• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL 2023 draft simulator

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No trades.

steelers.svg

Peter Skoronski
    OT | Northwestern
    A+
    steelers.svg

Emmanuel Forbes
    CB | Mississippi State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Mazi Smith
    DL | Michigan
    A
    steelers.svg

Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa
    A+
    steelers.svg

Garrett Williams
    CB | Syracuse
    B+
    steelers.svg

Dontay Demus Jr.
    WR | Maryland
    A+
    steelers.svg

Lonnie Phelps
    EDGE | Kansas
    A+

• I think Skoronski winds up at LG but is a VERY good player there. Forbes and Williams make the secondary EE-LEET. Mazi and Campbell? Yeah, good luck with that running game, Rats and Clowns.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
No trades.

steelers.svg

Peter Skoronski
    OT | Northwestern
    A+
    steelers.svg

Emmanuel Forbes
    CB | Mississippi State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Mazi Smith
    DL | Michigan
    A
    steelers.svg

Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa
    A+
    steelers.svg

Garrett Williams
    CB | Syracuse
    B+
    steelers.svg

Dontay Demus Jr.
    WR | Maryland
    A+
    steelers.svg

Lonnie Phelps
    EDGE | Kansas
    A+

• I think Skoronski winds up at LG but is a VERY good player there. Forbes and Williams make the secondary EE-LEET. Mazi and Campbell? Yeah, good luck with that running game, Rats and Clowns.
make it so!

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, this is not likely since Seattle is not going to deal 5 picks to move up five spots but whatever.

steelers.svg

Bryan Bresee
    DL | Clemson
    A
    steelers.svg

Emmanuel Forbes
    CB | Mississippi State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Derick Hall
    EDGE | Auburn
    A
    steelers.svg

Rashee Rice
    WR | SMU
    A+

steelers.svg

Daiyan Henley
    LB | Washington State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Garrett Williams
    CB | Syracuse
    B+

steelers.svg

Mike Morris
    DL | Michigan
    B+

steelers.svg

Zacch Pickens
    DL | South Carolina
    B+

steelers.svg

Karl Brooks
    DL | Bowling Green
    B+
    steelers.svg

Dorian Thompson-Robinson
    QB | UCLA
    B+
    steelers.svg

Kaevon Merriweather
    S | Iowa

• Defensive line? Fixed. Secondary? Fixed. WR, ILB, pass rush? Check, check, check. Oh, and a solid developmental backup QB.
No Oline help?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No trades.

steelers.svg

Peter Skoronski
    OT | Northwestern
    A+
    steelers.svg

Emmanuel Forbes
    CB | Mississippi State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Mazi Smith
    DL | Michigan
    A
    steelers.svg

Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa
    A+
    steelers.svg

Garrett Williams
    CB | Syracuse
    B+
    steelers.svg

Dontay Demus Jr.
    WR | Maryland
    A+
    steelers.svg

Lonnie Phelps
    EDGE | Kansas
    A+

Dang, YOU need to get a job for the STEELERS as this draft would be knocked outA the park……..

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Alex did a live mock draft with fan participation. 3 rounds.

Steelers selected:

Addison
Wright
Forbes
Dexter

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
    steelers.svg

Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT | Ohio State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Emmanuel Forbes
    CB | Mississippi State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Mazi Smith
    DL | Michigan
    A
    steelers.svg

Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa
    A+
    steelers.svg

Xavier Hutchinson
    WR | Iowa State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Jose Ramirez
    EDGE | Eastern Michigan
    A+
    steelers.svg

Zack Kuntz
    TE | Old Dominion
    B+

• Would love for the draft to unfold this way. Get a potentially elite LT, a ballhawk CB who produced while playing against Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia WR's, a massive and athletic NT, a solid ILB, a big, physical possession WR, an edge rusher who lacks great size but who is so good at smacking down the OT's hands and turning the corner that I think he will be a good NFL pass rusher and more Kuntz. Seriously, who doesn't like Kuntz?

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Who's the pick at 1.17 if the following prospects are all off the board?
Peter Skoronski, OT
Paris Johnson, OT
Broderick Jones, OT (or whoever you have as your No. 3 OT)
Brian Bresee, DL
Lukas Van Ness, DL
Christian Gonzalez, CB
Devon Witherspoon, CB
Joey Porter Jr., CB
Brian Branch, S
That forces you to trade back, if other teams start playing hardball knowing you're desperate to trade back because they're aware of what positions you were focusing on, take best player available. Tight end from Notre Dame, best wr on board, etc. Force a team who was salavating thinking Pittsburgh wouldn't go in that direction come to you. If they don't pay up, you have a dam good player.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Who's the pick at 1.17 if the following prospects are all off the board?
Peter Skoronski, OT
Paris Johnson, OT
Broderick Jones, OT (or whoever you have as your No. 3 OT)
Brian Bresee, DL
Lukas Van Ness, DL
Christian Gonzalez, CB
Devon Witherspoon, CB
Joey Porter Jr., CB
Brian Branch, S

SF448, I just don't think that is possible really. The run on QB's always starts and teams panic, trying to get a franchise QB. I am basically 100% certain that Young and Stroud go in the top-10, as well as Jaylen Carter, Will Anderson, and Myles Murphy. Also very likely some team takes Kentucky QB Levis top-15 and Quentin Johnson runs a good time at the combine and goes in the top-15.

That is 7 players. Your list has 9 players and does not include Tyree Wilson (a big, talented edge rusher) or CB Cam Smith. If the Steelers are "forced" to take Tyree Wilson at 17, I can think of three guys who will hate, hate, HATE the pick: Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow and Deshaun Watson.

Also possibilities: Kelee Ringo ("Marvin Harrison Jr. torched him" - yeah, and he absolutely negated Quentin Johnson), Trenton Simpson. Simpson is as fast as Bush but bigger, likes to hit, and can cover.

Last edited:

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Last one before the combine and first trade back. Only fell back 7 and snagged another 2nd round pick. I couldn't pass it up. Ended with 3 of the crazy athletic freaks (pre-combine) in Bresee, Smith and Harrison. You can't coach that. Still not sure on Bresee but he fell to 32 so I took a shot. I also doubt Skoronski even makes it to our original pick at 17 but he was there at 24 so I ran to the podium.
  • Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern

Bryan Bresee
    DT Clemson

Emmanuel Forbes
    CB Mississippi State

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

Zach Harrison
    EDGE Ohio State

Spencer Anderson
    OC Maryland

Dallas Daniels
    WR Jackson State

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
No doubt. Boom/bust kinda guy but if he hits, he is what Tuitt used to be.
Tuitt's knock was the lack of a consistent effort. He was excellent in college and very productive. When at his best in the NFL, he was better than Heyward. I don't think bust was ever really in the question. Bresee's production has never matched his recruiting status.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
SF448, I just don't think that is possible really. The run on QB's always starts and teams panic, trying to get a franchise QB. I am basically 100% certain that Young and Stroud go in the top-10, as well as Jaylen Carter, Will Anderson, and Myles Murphy. Also very likely some team takes Kentucky QB Levis top-15 and Quentin Johnson runs a good time at the combine and goes in the top-15.

That is 7 players. Your list has 9 players and does not include Tyree Wilson (a big, talented edge rusher) or CB Cam Smith. If the Steelers are "forced" to take Tyree Wilson at 17, I can think of three guys who will hate, hate, HATE the pick: Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow and Deshaun Watson.

Also possibilities: Kelee Ringo ("Marvin Harrison Jr. torched him" - yeah, and he absolutely negated Quentin Johnson), Trenton Simpson. Simpson is as fast as Bush but bigger, likes to hit, and can cover.
Not that mock drafts are the final say, but I've seen quite a few play out this way and it's not out of the question to go this way. If they all run as expected, I'd be stunned if any of the top three cornerbacks fall to 17. Branch doesn't play a premium position, but he's probably a top-5 player in the entire draft.

Van Ness and Bresee could drop because of the lack of starting experience and the lack of production. A tackle will probably fall because none of them are elite. Johnson is the lab built tackle while Skoronski is the technician who some will view as undersized. I don't think there is a consensus No. 3.

Either way, it was a thought problem IF something like this were to happen because you go from highly ranked prospects to borderline 1st-2nd round guys real quick depending on the position you're looking at.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not that mock drafts are the final say, but I've seen quite a few play out this way and it's not out of the question to go this way. If they all run as expected, I'd be stunned if any of the top three cornerbacks fall to 17. Branch doesn't play a premium position, but he's probably a top-5 player in the entire draft.

Yeah, I get it. Know why I keep using the Draft Database mock? Because the players I really, really want (Christian Gonzalez, Broderick Jones, Joey Porter Jr., Paris Johnson) are basically always gone before 17 so it's realistic.

Robinson from Texas is the best RB in the draft. I really hope some team falls in love with him at the combine and takes him in the 1st round. Not before 17, since that does not seem likely, but anywhere in the 1st means the chances of getting a really good player at a position that needs improvement at 32 increase.

Van Ness and Bresee could drop because of the lack of starting experience and the lack of production.

No doubt but to be fair to Van Ness, he produced. He had 13.5 sacks and 19.5 tackles for loss in two years.

Bresee's definitely lacked production but most of that can be traced to issues beyond his control, such as the ACL injury in 2021, the rehab that stretched into the following year, an infection, as well as the loss of his younger sister from brain cancer in 2022. Wow, talk about a string of bad luck.

A tackle will probably fall because none of them are elite. Johnson is the lab built tackle while Skoronski is the technician who some will view as undersized. I don't think there is a consensus No. 3.

Huh, interesting. I personally think Broderick Jones - or Broderick Thomas as I like to call him - is pretty much etched in as the 3rd best of the group.

Either way, it was a thought problem IF something like this were to happen because you go from highly ranked prospects to borderline 1st-2nd round guys real quick depending on the position you're looking at.

Yes, but the good news is that I see a lot of very good players 15-50 and the Steelers will likely have a shot at 3 of them.

Also, I see a dropoff after 80 to 85, at around Jammie Robinson of Florida State or Garrett Williams of Syracuse. (Relax, Coolie - Dell is in that group.) There are guys I like generally rated below 85 (Mike Morris of Michigan, Blake Freeland of BYU, Dontayvion Wicks of Virginia, Jayden Reed Michigan State, Zach Pickens South Carolina) but the group thins out pretty quickly.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This is why I don't make trades in draft simulators - you get deals that are just not realistic. Got three picks from Seattle to move down 3 spots and still get an elite CB with the first pick:

steelers.svg

Devon Witherspoon
    CB | Illinois
    A+
    steelers.svg

Trenton Simpson
    LB | Clemson
    A
    steelers.svg

Darnell Washington
    TE | Georgia
    A
    steelers.svg

Felix Anudike-Uzomah
    EDGE | Kansas State
    A
    steelers.svg

Keeanu Benton
    DL | Wisconsin
    A+
    steelers.svg

Tyler Steen
    OT | Alabama
    A+
    steelers.svg

Jayden Reed
    WR | Michigan State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Jose Ramirez
    EDGE | Eastern Michigan
    B+
    steelers.svg

Carter Warren
    OT | Pittsburgh
    B+

• Get a premium CB, best ILB in the draft, superb Edge player, a massive and talented TE, a very good DT (even if he is not a 0-tech guy and more a 2), a solid RT prospect with a substantial measure of nastiness, a WR I think is going to be excellent, another Edge rusher cuz why not?

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The following picks were made because the players selected were simply the best available at that spot.

steelers.svg

Bryan Bresee
    DL | Clemson
    A
    steelers.svg

Brian Branch
    S | Alabama
    A
    steelers.svg

Darnell Wright
    OT | Tennessee
    A+
    steelers.svg

Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa
    A+
    steelers.svg

Andrew Vorhees
    IOL | USC
    A+
    steelers.svg

Nesta Jade Silvera
    DL | Arizona State
    B+
    steelers.svg

Kaevon Merriweather
    S | Iowa
    B+

• Bresee is riskee, got it, but 6'5", 300 lbs., long arms, motor, intense. Branch simply too good to pass up. Yeah, did not get a CB but the draft presumes Steelers re-sign Cam. Wright at Wright tackle, Vorhees at LG and this line is damn good. Campbell is a solid, reliable, productive ILBer and no worries about covering those pesky TE's and RB's - Brian, can you roll down into the box and take care of that, thanks?

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I get it. Know why I keep using the Draft Database mock? Because the players I really, really want (Christian Gonzalez, Broderick Jones, Joey Porter Jr., Paris Johnson) are basically always gone before 17 so it's realistic.

Robinson from Texas is the best RB in the draft. I really hope some team falls in love with him at the combine and takes him in the 1st round. Not before 17, since that does not seem likely, but anywhere in the 1st means the chances of getting a really good player at a position that needs improvement at 32 increase.

No doubt but to be fair to Van Ness, he produced. He had 13.5 sacks and 19.5 tackles for loss in two years.

Bresee's definitely lacked production but most of that can be traced to issues beyond his control, such as the ACL injury in 2021, the rehab that stretched into the following year, an infection, as well as the loss of his younger sister from brain cancer in 2022. Wow, talk about a string of bad luck.

Huh, interesting. I personally think Broderick Jones - or Broderick Thomas as I like to call him - is pretty much etched in as the 3rd best of the group.

Yes, but the good news is that I see a lot of very good players 15-50 and the Steelers will likely have a shot at 3 of them.

Also, I see a dropoff after 80 to 85, at around Jammie Robinson of Florida State or Garrett Williams of Syracuse. (Relax, Coolie - Dell is in that group.) There are guys I like generally rated below 85 (Mike Morris of Michigan, Blake Freeland of BYU, Dontayvion Wicks of Virginia, Jayden Reed Michigan State, Zach Pickens South Carolina) but the group thins out pretty quickly.
Van produced but he never started. Bresee good or bad luck those question marks will still be there. For me not enough to take off a board as they both have obvious talent. I take Van down by the river before I take Bresee, and still wouldn't draft either at 17. When I have a question mark that makes me pause. I drop the prospect 1 round. Unless I drop them all together or further down the pecking order. At 17 I want a little less bust potential. That's just me. We will find out if the Steelers feel the same as I suspect both prospects will be there at 17.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Last one before the combine and first trade back. Only fell back 7 and snagged another 2nd round pick. I couldn't pass it up. Ended with 3 of the crazy athletic freaks (pre-combine) in Bresee, Smith and Harrison. You can't coach that. Still not sure on Bresee but he fell to 32 so I took a shot. I also doubt Skoronski even makes it to our original pick at 17 but he was there at 24 so I ran to the podium.

I suspect that if Skoronski is still available at 17, there is 0% chance the Steelers trade down.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect that if Skoronski is still available at 17, there is 0% chance the Steelers trade down.

I hope they would take him as well. Creed Humphrey was there twice, just sayiN.

Salute the nation

ianv2012

Reaction score
Used NFL Mock Draft Database Simulator

Broderick Jones
    OT | Georgia
    A

Drew Sanders
    LB | Arkansas
    A

• Traded back one spot from 49 to 50 and picked up 82 and 155
    Keeanu Benton
    DL | Wisconsin
    A

Julius Brents
    CB | Kansas State
    A+

Noah Sewell
    LB | Oregon
    B+

Andrew Vorhees
    IOL | USC
    A+

Jayden Reed
    WR | Michigan State
    A+

Keondre Coburn
    DL | Texas
    B+

Jose Ramirez
    EDGE | Eastern Michigan
    B+

Steelmann

Reaction score
I tell ya. This year I’m going to get some of those soft plastic balls that they have in the Macdonald’s kids area. Because if Skoronski or Jones are there and they don’t take one of them,I will have something other than my remote to throw at the frigging tv. Especially if they draft a WR in the first 3 picks.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I tell ya. This year I’m going to get some of those soft plastic balls that they have in the Macdonald’s kids area. Because if Skoronski or Jones are there and they don’t take one of them,I will have something other than my remote to throw at the frigging tv. Especially if they draft a WR in the first 3 picks.
Can you do a live draft video call of your reaction? I mean let's do entertainment right.😁

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Tuitt's knock was the lack of a consistent effort. He was excellent in college and very productive. When at his best in the NFL, he was better than Heyward. I don't think bust was ever really in the question. Bresee's production has never matched his recruiting status.
At his best better than Heyward??? Man that 2017 playoff game when they ran at Tuitt all game long proves otherwise.