• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Once a cheater .....

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Caught red handed and had to admit it. They even added a festive holiday twist to their admission

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...gue-policy-say-it-was-unintentional/#comments

[h=1]Patriots admit video crew violated league policy, say it was unintentional[/h]“On Sunday, Dec. 8, the content team sent a three-person video crew to the Bengals-Browns game at FirstEnergy Stadium in order to capture one part of a longer feature on the Patriots scouting department, in this case a Patriots pro personnel scout while he was working in the press box,” the statement from the team said. “While we sought and were granted credentialed access from the Cleveland Browns for the video crew, our failure to inform the Bengals and the League was an unintended oversight. In addition to filming the scout, the production crew — without specific knowledge of League rules — inappropriately filmed the field from the press box. The sole purpose of the filming twas to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road. There was no intention of using the footage for any other purpose. We understand and acknowledge that our video crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, unknowingly violated a league policy by filming the field and sideline from the press box.”

Pre spygate they were caught multiple times and given informal warnings

Caught in spygate their official answer was they didn’t know.. it was unintentional

Caught in other mysterious cheating controversy their answer was either they didn’t know or it was an innocent mistake

All official testimony in the investigation explicitly contradicts that

Here they are again claiming total ignorance and an accident

Read the espn expose on this again... it is exactly what they did before... they should get banned for stupidity except it isn’t stupidly, its just immoral indifference to the rules

madinsomniac

Reaction score
1000% certain that the beat reporter that forced the issue was sick and tired of the league looking the other way on it... the bengals head coach didn’t sound too pleased it was asked

Bet that guy gets blackballed soon... he should get a medal

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Watching ESPN this morning, SVP basically said “Do you really think the Patriots are worried about the Bengals? That they need to spy on a one win team?” My answer is yes. They are a hot mess right now. They are struggling, especially on offense. And they have a history. A long history of **** like this. Yes, they would spy on the Bengals, or any team, because they think they'll get away with it.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
****. You think this is the only team? They continued this after they were busted, just did it better.

d60fa04b57a3ea44b9b0d927a63e2a86.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Caught red handed and had to admit it. They even added a festive holiday twist to their admission

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...gue-policy-say-it-was-unintentional/#comments

[h=1]Patriots admit video crew violated league policy, say it was unintentional[/h]“On Sunday, Dec. 8, the content team sent a three-person video crew to the Bengals-Browns game at FirstEnergy Stadium in order to capture one part of a longer feature on the Patriots scouting department, in this case a Patriots pro personnel scout while he was working in the press box,” the statement from the team said. “While we sought and were granted credentialed access from the Cleveland Browns for the video crew, our failure to inform the Bengals and the League was an unintended oversight. In addition to filming the scout, the production crew — without specific knowledge of League rules — inappropriately filmed the field from the press box. The sole purpose of the filming twas to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road. There was no intention of using the footage for any other purpose. We understand and acknowledge that our video crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, unknowingly violated a league policy by filming the field and sideline from the press box.”

skline00

Reaction score
Big Ben gets fined for wearing an Apple watch on the sideline yet I wonder what Roger will do to NE?

Big Ben should have used the "it was an unintended oversight" excuse.

Oh wait that only works for the PATS!

Ben got a $5000 fine plus he was on his own sideline.

Stop the filming!

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No Mr. Goodell, I really have no idea how I came by that game ticket. Amazon delivered it to my house with one of their new drones. Boy Scouts honor.

No Mr. Goodell, I really have no idea how that camera clicked on. You know, those touch screens are real sensitive. I think I must have bumped it while eathing the nachos. Have you tried the nachos? Here, try some. Nummy, no?

No Mr. Goodell, I have no idea how Coach Belicheat's email was in my in address book. Musta been from a Facebook or Snapchat link...you know how you get all that spam when you visit websites and such.

MORE like......................Thanks for the link Mr. Godell.....................

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
THe NFL NEEDS to show the footage. We are not idiots. We can decide if it was harmlessly panning the audience. Belicheat has culpable deniability because he isn't the one that needs to see the video at all. How the **** is he going to use the signals at field level. Its rainman upstairs I'm worried about.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
THe NFL NEEDS to show the footage. We are not idiots. We can decide if it was harmlessly panning the audience. Belicheat has culpable deniability because he isn't the one that needs to see the video at all. How the **** is he going to use the signals at field level. Its rainman upstairs I'm worried about.

IMO, given the Patriots' history, the league has to release the confiscated video, whether it decides to discipline them or not.

The league's word alone will not suffice this time.

str8liner

Reaction score
IMO, given the Patriots' history, the league has to release the confiscated video, whether it decides to discipline them or not.

The league's word alone will not suffice this time.

Oh don't worry, Goodell will view the tapes, tell us there is nothing and promptly destroy them.....

Funny how all this happens when they are losing games and struggling on offense.

Just another * to add to the collection.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
DIC, The most confusing press release about deflate gate happened the first day of the investigation, and that was the statement released by the league that Bellycheck had nothing to do with it, and they pinned it on Brady. If he was part of it, he would have been banned from the league for life, as you correctly stated.

Dude is a cheater. Cheats on his wife, cheats on his taxes, cheats at cards. A cheater is a cheater for life!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
The NFL better realize that if there is not complete and total transparency on this it will tarnish the old shield 50 times more than any wife beater could possibly do. They have to show the video footage. I don't even know how it works anymore. Do they still rely on hand signals for defense??? I thought they went to a guy with a dot on his helmet who has audio in his helmet. However, if there is anything on this video that could reasonably show any possible advantage gained. Belicheat gone, Ernie Rainman Gone. Leave them with Simple Steve. He can be the coach.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The NFL better realize that if there is not complete and total transparency on this it will tarnish the old shield 50 times more than any wife beater could possibly do. They have to show the video footage. I don't even know how it works anymore. Do they still rely on hand signals for defense??? I thought they went to a guy with a dot on his helmet who has audio in his helmet. However, if there is anything on this video that could reasonably show any possible advantage gained. Belicheat gone, Ernie Rainman Gone. Leave them with Simple Steve. He can be the coach.

kraft is goodell's buddy. billacheat isn't going anywhere until he desires to retire...

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
DIC, The most confusing press release about deflate gate happened the first day of the investigation, and that was the statement released by the league that Bellycheck had nothing to do with it, and they pinned it on Brady. If he was part of it, he would have been banned from the league for life, as you correctly stated.

Dude is a cheater. Cheats on his wife, cheats on his taxes, cheats at cards. A cheater is a cheater for life!

ABSOLUTELY Cope !!!!!!!!! Over the years we as fans have taken for granted that there is a double standard in the NFL. One for us common teams and one for the CHEATRIOTS, always favoring the cheats. I think the general NFL public has finally reached their disdain of this treatment. The NFL is privy to that and lately hasn't been giving them the "on field privilege" as in the past hoping that translates into the quieting of the people. It's not going to quiet all but maybe enough. For me, it will never quiet or rest until a full expose is revealed, may never happen but I'm hoping with the more of these "caught" in the act claims that someone somewhere will eventually come forward.

PITTSBURGH is the lone team who has suffered the most by the cheating. Yes all have had a set back or two against the cheatriots but PITTSBURGH more than likely as not, was swindled out of two championships and the many regular season games as well including play off seating (not all but some). How many Jesse James calls have we had against us, how many terrible spot the balls, how many non-PI calls / picks / tampering w/player / well you get my drift.

I though I'd heard that the Bungles had kept the original and gave rog the duplicate but in any event I just hope duplicates were made to help insure disciplinary act or possible expose at a later date.

ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS and don't lose the message within

**** the cheatriots
with a

RED
HOT
POKER

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
kraft is goodell's buddy. billacheat isn't going anywhere until he desires to retire...
If the "investigation" seems inadequate its time to boycott the Super Bowl. You get your number down by 7-10 million, it will say something. All these ******* understand is dollar signs.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY Cope !!!!!!!!! Over the years we as fans have taken for granted that there is a double standard in the NFL. One for us common teams and one for the CHEATRIOTS, always favoring the cheats. I think the general NFL public has finally reached their disdain of this treatment. The NFL is privy to that and lately hasn't been giving them the "on field privilege" as in the past hoping that translates into the quieting of the people. It's not going to quiet all but maybe enough. For me, it will never quiet or rest until a full expose is revealed, may never happen but I'm hoping with the more of these "caught" in the act claims that someone somewhere will eventually come forward.

PITTSBURGH is the lone team who has suffered the most by the cheating. Yes all have had a set back or two against the cheatriots but PITTSBURGH more than likely as not, was swindled out of two championships and the many regular season games as well including play off seating (not all but some). How many Jesse James calls have we had against us, how many terrible spot the balls, how many non-PI calls / picks / tampering w/player / well you get my drift.

I though I'd heard that the Bungles had kept the original and gave rog the duplicate but in any event I just hope duplicates were made to help insure disciplinary act or possible expose at a later date.

ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS and don't lose the message within

**** the cheatriots
with a

RED
HOT
POKER

Salute the nation
Some bengal employees need to leak a copy of that tape online

Muddler

Reaction score
Agreed that Goodell has to release the tapes. Perception is reality. Every serious NFL fan outside of New England is convinced that the Patriots are cheaters with good reason. If the league issues a statement absolving the team based on their review or if the tapes are once again destroyed, the NFL's credibility will agian take a huge hit. The actions of that team taint the whole league and yet it is held up by many as "The Model Franchise"

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
So it just came out that the Patriots video person who was "supposed" to be doing something involving someone in the press box. It came out that the camera was on the Bengals sidelines the entire 1st quarter

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Let me also say that the vast majority of Boston fans are pieces of ****... i mean that in the meanest way... they are the worse amalgam of Philly and new york obnoxious, entitled, snobbish, and just nasty... I have had zero pleasant encounters with them through the years... none.. every one i meet is a douchebag.. in every sport...

I almost never lose my ****, but I once got infracted on a site after I got so sick of the lot of bruins fans being so belligerently rude and overbearing that i made some horrible comments about The Boston bomber that i moderately regret... I mean had they really used a nuke the country wouldn’t really be better off....

I hope they do get a playoff berth stripped of them cause **** that fanbase... and **** their tv ratings...