• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
And we get the 3-0 shutout on the craps. Life is good! Did Rust drink some special Mario juice? Man his skills are elite. The depth on this team is great! Sid logged 19:07 in ice time and didn't have a single shot on goal. It seems like everyone on this team can score.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
And we get the 3-0 shutout on the craps. Life is good! Did Rust drink some special Mario juice? Man his skills are elite. The depth on this team is great! Sid logged 19:07 in ice time and didn't have a single shot on goal. It seems like everyone on this team can score.
Seeing Rust shrug Orlov off on that 2nd goal was beautiful

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Great game!!! Way to go Jarry..

Loved seeing Lafferty giving Wilson the business.
If Lafferty can get lower on his hits, the dude would lay some people out. Wilson bear hugged him from behind

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I'm not exactly sure what happened but did you see that exchange down near our goal where Sid upended I think it was Eller after they cleared the puck. Not sure if it was legal but I liked it.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what happened but did you see that exchange down near our goal where Sid upended I think it was Eller after they cleared the puck. Not sure if it was legal but I liked it.
Sid got away with it. He upended Raffl. I’ll take it for the amount of cheap hits they deliver

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Great accomplishment by Rust to have two unassisted goals. Has only been done 5 times by the Pens since Mario did it in the late 80's. Not sure if Sid was on that list.

Coach Mike had some really good words for Rust in his PC.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Didn’t get to see the game tonight as I was busy and had a full day that started at about 7:15 this morning and ended about 30 minutes ago. Glad to see them not only win, but pull a shutout. 6-2 against the Caps this season. I’ll take that.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope that we don't play down to the remaining teams.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Great accomplishment by Rust to have two unassisted goals. Has only been done 5 times by the Pens since Mario did it in the late 80's. Not sure if Sid was on that list.

Coach Mike had some really good words for Rust in his PC.
Rust is very underrated. The guy tore it up when the Pens won in it 2016.
Helluva pick. Gotta hand it to the Pens scouts for that one. I think Rust and Guentzel actually are Shero grabs

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

I didn't get to see the game only certain plays. I just see that Sid is a good team captain willing to do the dirty work. This is the second game he took zero shots in this year. Well, since I started paying attention to it. That's a "Whatever It Takes" attitude. I really like this years team. I like the contributions from all of the lines. Playing like this gives them a legitimate shot to have their names etched on that big silver cup again. They're playing smart. If Geno comes back playing like this we're in a great spot. And Tanev I have no concern over.

Great chemistry this season that didn't get train wrecked like a few years ago by trades

Vader

Reaction score
My only concern is the goaltending and overpassing. If Jarry can play like he did last night that will go along way to making a long playoff run. Now just shoot the puck and stop trying to make the perfect play and we'll be golden.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What happened to the Flyers? I remember they started off strong right?

I see this as a dangerous game tonight with them headhunting more so than usual. They have nothing to lose and if they knock out a couple of our guys, it will fire up their fans for next year.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
What happened to the Flyers? I remember they started off strong right?

I see this as a dangerous game tonight with them headhunting more so than usual. They have nothing to lose and if they knock out a couple of our guys, it will fire up their fans for next year.
These flyers are not bullies like years prior.

The Pens are playing horrible though

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
They showed something that shift
How’s it gone since? They are in danger of getting run out of the damn building by a team that just lost 3 of 4 to the Devils.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Flyers making it look easy. Pens aren’t skating. They aren’t doing much, really.