• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So now Bell is questioning our practices

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I don't have a link, saw it on twitter, but Bell said he thinks we need to practice better, that even in practice we have dumb mistakes like this.
Let me guess this is all Ben's fault to and Tomlin has no responsibility for this either?

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Per Ray Fittipaldo who covers the Steelers for the post gazette

strat68

Reaction score
Jim Wexell tweeted something about 2 poor practices last week in, I believe, reference to Ben's play on Sunday.

diver

Reaction score
Now wait a minute. The idiot QB the other week said they practice too hard. How do you fix it if you can't practice hard?

Have you noticed that when the idiot QB said that they were 4-1. Since then they have gone 0-3.

Look, man, Tomlin stinks right now, no question. But they have some of the dumbest players in the league, I think.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Now wait a minute. The idiot QB the other week said they practice too hard. How do you fix it if you can't practice hard?

Have you noticed that when the idiot QB said that they were 4-1. Since then they have gone 0-3.

Look, man, Tomlin stinks right now, no question. But they have some of the dumbest players in the league, I think.

they are responsible for who is on their roster too.

However you flip it, head coaching fail.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I have posted quotes from both Ben and Harrison saying prep and practice are not the problem. Those were ignored. Now Bell says they had a couple of bad practices and everyone chimes in. Bad practices happen under every coach in the history of football. Sometimes I truly wish the Steelers let the man go so we can be done with this nonsense.

steelhurt

Reaction score
I don't have a link, saw it on twitter, but Bell said he thinks we need to practice better, that even in practice we have dumb mistakes like this.
Let me guess this is all Ben's fault to and Tomlin has no responsibility for this either?

Sounds like the rats are starting to desert the ship. Signs of HC starting to lose his team I would say.

steelhurt

Reaction score
We all do too. That is let the so called head coach go.

Last edited:

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
This team is in a free fall - no focus, players making public statements that should be kept in the locker room, and a coach that is nothing more than a spectator with a great seat.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
A part of this, he should question his peers who voted for the current CBA.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Ramon Foster on if preparation is an issue:
"It's not the preparation, it's the execution of what you prepped for. We just have to be better pros in that aspect. We just have to be better. We have to be pros about it. It's making sure you are on top of your job. We have to be the best team in that stadium, at least give the best effort. We have to be on all of the time. There can't be an off button. That's how we have to move forward the rest of the season."

http://m.steelers.com/s/30890/134?itemPos=4

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say this is s pretty clear indication that Mr Tomlin has lost the locker room. One player says one thing and another contradicts him, nobody is on the same page. The fact that they make errors isn't an indicator of bad prep but the consistently making the same mistakes is.

Last edited:

Spike

Reaction score
I don't have a link

Le'Veon Bell on the penalties and overall sloppy play: “I think we have to practice better. Even at practice we have mistakes like that."

https://twitter.com/rayfitt1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Le’Veon Bell shines light on more practice issues surrounding the Steelers

“You play the way you practice.”

Doesn’t matter the sport, and likely doesn’t even matter the level of play, coaches could be heard telling their players these words of wisdom for decades. To be honest, there is certainly some credence to the rule, and largely why it has stuck around so long.

Football players used to be told to head butt walls, and ram into each other to “toughen up”. Those have since gone by the way side due to the many throngs of doctors, parents and players who have all realized this practice is not conducive to anything productive.

Nonetheless, “You play the way you practice” has lasted the test of time, and this very basic philosophy could also be one of the guiding lights to why the Pittsburgh Steelers have been so consistently bad over the last month of football.

Le'Veon Bell on the penalties and overall sloppy play: “I think we have to practice better. Even at practice we have mistakes like that."

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...rrounding-the-steelers-pittsburgh-mike-tomlin

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I have been saying the lack of leadership on this team is an issue, and it's with both the head coach and some of the key players.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Ramon Foster on if preparation is an issue:
"It's not the preparation, it's the execution of what you prepped for. We just have to be better pros in that aspect. We just have to be better. We have to be pros about it. It's making sure you are on top of your job. We have to be the best team in that stadium, at least give the best effort. We have to be on all of the time. There can't be an off button. That's how we have to move forward the rest of the season."

http://m.steelers.com/s/30890/134?itemPos=4
b

This coming from a guy that was crying that a player trying to make the squad in the middle of the season (Geathers) was practicing too hard against him. Rich, very rich.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure, execution is key but if you are not practicing/prepping at 100%, you will not execute at 100%. It just doesn't happen that way. You have to practice how you want and expect to play.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Just because a practice is physical doesn't mean it's crisp, what Ben and Bell said are two totally different things. We've had what, 30 penalties in the past 3 games?

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
The fact that they make errors isn't an indicator of bad prep but the consistently making the same mistakes is.

Very well stated sir. These are the words I've been looking for but haven't been able to find.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Just because a practice is physical doesn't mean it's crisp, what Ben and Bell said are two totally different things. We've had what, 30 penalties in the past 3 games?

Not that quote I was referring too. I was referring to this which came out after the first one

Ben Roethlisberger came to Mike Tomlin's defense this week, as Pittsburgh's coach has come under some media scrutiny after consecutive losses to the Dolphins and Patriots.

Speaking on 93.7 "The Fan" in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, Big Ben stood up for his coach, shortly after the team's 27-16 loss to New England that dropped the Steelers to 4-3 heading into their bye week. Specifically, Roethlisberger defended Tomlin's 5-11 record in their past 16 game against losing teams on the road.

“I think maybe people play up to us,” Ben said while saying that he doesn't think that the team plays down to it's competition. “I don’t know. I know that there is a bad record there. I can’t say it’s his [Mike Tomlin’s] record, because I’ve probably played in a lot of those games. Our record is not good and it’s frustrating. I don’t know if there is any particular reason, if there was, I think we would get it fixed. We need to play as well as we can no matter who we’re playing.

Last edited:

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
That's what leaders do, Ben always takes blame and puts it on himself.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results is the definition of insanity. If you don't train to win you are NOT going to win. The physicality of practice MUST equal or expand across what the opponents are doing. If NOT, then you won't win the physical part of the game. The mental part is more on the coaching preparation of the player. OUR players appear to be out coached consistently. Weather it's taking a team lightly or looking past an opponent, that is all in coaching. It starts at the top and filters it's way down to the players. Because you think you are going to beat someone doesn't translate into actually beating that said ONE. If our players aren't smart enough or don't want to put in the work, get new players but that is a coaching decision. It all starts at the top.

Salute the nation

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
And now Ben just said the same thing about the practices.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Hold the phone. Bell, a player who has been suspended twice in a short career is calling Tomlin out for the practices?

WOW. Just WOW. The rest of the players are smart enough not to comment here, but if some stand with Bell in private, Tomlin has lost the respect of his team. Maybe even control of it.

At the very least we have a media distraction. The thing is, I suspect Bell is right, even though he's a moron for tweeting it.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score