• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
It will NEVER change. Penguins will never beat the Bruins consistently yet alone in a playoff series. As many including myself has said since December, Islanders in 1st round, Caps second choice as that has been a better matchup. B’s sweep or beat Pens in 5 at any point if they play

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Upping the physicality usually doesn't work out well for the good guys.

Only Blueger upped the physical game. The rest of the team did not respond.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It will NEVER change. Penguins will never beat the Bruins consistently yet alone in a playoff series. As many including myself has said since December, Islanders in 1st round, Caps second choice as that has been a better matchup. B’s sweep or beat Pens in 5 at any point if they play
It will never change as long as we refuse to be a punishing team. When the Bs turned on the physical, the game turned. Same old song.

Watch how the Caps beat us. They play dirty and physical, and we can't respond. These next four games are very telling, IMO.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
It will never change as long as we refuse to be a punishing team. When the Bs turned on the physical, the game turned. Same old song.

Watch how the Caps beat us. They play dirty and physical, and we can't respond. These next four games are very telling, IMO.
While the Caps are physical, the Pens can skate around and past them if they play smart and don't try going toe to toe with them.

The Bs are physical and fast and I think that's the Pens kryptonite.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I meant when the other team ups their physicality. We don't really have any. Good on Teddy to stand up to them but he looked like a grade schooler brawling with a street fighter.
OK, but the Bs player ended up bloody and Blueger did not.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
OK, but the Bs player ended up bloody and Blueger did not.
I didn't see him land a punch. I saw Blue land a couple wicked shots to his hip pads. Maybe he smashed his face on the ice.

Just don't want to see our talented guys break their hand like ZAR did a few years ago when we should have other guys like the Zohon to rough up the other teams.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't see him land a punch. I saw Blue land a couple wicked shots to his hip pads. Maybe he smashed his face on the ice.

Just don't want to see our talented guys break their hand like ZAR did a few years ago when we should have other guys like the Zohon to rough up the other teams.

Agreed. But, we don't have a goon, or even a Wilson, so we do what we can.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Upping the physicality usually doesn't work out well for the good guys.
I take blame for tuning in. Caps on Thursday.
I’m expecting a chippy game and someone actually stepping up to Wilson this time. MTC predicts

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't see many quality chances in that first period. Plenty of passing though. Hoping they get more shots on goal and can park someone near the goal to pitch in a rebound.
The Pens can skate, the quality chances is what sucked tonight. Oh well.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
The lazy Russian has been a full participate in practice and will be traveling with the team to Washington. I just hope he doesn’t **** up the team chemistry. Prefer Tanev back at this point.

Malkin’s ego probably will not allow him to start on the lower line like Kap did to get legs back. Maybe they move Carter to wing with Blue and Zar or McCann?

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The lazy Russian has been a full participate in practice and will be traveling with the team to Washington. I just hope he doesn’t **** up the team chemistry. Prefer Tanev back at this point.

Malkin’s ego probably will not allow him to start on the lower line like Kap did to get legs back. Maybe they move Carter to wing with Blue and Zar or McCann?
Lazy russian better be playmaking russian. When he shows up, he’s a force.
He’s getting soft of late.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Malkin, when playing within the system like we saw before his injury, can still be a huge contributor to this team and make a difference. Free wheeling, try to do it all yourself Malkin is a turn over, mistake prone gaffe of a hockey player that shouldn't be on the ice. I'm hoping for the former.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Caps / Pens are good games

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting that the Washington Caps are advertising a Chinese company on the boards. Rock the Red! Also see World Wide Technology,,,How appropriate. Sorry wrong forum.:confused:

Last edited:

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
This game never gets to OT if Rust just buries the EN. No, gotta prove how unselfish you are. Just get the damn win. That kinda stuff gonna cost them at some point. They dodged a bullet tonight.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Agree with Sarge. Pens gotta bury it when presented. Will take the W. 15 straight post season appearances. Not bad for Sid/Geno/Letang.

The caps do rock the red lol. Hathaway is punk.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
And the Pens have secured a playoff spot this evening. I really thought early in the season this may be the year things head south. Glad I was wrong. How far they go in the playoffs all depends on good goal tending and the teams commitment to defense. I sure hope Geno can bring his A game the rest of the season. He should certainly be fresh. That means don't do bonehead lazy things.