• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 23-24

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's kick this season off the right way - with it's own thread.

I am as excited for the Pens as I am for the Steelers. Both teams made significant moves, and it's not unreasonable to hope that they pay off. Definitely in a "win now" mode in Pittsburgh.

pens moves in offseason.jpg

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Sucks about Zucker. That one and Tanev will haunt us.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
All the changes give us some hope. Excited to see the new look but the 800lb gorilla with this teams success is in the net.
Agreed. Better defense looks to be in front of that net now. Maybe when they realized they couldn't upgrade the goalie, they decided to upgrade the defense in front of the goalie.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Agreed. Better defense looks to be in front of that net now. Maybe when they realized they couldn't upgrade the goalie, they decided to upgrade the defense in front of the goalie.
Hopefully they have a few guys who, when things get chippy out there and the other team targets Sid or Malkin then there's going to be some retribution. There's still an unpaid debt from the Rangers playoff game a couple years ago that's still open.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully they have a few guys who, when things get chippy out there and the other team targets Sid or Malkin then there's going to be some retribution. There's still an unpaid debt from the Rangers playoff game a couple years ago that's still open.
It truly bugs me that we don't hit back. Cutting Reaves was stupid.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Especially since he was brought in by Rutherford to deal with that.

It's Sullivans stubbornness to "play the right way."
It might have come from above too. Will be interesting to see how new ownership takes to it's stars getting constantly targeted with no pushback.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, that game tonight sucked. We were just outplayed.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
So glad the season is starting. I hope it's better than the Steelers.

Last preseason game tonight on NHL network. Up 5-3 after 2 periods.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Watched the game tonight. That PP is going to be sick. Top unit was Sid, Geno, Rackell, Karlsson and Letang. 2-3 tonight, and they made the two they scored look easy.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Watched the game tonight. That PP is going to be sick. Top unit was Sid, Geno, Rackell, Karlsson and Letang. 2-3 tonight, and they made the two they scored look easy.
Glad to hear it. I was hunting, so I missed it. We have a good team. We can do this.

Reactions: JMM

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score

• Love
Reactions: JMM

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to hear it. I was hunting, so I missed it. We have a good team. We can do this.
Both PP goals were scored in the first 30 seconds of the PP. The first PP goal took about 10 seconds.

The fight in your video changed the game. The Pens were down 2-1. Letang took a hit and Sid held the guy accountable. The team never looked back after that, out scoring Buffalo 6-2 from that point on.

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
Game on tonightat 8pm on ESPN.
I can’t wait to see the new lineup.
Chicago is playing rookie number 1 pick Conner Bernard. He is supposed to be a generational player.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I have heard that he is in the lines of Gretzky, Mario, etc. Hopefully not tonight
LGP!!!!

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
I have heard that he is in the lines of Gretzky, Mario, etc. Hopefully not tonight
LGP!!!!
He has 5 points in 5 pre season games.

I am watching the pregame and Barry Melrose has Parkinsons disease and will be out of the studio all season.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Great to see Sid standing up for his teammate but for the love of God, Allah, and Dick Butkus, can't we get an enforcer on our team?
We had one but the Pens got rid of him

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He has 5 points in 5 pre season games.

I am watching the pregame and Barry Melrose has Parkinsons disease and will be out of the studio all season.
Sorry to hear that. I was just wondering how Stan Savran was doing and read where he passed away last summer. He was one of my favorite announcers/commentators and so knowledgeable in all things Steelers, Penguins and Pirates. RIP Stan....Loved the show!

Steelmann

Reaction score
Lots of hype for this game in Vancouver! King Syd vs the apprentice Connor. Triple header on Tv to start the season. Nice to see the Penguins on here. The hype for Connor Bedard is huge. The kid just turned 18. Too bad Chicago got him. Hate the Hawks.