had very little desire to turn a football game on. I'm a UFC fan now! It's the King of Sports for me right now & Dana White's Contender Series is kick *** too! I don't see myself watching much football this season if any. I'll try to tune in the Steelers here and there but I am no longer fulfilling my Sundays with the NFL or any other day for that matter. Saturday Night's alright for fighting....UFC BABY!

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Had a few beers at the local watering hole. People gave it a shot then their pregame Alicia Keys oppression crap came on and people who voted Hilary last time started dropping the N word like it was 1820. Good job America you turned liberals into racists.

Chicoman

Reaction score
Had a few beers at the local watering hole. People gave it a shot then their pregame Alicia Keys oppression crap came on and people who voted Hilary last time started dropping the N word like it was 1820. Good job America you turned liberals into racists.

If you look through History you will see Liberals always have been racists! Slavery, Jim Crow Laws, Klu Klux Klan (Robert Byrd - Democrat congressman.....leader of the KKK), Segregation in schools, Civil Rights. Yet somehow minorities typically back this party but many are waking up! See Candace Owens.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
No Problem turned it on in time to hear Collinsworth say he just wants to call a football game and then heard nothing more about it. I have always hated the pregame **** anyway so I just skip it. After that is was perfectly fine.

That’s when I turned it on. He said a quick thing about the players and that’s it. To me- he handled it with class. Initially saying all he wants to do is call a football game- his few words about supporting the players and the he said I just want to call a football game. I’m not surprised at that the woke crowd is trying to roast him on Twitter.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

Liberals have always been racist.....they just try to hide it

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Got home around 9pm started checking email and then realized the game was on. Made some dinner and caught some minutes before halftime. Laid down and was out like a light in 15 minutes. Woke up after the game and checked the score. I will watch the Steelers game but not hyped about the start of the season anywhere near as much as years gone by. I used to subscribe to Sunday Ticket or Sports Packages. Not sure about this year yet. Lost interest in most other sports other than the Raptors but still have a hard time finding time to watch.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
I watched about half of it. Made sure I didn't watch the opening ceremonies. It was alright. Occasionally they mentioned something about justice and I either ignored or use the mute button.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
watched about half of the 3rd quarter....enough to see the Texans have some issues on defense

I'd expect that of you to catch some of your home town team (not your favorite just saying). Texans definately need some help.

Salute the nation

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I watched maybe half the game. I tuned in after the game started so I didn’t have to see all the bullshit virtue signaling. I just couldn’t get into it. I guess when a group of people make a point to tell me that I’m a horrible person and my country is rotten, I have little interest in watching them or giving them money to spit on me some more.

From what I’ve read, the Texans stayed in the locker room for the Anthem and also for the so called black anthem. I guess they were smart enough to know the outrage that would follow if they took a knee for the Anthem and then stood up for the black one. They took the coward way out. I may have actually respected them if they came out and took the knee and took the backlash. But no, they only want the accolades and no criticism so they took the coward way out.

I feel sorry for the guys trapped on the team who want nothing to do with this but they are forced to go along with it in the name of team unity. These players don’t grasp the irony. They are bashing the league for not supporting Kap and are doing the exact same thing to any player who would want to stand for the anthem now.

I heard somewhere that there were Boos from the crowd during the pregame.

The chiefs did stand for the anthem except for 1 player.

I also read or heard that starting week 2, all broadcasts will not show any pregame at all and will go straight to kickoff. They also will not mention the protests anymore. We’ll see.

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
Who watched and who didn't. How was the actual TV part / comentators / protest... Part of the game.

I myself don't have regular TV and no ability to have watched it, couldn't get it on radio either. I didn't investigate a method of the net or try to stream. I just wasn't that interested. This morning on YouTube I watched the 11 minute high-lites and was satisfied as to play of the game.

I've been going to this sports bar (I'm treated like a king) for the last 20 or so years to watch STEELERS games. This year I'm not sure I will due to pandemic. It just doesn't seem that high a priority to me this year.

Honestly, I'm strongly considering "Game Pas" and then I can watch the shortened version of the game with out any talking head opinions.

WHAT say you STEELERNATION ??

Salute the nation

DIC - I watched and I enjoyed seeing football again even if I have no vested interested in the two teams playing. It was nice just to see a game. I stream - I don't have any packages (tv or nfl pass or whatever). The commentating was fine..I am not a CC fan so there is that. It was a little odd with so few fans in the stands, but, honestly, I only watch the plays themselves and often watch with no sound anyway so that does not bother me.

Game pass is fine, but unless thye have improved, the condensed version takes a few days as does the coaches film. You can sign up for the free 7 day trial and see if you like it or how it functions this year.

As to the political issues - I won't talk much of it. It does not upset or frustrate me the way it does others. That does not mean I agree or disagree - just that I am not as passionate about it as others. You have to decide if it bothers you that much that it ruins something you love or not. That is a decision each person has to make for themselves.