• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rush Limbaugh passes away at age 70

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Made himself wealthy by spreading hate. Probably caused more damage to United States than any citizen before him or maybe even after.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Was never a fan of his show...

But he seemed to genuinely care about God, Family, Country...

May his soul rest in peace..

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Made himself wealthy by spreading hate.

Compared to you, who made himself poor by spreading stupidity.

Oh, and why don't you cite at least five "hateful" things Rush said? Go ahead, we'll wait. Just like Justin waits for your ilk to FIND THE ******* CONTRIBUTION TAB.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Compared to you, who made himself poor by spreading stupidity.

Oh, and why don't you cite at least five "hateful" things Rush said? Go ahead, we'll wait. Just like Justin waits for your ilk to FIND THE ******* CONTRIBUTION TAB.
For someone that has claimed to be a writer, he, she, it, never seems to provide much in the way of detailed information.

diver

Reaction score
People respond to things in one of two ways, emotionally or intellectually. Rush responded to things intellectually, which is a big reason they could never get him off of the air, because at the end of the day he was usually right.

He was never understood by the left, either. They didn't want to. He didn't put thoughts into people's minds. People had those thoughts...he just articulated them better. Organized those thoughts.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Made himself wealthy by spreading hate. Probably caused more damage to United States than any citizen before him or maybe even after.

Hate?

Don’t you mean exposing leftist nonsense and refusing to except communism, and demonstrating the absurdity of leftists by being absurd.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

This is a good synopsis of what Rush was all about

Rolling Stone is absolutely worthless garbage. I have read more fact-based and informative articles in high school newspapers.

You obviously didn't read the article. The article does not cite a single example to support any claim of Limbaugh being racist, sexist, etc. Literally not one. Oh, it points to Limbaugh parodying an LA Times article that described Barry the Saint as a "Obama the magic negro."

The title is not the brainchild of Shanklin or Limbaugh, however. It’s a response to David Ehrenstein‘s March 19 column for the LA Times, “Obama the ‘Magic Negro.'”

Limbaugh, via Shanklin, suggested that [Sharpton], a longtime public figure with a criminal past and presidential aspirations, was inarticulate. That’s neither beyond the pale nor even untrue.

The central points of the “Magic Negro” parody are: 1) Sharpton is much less articulate than Obama; 2) Obama’s adopting the patois of old time black preachers during his speech at Selma was somewhat amusing; and 3) The Sharptons of the world resent that Obama is being taken so seriously as a presidential candidate when they were not, even though they’ve been active leaders in the community for much longer.

So Limbaugh is "racist" for mocking the LA Times' slavish butt-licking of Barry the Saint, who turned out to be a horrible President, an appeaser, who oversaw a pathetic, stagnant economy, the shipment of millions of manufacturing jobs to China, horrible trade deals, other nations raping the United States for protection at our expense? And because he made a parody song using Al Sharpton as the foil? Oh **** off.

Yeah, sure. To summarize how stupid the article is, let me cite its impassioned indictment of Limbaugh:

But Democrats weren’t merely “weaponizing” the virus to steal an election; as Limbaugh explained, in a plot that became more far-flung and elaborate as the election drew closer, they were doing nothing less than executing a deep-state coup, in plain sight.

Joe Biden is a placeholder,” Limbaugh had decided by summer. “Joe Biden is suffering from old-age mental deficiencies that are going to make it impossible for him to carry out presidential duties daily. Now, he’ll appear to be president, but he’s not going to be. Whoever is behind Biden is anonymous. They’re running, but not running. They’re campaigning, but not campaigning. They don’t have to raise any money. They don’t have to tell you who they are. They don’t have to say what their agenda is.”

Only an absolute moron would doubt the accuracy of that statement. Biden is a blithering dementia patient. Cumala fields phone calls from world leaders; Beijing Joe fills his adult diapers and eats pudding.

What an absolute garbage article. Does show how stupid leftists are. They are so dumb as to believe Beijing Joe matters, and that the 2020 election was legitimate, no doubt, no fraud here, no siree.

Only the dumbest of the dumb, the laziest of the stupid class, the least intelligent and most gullible, would ever care what the untalented hack liars at Rolling Stone had to say. Which says a lot about you and nothing about Rush Limbaugh.

So try again, freeloader.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
f I were president-elect of the country, it’s the last thing I would say. Even if I believed it, I doubt that I would put it this way. But I don’t believe this anyway. Our darkest days are ahead of us? What a bleak way of looking at things. … We Americans have adapted to our problems. … Our freedom has allowed our adaptability. If disaster is coming our way, we don’t just sit there and endure it. We come up with ways to avoid it, to beat it back, to overcome it, but we don’t just sit there and accept it. And, as such, we don’t just resign ourselves to the fact that they’re living in the darkest days because we, at least to this point, still have the greatest degree of freedom of any people on earth. Now, it’s under assault and under attack and we all know this. But I don’t believe our darkest days are ahead of us. I never have. People have been asking, “You’ve always told us you’d tell us when it’s time to panic. Is it time?” It’s never time to panic, folks. It’s never, ever gonna be time to give up on our country. It will never be time to give up on the United States. It will never be time to give up on yourself. Trust me.

-Rush Limbaugh

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Rush Limbaugh was a one of a kind talent with rare instincts for politics and the ability to explain the not so obvious in basic terms. Also one heck of a broadcaster. I keep hearing how good of a guy he was off air. RIP.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score

This is a good synopsis of what Rush was all about
Typical Liberal mindset: "you asked me to provide facts to back up my hate speech, and I can't, so here is an article that you can read with more hate speech because I'm uninformed, lazy and easily manipulated.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I listened to Rush from time to time, when the opportunity presented itself I guess. His show wasn't bad. Better than Hannity. Hannity sounds like an idiot, with his stupid nicknames for everyone on the left. The only show I like to listen to anymore is Andrew Wilkow. Guy is fantastic.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I listened to Rush from time to time, when the opportunity presented itself I guess. His show wasn't bad. Better than Hannity. Hannity sounds like an idiot, with his stupid nicknames for everyone on the left. The only show I like to listen to anymore is Andrew Wilkow. Guy is fantastic.
Tony Katz is pretty good. I’ve met him a few times at one of the cigar bars here.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
This is BADASS

Rush Limbaugh’s Death Certificate Says ‘Greatest Radio Host Of All Time’

The death certificate of beloved late conservative radio show host Rush Limbaugh has been made public. It was acquired by TMZ over the weekend, which revealed that the occupation section of the document describes Limbaugh as “GREATEST RADIO HOST OF ALL TIME.”

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A very brief synopsis of the debate (intellectual beating) between me and 21.

21: Limbaugh was a racist.

Me: Post something racist Limbaugh said or did.

21: Here's a Rolling Kidney Stone article about Rush and his tongue-in-cheek song, "Barack the Magic Negro."

Me: That song mocks an LA Times writer who referred to Obama as a "Magic Negro." Article does NOT quote a single racist comment by Limbaugh.

Me: After no response by 21. "21, do you have anything of substance to support your claim?"

21:

A1xE.gif

Liberals ... here only to entertain us with their bottomless stupidity and moronic "white supremacist" conspiracy theories.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Me: Post something racist Limbaugh said or did.

It's funny to run into a handful of people who truly don't (can't?) accept the fact Limbaugh was widely known for his racism, misogyny and homophobia. It seems many of you actually worshipped the man, perfectly in line with the general m.o. of this board.

Above all else, Limbaugh’s legacy will forever be his shameless racism.

- saying Obama only got elected because he's black
- actively fueled Obama birther conspiracies
- aired “Barack, the Magic Negro," a racist parody song
- told a Black woman caller to “take that bone out of your nose and call me back”
- asked his listeners, “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”
- on Donovan McNabb: “I think the media has been very desirous that a Black quarterback do well. They’re interested in Black coaches and Black quarterbacks doing well. McNabb got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.”
- on NBA players: "I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."

To quote the Independant: "(Limbaugh) upheld the tenets of white supremacy, bigotry, and sexism. To pretend otherwise would be cowardly and morally wrong."

Cowardly and morally wrong. Fitting description of Limbaugh fanboys trying to sugarcoat his blatant racism after his passing.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
- saying Obama only got elected because he's black
How is that racism? By the by, it's a statement of fact as the guy was unqualified and a terrible President. Nope.

- actively fueled Obama birther conspiracies
Again, how is that racism? Obama claimed to be from Kenya when he applied to schools. Again, nope.

- aired “Barack, the Magic Negro," a racist parody song
Already debunked.

- told a Black woman caller to “take that bone out of your nose and call me back”
False. It was a male caller in the early 1970's and he could not understand the guy despite several efforts. The caller was unable to enunciate at all and Limbaugh said, "take the bone out of your nose and call me back" due to the guy's inability to speak. It was a radio call-in, not a Zoom teleconference in the early 1970's, so you are the racist in presuming a caller who could not enunciate was black. Limbaugh said he was out of line for the statement, since he was admittedly rude to a caller. To date, there is literally no evidence as to the race of the caller.

- asked his listeners, “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”
Again, how is this racist? Because a lot of "wanted" posters show black criminals?

- on Donovan McNabb: “I think the media has been very desirous that a Black quarterback do well. They’re interested in Black coaches and Black quarterbacks doing well. McNabb got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.”
Again, not racist. Since you are so ill-informed and ignorant, I will define racism for you. Racism, according to Merriam Webster, is "a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race." Limbaugh did none of the above in correctly pointing out that a lot of Americans root for people in sports based on race, including those rooting for black coaches and QB's.

- on NBA players: "I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."

He made the statement after five players went into the stands and fought with fans.

Why is that racist? You are the racist associating blacks with gangs and thuggish behavior. Limbaugh made no reference to color - you and your race-obsessed ilk did that. He simply observed that a sport where the players go into the stands and fight with fans is ****** up. So remove your racist goggles for a second, find a mirror, look into it, and locate the bloviating, execrable racist.

To quote the Independant: "(Limbaugh) upheld the tenets of white supremacy, bigotry, and sexism. To pretend otherwise would be cowardly and morally wrong."
Assuming the point. "Tibs likes ******* goats and children. To pretend otherwise would be cowardly and morally wrong."

Cowardly and morally wrong. Fitting description of Limbaugh fanboys trying to sugarcoat his blatant racism after his passing.

You lose the debate because you are stupid and too lazy to actually research your claims. The only blatant racism in this thread is from you, assuming that only blacks cannot articulate, cannot speak clearly, are thuggish, in gangs, get into fights, etc.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Bang up job steeltime, to defend the indefensible. Way to go. (y)

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
Tibs the communist **** fails AGAIN!

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
Time for your meds yet, or is that later in the day?
That’s all you got you communist shitbird?
Steeltime dismantled you point by point and your comeback is that lame ****?

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
That’s all you got you communist shitbird?
Steeltime dismantled you point by point and your comeback is that lame ****?
Steeltime would try to convince you the friggin' 1940's German Nazi party and the Ku Klux Klan aren't racist either, and you'd nod along and gobble it up. :ROFLMAO:

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
Steeltime would try to convince you the friggin' 1940's German Nazi party and the Ku Klux Klan aren't racist either, and you'd nod along and gobble it up. :ROFLMAO:
there you go again making **** up and calling anyone that won’t accept communism a Nazi/Racist/Bigot. Tibs you miserable commie **** I do believe you’d rather climb a tree and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
there you go again making **** up and calling anyone that won’t accept communism a Nazi/Racist/Bigot. Tibs you miserable commie **** I do believe you’d rather climb a tree and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth.
Point out a single, and I mean a single, post of mine ever on this board espousing communism in any shape or form. Either do that, or kindly shut the **** up, you slobbering lunatic. Thanks. (y)