• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
What did I miss? Damn nhln blacks me out.
Improvements?
Sloppy?
There's a guy in our chat room who has the best links for games. He's registered here, but rarely posts.

Reactions: MTC

Vader

Reaction score
Great all around game. In today's NHL it tough to get a shutout. Defense was solid and DeSmith made the saves. I'm just glad they aren't always playing from behind in every game.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Good to know they are seemingly consistent of late. I was able to watch the last game.

But the center ice package blacks me out on nhln or espn+ broadcast

str8liner

Reaction score
Well we will see if they can get over the hump against the Bruins tonight. The B's always seem to have thier number.

Vader

Reaction score
Good game so far. 2-1 Pens mid 2nd. Gave up way too many shots in the 1st but Jarry held his own.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Wow. Fun game to watch/listen to. Has the feel of a playoff game.

I'm watching the TV feed but listening to the game on 105.9. Sure miss listening to Mike but it's a lot of fun listening to the old 29er. He calls it like he sees it whereas the TV crew seems to gloss over ****** play. They'll embellish the beautiful passes to set up a shot on goal that sails into the seats and pay no mind of how bad a shot it was where Phil will harp on the bad shot as he should and not say much about the passes. He seems to pay a lot more attention to the end result which I appreciate.

It was fn hilarious just before that last power play and the Pens had just gone up 3-1. He said "now's the time to kick them in the throat and make them pay.". That's awesome. No way you can say that on TV.

Let's go Pens and send the crowd home psyched up.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
We are playing a very good game in the fundamentals.

Jarry is down-right amazing.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Been impressed with the bottom lines.
They are fast and squeeze through.

Crosby’s angled shot on the 2nd goal was nice.

And Jarry comes in clutch while I type this

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
That was a good game. Kinda took their foot off the gas in the 3rd, but defensively that was as good as they’ve looked all year. Lots of blocked shots, sticks in lanes, aggressive play limiting time and space. Strong performance.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
So they're setting the bar on the season how they should play and now we know they're capable.

Jarry has just been badass as of late. He's showing a lot too.

Keep on, keeping on. The Bruins will probably lay it all out tomorrow to get a W.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Very enjoyable game. Even when they went down 1-0, I was not worried. They kept coming and going after the Bs. The Bs are no slouches. They are a tough, good team that gets under your skin. I expect a balls out performance from them tomorrow night. They have been sliding and can't lose more ground to the Pens. I know the boys will be ready, but have a feeling we will see the Bs best..

When Geno is confident, watch out. He's been very good. He deserves a lot of praise, as does Jarry. The team is playing so well. I really have no complaints all the way around. I was expecting a letdown coming off an easy series against a terrible Sabres team B2B, but they kept it rolling along. Keep it up! I have nothing else.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I think an unsung hero this year has been Tanev. That's one scrappy as hell player. Glad he's on our team. Was really glad to see him back on the ice after he took that puck shot to the arm/wrist and went directly to the tunnel.

Thinking of getting his jersey which means he'd be traded in the GMJR, days, but hopefully not with the new administration.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Totally agree on Tanev. He has so much tenacity. I told Mrs. Fan that #13 was her next jersey.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I think an unsung hero this year has been Tanev. That's one scrappy as hell player. Glad he's on our team. Was really glad to see him back on the ice after he took that puck shot to the arm/wrist and went directly to the tunnel.

Thinking of getting his jersey which means he'd be traded in the GMJR, days, but hopefully not with the new administration.
I think you are good with Tanev. He signed a 6-year deal and not going anywhere soon. He'd be a great choice for the next jersey. Gritty, in your face, disruptive. A great Penguin!

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Once again....I will take the "W"..

But if they play like that tonite....they will lose..

Jarry won that game...again..

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score

They were strong in the 1st and 2nd, seemed to sit back in the 3rd. Their next to last PP in the 3rd was an abomination. They gave up four shorthanded chances that included a breakaway and two 2-on-1's. That could have been a disaster. Not sure what the strategy was in the 3rd, but I hope they don't do that on the regular.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
They were strong in the 1st and 2nd, seemed to sit back in the 3rd. Their next to last PP in the 3rd was an abomination. They gave up four shorthanded chances that included a breakaway and two 2-on-1's. That could have been a disaster. Not sure what the strategy was in the 3rd, but I hope they don't do that on the regular.
yes, that PP was pitful, but I think they they tried to hard not to give the Bruins anything, but did it anyway. They are lucky Jarry didn't go into MM mode and let in a junk goal while on the PP and give them momentum. They need to be smarter in the offensive zone not to get caught going the other way.

Last edited:

str8liner

Reaction score

Tonight is another one of those "backs against the wall" games like they have lost a few times this year.

The Bruins are in full fledged panic mode now and sinking fast.

I agree play like they did last night and they will lose.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
That was not a major penalty. Clean hockey hit.
Tanev brought the heat there

Reactions: JMM