• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 23-24

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw this.

I’m taking this with a grain of salt at the moment. The reporter has gotten things wrong with Guentzel and his contract.

What I do find interesting however is WBS makes the playoffs and gets swept and the coaching staff gets axed running the exact same system Sullivan likes to run. Yet…..Sullivan is still in charge

str8liner

Reaction score
Rags swept the caps.
Ovie was non existent this series. Definitely looked lazy/disinterested

2 teams I want to see go down in the playoffs. The Rangers and the Bruins. Don't want to see that sawed off prick Marchand raise the cup. No way.

It would be pretty cool to see Tocchet win a Cup with the Canucks.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
2 teams I want to see go down in the playoffs. The Rangers and the Bruins. Don't want to see that sawed off prick Marchand raise the cup. No way.

It would be pretty cool to see Tocchet win a Cup with the Canucks.
Agreed on the rat. He is scum.

I keep pulling for the Jets. They are the Steelers of the post season.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Not me, If the pens brought either him or Tom Wilson over to the roster, I'd stop watching games until they left.
I get it but if Wilson worked for us and planted Trouba for that hit on Sid a couple years ago, I'd enjoy every minute of the replays. He just picks his battles with easy pickings now so it's a moot point.

With respect to Marchand, I can't stand the guy but he's a hell of a competitor and does stuff to get other guys off their games. Same line as Kasparitis (sp?). Couldn't stand him when he wasn't on our team but couldn't wait to see what he'd do next when he was on it.

str8liner

Reaction score
Loved the Matthew's-less Maple Leafs giving the Bruins indigestion last night in OT. If the Leafs can win game 6 there won't be a single Bruins fan without serious anal pucker issues for game 7.

OMG will that be fun.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Loved the Matthew's-less Maple Leafs giving the Bruins indigestion last night in OT. If the Leafs can win game 6 there won't be a single Bruins fan without serious anal pucker issues for game 7.

OMG will that be fun.
That was great.

Panthers knocked out the lightning.
Carolina took control against the Isles. Guentzel looks good as always but Kuznetsov has had a revival after getting his wish to get out of Washington

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
2 sports organization that deserve to win a championship in playoffs currently IMO..

1. Toronto Maple Leafs
2. New York Knickerbockers

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
All I can think about is the Pens have now completely missed the playoffs two years in a row.

Next year doesn't look good from this current position either.

Last edited:

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
All I can think about is the the Pens have now completely missed the playoffs two years in a row.

Next year doesn't look good from this current position either.
I think the core group can do ok through the season and you gotta give them credit for not missing any games which was a first I think, but no way they can hold up much less be effective throughout the playoffs. I think the faster they disband the core + Rusty and start building younger chemistry the better off they'll be.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The Core model does put butts in seats and from a business standpoint that's what they're looking for but from a playoff competitive standpoint it's not going to work. They probably should have been broken up awhile ago. Damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario with respect to breaking them up.

Hopefully Rierden's replacement will be able to make use of Karlsson and Graves and let Sid, Geno, and Rust focus more on offense.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The Core model does put butts in seats and from a business standpoint that's what they're looking for but from a playoff competitive standpoint it's not going to work. They probably should have been broken up awhile ago. Damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario with respect to breaking them up.

Hopefully Rierden's replacement will be able to make use of Karlsson and Graves and let Sid, Geno, and Rust focus more on offense.
Pro sports is a business at the end of the day. As long as they make their $$$ wins and losses don’t mean much at the pro level. Teams can just pack up and move to the next city willing to embrace a pro sports franchise.

That aside. Crosby, Malkin and Letang will remain until. I’m sure the merchandise sales will pay off once their names become synonymous with vintage.

From a current and team perspective. I hope they can get out of Graves contract. St. Ivany looked a lot better than he did.

If Karlsson can pick up with where he left off on the winning streak. The Pens could find themselves in a good position.

Rierden was an anchor for sure as he was responsible for defense and powerplay. Sullivan should be on a short leash

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Pro sports is a business at the end of the day. As long as they make their $$$ wins and losses don’t mean much at the pro level. Teams can just pack up and move to the next city willing to embrace a pro sports franchise.

That aside. Crosby, Malkin and Letang will remain until. I’m sure the merchandise sales will pay off once their names become synonymous with vintage.

From a current and team perspective. I hope they can get out of Graves contract. St. Ivany looked a lot better than he did.

If Karlsson can pick up with where he left off on the winning streak. The Pens could find themselves in a good position.

Rierden was an anchor for sure as he was responsible for defense and powerplay. Sullivan should be on a short leash
We talk about it all the time with respect to the Steelers and how trying to make players fit a scheme doesn't work. You have to make the scheme fit the players you have. Much tougher proposition from a coaching standpoint but what needs to happen on the ice just as it does on the gridiron. Amazed that Sully hasn't been let go yet as he seems to have been trying to hammer that square peg into a round hole with a pile driver for quite awhile now.