• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tom Jackson out At ESPN

C

Clete

Too bad, this guy was always class and great unlike the fat *** unfunny Berman.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Well apparently its too hard for you to post a story.

Tom Jackson won’t be back at ESPN
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2016, 9:50 PM EDT

The report from Bob Raissman of the New York Daily News that Tom Jackson will leave ESPN provided some wiggle room for the veteran analyst to return to Sunday NFL Countdown for what would be his 30th season. Multiple industry sources tell PFT that the decision has been made: Jackson won’t be coming back.

As one source explained it, ESPN’s decision to bring back Trent Dilfer after his contract had expired and it appeared he would leaving arose in part from Jackson’s decision to leave.

Jackson had long been regarded as being tied at the hip with on-air partner Chris Berman. With Berman reportedly entering his last year at ESPN, it’s somewhat odd that Jackson wouldn’t want to do a victory lap with Berman.

Unless, of course, that victory lap will be all about Berman and/or consist of Berman complaining about the fact that ESPN management has apparently nudged him out.

C

Clete

Well apparently its too hard for you to post a story.

Tom Jackson won’t be back at ESPN
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2016, 9:50 PM EDT

The report from Bob Raissman of the New York Daily News that Tom Jackson will leave ESPN provided some wiggle room for the veteran analyst to return to Sunday NFL Countdown for what would be his 30th season. Multiple industry sources tell PFT that the decision has been made: Jackson won’t be coming back.

As one source explained it, ESPN’s decision to bring back Trent Dilfer after his contract had expired and it appeared he would leaving arose in part from Jackson’s decision to leave.

Jackson had long been regarded as being tied at the hip with on-air partner Chris Berman. With Berman reportedly entering his last year at ESPN, it’s somewhat odd that Jackson wouldn’t want to do a victory lap with Berman.

Unless, of course, that victory lap will be all about Berman and/or consist of Berman complaining about the fact that ESPN management has apparently nudged him out.

I don't recall it being my obligation to post stories

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
He is 65 he could just be retiring. I can't get a read on if he was being forced out.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
wtf all the black guys are getting canned? I love Tom Jackson...

I'm pretty sure it isn't the color that is the cause of the firing............... Ray Lewis was short on tackles this year

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
TJ had class and an account as a former player. He will be missed.

I hear ESPN behinds the scenes is full in-fighting amongst the sportscasters.

Berman has to go. The poor guy hasn't been cool since the early 1990's. Now he's a cancerous old man. Youtube some of his angry rants when he thinks he's off camera, you'll laugh

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
They need to shake up the dinosaurs and add some new blood to tv. The same guys year in and out gets old.

I have no problem with older as long as they are still good. Myron Cope anyone?

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I don't recall it being my obligation to post stories

it is the obligation of the individual starting a thread to provide a link and/or a portion of the story related to their thread so those of us who read the thread will know where the originator read his information and can follow the link to read more if interested.....

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ray Lewis was short on tackles this year...

Better check your stats bro. The Ravens had him down for 96 solo and 32 assists. That doesn't include the 17 sacks and 3 interceptions.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
it is the obligation of the individual starting a thread to provide a link and/or a portion of the story related to their thread so those of us who read the thread will know where the originator read his information and can follow the link to read more if interested.....

Well I'll just make it so he can't start threads when I get home from work.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I really liked Jackson and nothing was better than him and Berman on Prime Time. I definitely miss Jackson, the guy knew and loved to talk about football.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
30 years on air is very impressive. He deserves all the time off he can get. I hope it's not heath related, because it does seem odd to me that he wouldn't finish the last season with Berman, and they both retire together. As much as people may hate Berman, the 2 together complimented each other very well and created an entertaining post game show, that was nearly as exciting as watching the games!

In an era before NFL Red Zone, this was the only way to get the highlights, stats, and stories from ALL of the games on Sunday. I will sorely miss this team, even though I haven't watched ESPN in a decade outside of an actual sporting event.