• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 23-24

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, the Pens did a great job in getting Le Gros Vache and Sid, both generational talents identified as similar in potential to Greztky, AND turned that into multiple Stanleys even with ownership crises.

While it's hard to like where they are today, they have been historically better than any franchise for the past couple generations.

I mean, they are not the Maple Loafs or the Seabreeze.......
Good franchises rebound from bad years.
The Pens have always had some down years and do a complete turn around.

The skillset of prospects today with the advancement of training. I don’t see them dropping off drastically. It’ll be hard to replicate Sid. But the franchise has a presence

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, so much for this hockey season. I'm not sure who I can root for in the playoffs.
Don’t have a horse in the race. But the caps/rags.

I want to see if Tom Wilson will drop them with Matt Rempe. I think Rempe will humble Wilson

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll mail it in this evening or go out with everything they've got?

It will show character going all out for one game.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing I want is for the Bs to crash and burn again.

I usually pick the underdogs if I don't care about anyone winning.

I won't be watching on purpose. Mrs. Fan loves hockey, so I may watch because she is.

Last edited:

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Playoff Hockey is the best hockey. I'll be rooting for Jake here on out. Good Season boys! At least you figured out the game plan moving forward. Wish the Pens weren't saddled with the Graves contract, that really hurts.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
What did they do?
Did the goalie do an “oops” I missed it on his goal?
The Isles players lined up to shake his hand and say so long. They also gave him the third star. The entire Pens bench stuck around to see him go out on the ice one last time and the crowd gave him a good round of applause. He had his family there too.

str8liner

Reaction score
Good franchises rebound from bad years.
The Pens have always had some down years and do a complete turn around.

The skillset of prospects today with the advancement of training. I don’t see them dropping off drastically. It’ll be hard to replicate Sid. But the franchise has a presence

Bad year is one thing...But they completely blown being in the playoffs the last 2 years that would have kept the streak alive.

Too much dead weight on the team now that only plays hard when they absolutely have to.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Bad year is one thing...But they completely blown being in the playoffs the last 2 years that would have kept the streak alive.

Too much dead weight on the team now that only plays hard when they absolutely have to.
Such is life

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw an ad for playoff hockey. Made me mad.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
The Karlsson trade didn't work, unfortunately.
A lot of things didn’t work. This was a much different team than the previous season, but the result was the same. They have to get younger, bigger and faster. Too many “win now” years, and there is nothing in WBS to call up to make a difference. There are some lean years coming. Gotta rebuild the farm system and the big club. Gonna take a while. Sid can’t carry all the dead weight anymore.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of things didn’t work. This was a much different team than the previous season, but the result was the same. They have to get younger, bigger and faster. Too many “win now” years, and there is nothing in WBS to call up to make a difference. There are some lean years coming. Gotta rebuild the farm system and the big club. Gonna take a while. Sid can’t carry all the dead weight anymore.
They haven't really done anything in 7 years. They've just done less the past two years. I still enjoy watching the team do what it can but we're all pretty much riding on past glory. It'll really suck when they don't get into the playoffs with a bunch of no names.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
They haven't really done anything in 7 years. They've just done less the past two years. I still enjoy watching the team do what it can but we're all pretty much riding on past glory. It'll really suck when they don't get into the playoffs with a bunch of no names.
That had a good shot at a third cup in a row and the GM trashed that. It's been a steady decline since then.

Steelmann

Reaction score
The only thing I want is for the Bs to crash and burn again.

I usually pick the underdogs if I don't care about anyone winning.

I won't be watching on purpose. Mrs. Fan loves hockey, so I may watch because she is.
Best time of the year. Best sport of all for playoff,and I think the hardest championship to win.
Sucks your team isn’t in,some of the games yesterday were great. You should have heard the Canuck fans yesterday during the introduction and opening minutes. There hasn’t been a home playoff game for 9 years. Many players said they got choked up,very emotional. It was crazy. 4 games on today. Hockey heaven.

I hardly watch regular season. The season is too long. They could easily knock 20 games off the schedule. Hockey in June is Bull ****. That being said…I love playoff hockey. Come on over and watch the Canucks play….old Penguin connections here.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Come on over and watch the Canucks play….old Penguin connections here.
The whole league is full of former Pens. I might watch. It's turkey season, and I am running a fund raising banquet for the National Wild Turkey Federation for May 4. Kind of busy.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Watched the Craps and Rags yesterday. Caps played a pretty scrappy game, but once the Rangers got rolling it was pretty much a wrap. Still I think the Caps can steal a game or two and make it semi-interesting.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Watched the Craps and Rags yesterday. Caps played a pretty scrappy game, but once the Rangers got rolling it was pretty much a wrap. Still I think the Caps can steal a game or two and make it semi-interesting.
I tuned in also. Sort of like watching NASCAR and waiting for a wreck. I noticed that Ovechkin looks like a dottering old man out there and gets totally gassed in no time. At the end he had a chance to tie it up but fumbled the centering pass. Like his reaction time was a few seconds off. Not sure if he even saw it.

I'm waiting for Rempe to plant Wilson and or Dowd. Oshie was up to his china doll **** again. Gets hit and heads off like he's on the way to the ER. Comes back a couple minutes later.

Don't think the Caps have much hope but they might win a game at home.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I tuned in also. Sort of like watching NASCAR and waiting for a wreck. I noticed that Ovechkin looks like a dottering old man out there and gets totally gassed in no time. At the end he had a chance to tie it up but fumbled the centering pass. Like his reaction time was a few seconds off. Not sure if he even saw it.

I'm waiting for Rempe to plant Wilson and or Dowd. Oshie was up to his china doll **** again. Gets hit and heads off like he's on the way to the ER. Comes back a couple minutes later.

Don't think the Caps have much hope but they might win a game at home.
I’m waiting for Rempe and Wilson to go at it. Seems like Wilson goes after the other guys.

Oshie is still a *****.

Ovie, dude was great in his prime. He relied on size a lot. He cannot make those hits anymore. He’s good for that for games sprinkled throughout the season, but a playoff series against younger bucks. Nope. Another noticeable factor. He’s out on the full 2 minutes of a powerplay

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m waiting for Rempe and Wilson to go at it. Seems like Wilson goes after the other guys.

Oshie is still a *****.

Ovie, dude was great in his prime. He relied on size a lot. He cannot make those hits anymore. He’s good for that for games sprinkled throughout the season, but a playoff series against younger bucks. Nope. Another noticeable factor. He’s out on the full 2 minutes of a powerplay
He's out for the full 2 minutes but stands in the same spot pretty much. He gets gassed just standing now. Poor old guy. I wonder if he knows the president.