• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

My Mock Along Mock

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
RD3(84)- Leo Chenal LB Wisconsin
Chenal is a throwback hard nosed football player. Definitely comes in takes the buck spot and fixes our run defense whoas.

RD4(138)- Sam Howell QB UNC
I really didn’t want a QB this year but there’s just no way I can pass on Howell again after I fixed our defensive wows. Howell gives us insurance if Rudolph or Trubisky can’t get the job done.
I find this very interesting..

Is this a text to speech thing?
Im not being a grammar nazi. I just see 2 sentences, right after the other.. with the same phrase, and with 1 of the words spelled incorrectly both times, but two differerent ways.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
It's that time of year again. I really am enjoying some of these old ones now. Hope you all enjoy.

#14- Broderick Jones OT Georgia
I might have sat still and let Christian Gonzalez fall to me to be 100% honest. But it gets hard keeping track of trades on this. So if I sit still I take Gonzalez. But I agree with the trade value and the player we traded up for.

#32- Brian Branch DB Alabama
I do honestly LOVE the JP2 pick. But if I pick along with the Steelers it makes this no fun. I stick with my board and Branch imo is an elite player. He and Porter play different roles as Branch is a hybrid safety/LB/nickel while Porter is your outside CB. I think both will be good NFL players for their respective teams.

#49- John Michael Schmitz OC Minnesota
I agree with the Benton pick as DL is a much greater need. But JMS is the BPA on my board and a plug and play center.

#93- Dawand Jones OT Ohio State
I know this is a very heavy offensive line draft for me but that was by far our weakest area. Washington I think helps in the running game when he comes on the field but imo Jones and Jones solidifies our line.

#132- Noah Sewell ILB Oregon
I get us the run stuffing inside backer we desperately need.

#241- Moro Ojomo DL Texas
Sticking with the board and the theme of building the trenches Ojomo is a run stuff DL with some upside as a passrusher as he had 20 hurries and 6 sacks last year,

#251- Jerrod Clark DT Coastal Carolina
Big bodied true NT.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
It's that time of year again. I really am enjoying some of these old ones now. Hope you all enjoy.

#14- Broderick Jones OT Georgia
I might have sat still and let Christian Gonzalez fall to me to be 100% honest. But it gets hard keeping track of trades on this. So if I sit still I take Gonzalez. But I agree with the trade value and the player we traded up for.

#32- Brian Branch DB Alabama
I do honestly LOVE the JP2 pick. But if I pick along with the Steelers it makes this no fun. I stick with my board and Branch imo is an elite player. He and Porter play different roles as Branch is a hybrid safety/LB/nickel while Porter is your outside CB. I think both will be good NFL players for their respective teams.

#49- John Michael Schmitz OC Minnesota
I agree with the Benton pick as DL is a much greater need. But JMS is the BPA on my board and a plug and play center.

#93- Dawand Jones OT Ohio State
I know this is a very heavy offensive line draft for me but that was by far our weakest area. Washington I think helps in the running game when he comes on the field but imo Jones and Jones solidifies our line.

#132- Noah Sewell ILB Oregon
I get us the run stuffing inside backer we desperately need.

#241- Moro Ojomo DL Texas
Sticking with the board and the theme of building the trenches Ojomo is a run stuff DL with some upside as a passrusher as he had 20 hurries and 6 sacks last year,

#251- Jerrod Clark DT Coastal Carolina
Big bodied true NT.

If you stay at 1.17 the Pats* take Gonzalez and the Jets take Jones.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Sewell will end up being mediocre if that. I think Peezy fits the scheme better than Gonzalez. Plus it is a rarity to get an opportunity to draft highly touted LT. I prefer Kenny to be upright. The Steelers have taken steps to protect him. That alone is an A+ move.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
That time of year again. Looking at the draft once Mims was gone I’d probably listen to offers. Lions gave up 29 and 73 for 24. So to move to 20 I would see if they would throw in 164 and 201. My guess is if they were willing to give 73 to move to 24 they’d throw at least that much in for 20.

But if I stayed put here’s the draft.

20- Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo
Immediately starts opposite of JPJ and we have perhaps the best tandem CBs in the NFL. Mitchell is the best player on the board. Probably not our biggest need but I’m big on sticking with your board.

51- Kiran Amegadjie RT Yale
Sticking with my board works out. There’s a few players I really like here but I take a top player at a top need. Get my mauler RT who is athletic enough to keep the pocket clean for the QB.

84- Payton Wilson ILB NC State
I know we get him later and at this point I actually didn’t realize he was missing an ACL. But he again is the highest rated player on my board so I’m fine taking him here.

98- Theo Johnson TE Penn State
Again, highest guy on my board. 6-6 260lbd 4.57 40 and when you watch the tape I feel the offense was not designed for him to be a big part of it. He only had 45 targets but hauled in 34 of those for a 76% completion percentage. But when he wasn’t featured he fell. Freiermuth likely gets paid but this pick helps us when negotiating and having a two TE set with Freiermuth and Johnson would help alleviate the need for another outside receiver.

119- Mason McCormick OC/OG South Dakota St
I do like Frazier but he wasn’t the value pick like McCormick is. This kid can play center or guard. RAS off the charts for center.

178- Logan Lee DL Iowa
Don’t like waiting this long for a DL but with limited picks and the way the board fell this is how it works. Lee needs to add 15+ pounds of functional weight to better set the edge but he isn’t a slouch at run defense and is a better pass rusher than his stats give him credit for.

195- Brenden Rice WR USC
High floor receiver. Can play outside or in. Not a lot of upside as he’s already a polished route runner but he’s a guy you can plug and play and will be a contributor year one.

If I traded with the Lions for ***** and giggles.

29- Ruke Orhorhoro DL Clemson
51- Adonai Mitchell WR Texas
73- Kiran Amegadjie RT Yale
164- Johnny Wilson WR Florida St
178- Logan Lee DL Iowa
195- Brenden Rice WR USC
201- Daequan Hardy CB Penn State
205- Beaux Limmer OC Arkansas

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If I traded with the Lions for ***** and giggles.

29- Ruke Orhorhoro DL Clemson
51- Adonai Mitchell WR Texas
73- Kiran Amegadjie RT Yale
164- Johnny Wilson WR Florida St
178- Logan Lee DL Iowa
195- Brenden Rice WR USC
201- Daequan Hardy CB Penn State
205- Beaux Limmer OC Arkansas

This draft would make no sense because you draft a bazillion players, and keep probably 7. That means four wasted picks in your scenario, unless you think they are going to turn over 22% of the roster in one draft.

Fautanu is an extremely athletic, experienced and talented OT. His pass blocking skills are elite. I am not clear why you believe he winds up at G, I'm really not. "He's only 6'3"." Okay, with 34 1/2" arm length. I already posted a list of five very good OT's who have arm lengths shorter than that. He is a much more athletic Kelvin Beachum. Fautanu was the 11th to 17th best player in the draft, but because you are concerned about his long-term health, your plan is to drop 9 spots to gather up picks in the 7th round who don't make the roster and a RT from Yale ... who missed 7 games with a quad injury and wound up getting picked early 3rd round.

Sure. You bet.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
This draft would make no sense because you draft a bazillion players, and keep probably 7. That means four wasted picks in your scenario, unless you think they are going to turn over 22% of the roster in one draft.
So you know they would only keep 7. So Ruke and Lee couldn't beat out Leal, Loudermilk or Lowry? Mitchell, Wilson and Rice couldn't beat out Austin, Mim or Fitzpatrick? Amegadjie , McCormick, and Limmer couldn't beat out Spencer, Cook, McCollum or Fisher? Wilson can't beat out Robinson? Johnson couldn't beat out Heyward or Pruitt? Hardy couldn't beat out Scott or Barcoo?

Not saying they all would make the team but they all would at very least push the guys who are bubble rosters spots to either play better or get off the team.
Fautanu is an extremely athletic, experienced and talented OT. His pass blocking skills are elite. I am not clear why you believe he winds up at G, I'm really not. "He's only 6'3"." Okay, with 34 1/2" arm length. I already posted a list of five very good OT's who have arm lengths shorter than that. He is a much more athletic Kelvin Beachum. Fautanu was the 11th to 17th best player in the draft, but because you are concerned about his long-term health, your plan is to drop 9 spots to gather up picks in the 7th round who don't make the roster and a RT from Yale ... who missed 7 games with a quad injury and wound up getting picked early 3rd round.

Sure. You bet.
I am not sure why you feel the need to lie. Show me where I said he WILL BE A GUARD. Of course you can't. So you will ignore me asking you to show where I said he will be a guard.

I think Fautanu has a chance to play RT. He does have long arms, he does have agility, and he’s aggressive. He might need to add some weight though to be a reset the LOS kind of guy though. If he ends up LT then he’d be an A and my A draft grade for Jones goes to a C-.

I never said he has short arms. I said he is short. Show me a list of offensive tackles who are under 6-4.

This is what I said about Fautanu. You people are taking all the negatives as a personal jab for some strange reason. I said he is a little undersized and has a medical concern. Are those points invalid because he is a Steeler? If the Browns drafted him would be so sensitive if someone mentioned there's not a lot of tackles who make it at under 6-4?

1(20)- Troy Fautanu OL Washington
I do like Fautanu as a football player. He’s aggressive, agile, good feet, natural knee bender, keeps his head up. And while he was my last first round rated lineman on the board at that point I had him as a fringe tackle as he may have to move to guard. And he isn’t a dominating run blocker so if he remains at tackle it might be the same issue as we have with Jones. Capable RT but should kick over to LT. And if he ends up not being able to play tackle due to his size and has to kick inside, well we drafted two other interior lineman and then still don’t have a RT. Now we do have Daniels coming up on free agency in 2025, and Isaac Seumalo in 2026 so we will have players to replace them if needed. But the final grade on this pick could be an A+ if he immediately starts at RT and stays or a B if he kicks inside. The other issue is his knee. I heard some rumors that his knee might have long term issues. They said it cleared medically but if it doesn’t hold up and we missed that then this pick becomes an F. Lots of questions about his future so with that said I’m giving this pick a B.

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So you know they would only keep 7. So Ruke and Lee couldn't beat out Leal, Loudermilk or Lowry? Mitchell, Wilson and Rice couldn't beat out Austin, Mim or Fitzpatrick? Amegadjie , McCormick, and Limmer couldn't beat out Spencer, Cook, McCollum or Fisher? Wilson can't beat out Robinson? Johnson couldn't beat out Heyward or Pruitt? Hardy couldn't beat out Scott or Barcoo?

Not saying they all would make the team but they all would at very least push the guys who are bubble rosters spots to either play better or get off the team.

Uhh, sure. First, go find a team that has kept 11 draft picks and we can talk about how that could happen. The 2024 Steelers roster is not one that needs 11 new players, most of them lower round draft picks, to improve the roster.

I am not sure why you feel the need to lie. Show me where I said he WILL BE A GUARD. Of course you can't. So you will ignore me asking you to show where I said he will be a guard. I never said he has short arms. I said he is short. Show me a list of offensive tackles who are under 6-4.

When you write that offensive tackles are not under 6'4", and indeed insist on that fact, you are saying he will wind up at guard.

You don't see that? Seriously?

This is what I said about Fautanu. You people are taking all the negatives as a personal jab for some strange reason. I said he is a little undersized and has a medical concern. Are those points invalid because he is a Steeler? If the Browns drafted him would be so sensitive if someone mentioned there's not a lot of tackles who make it at under 6-4?

You are literally the only one squealing and whining in this thread, dude, so don't be shocked when people suggest you are being a baby.

And the suggestion that I am "sensitive" about your opinions? Da fuq? I pointed out your analytical errors, nothing more. One of us seems to be acting like a schoolgirl stood up on prom night and dude, I'm not the one wearing a prom dress.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Uhh, sure. First, go find a team that has kept 11 draft picks and we can talk about how that could happen. The 2024 Steelers roster is not one that needs 11 new players, most of them lower round draft picks, to improve the roster.
Do you think all 7 make our roster? Hell, with 2 guys getting drafted in front of McCormick he’s no sure fire 53 man.

How about we see how many of the above make their teams. Guys like Johnny Wilson has a tough row to hoe too. But lets see vs our 7.
When you write that offensive tackles are not under 6'4", and indeed insist on that fact, you are saying he will wind up at guard.

You don't see that? Seriously?
Where did I say he’s only a guard? I have said a half dozen times he should get every opportunity to stay at tackle. Show me where I said he is only a guard.
You are literally the only one squealing and whining in this thread, dude, so don't be shocked when people suggest you are being a baby.

I’m not whining. I’m laughing. This is comical. It’s just like Pickett. Say anything remotely honest and group 1 loses their minds.
And the suggestion that I am "sensitive" about your opinions? Da fuq? I pointed out your analytical errors, nothing more. One of us seems to be acting like a schoolgirl stood up on prom night and dude, I'm not the one wearing a prom dress.
You haven’t pointed out any errors. Where are your list of offensive tackles under 6’ 4”?

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you think all 7 make our roster? Hell, with 2 guys getting drafted in front of McCormick he’s no sure fire 53 man.

No, I don't think all 7 make the roster, meaning the chances a bunch of 6th and 7th rounders you would have traded down to get would also not make the team.

I believe that was my point. Let me re-read my post ... yes, yes it was.

Where did I say he’s only a guard? I have said a half dozen times he should get every opportunity to stay at tackle. Show me where I said he is only a guard.

For the love of God, when you insist - INSIST - that no worthwhile NFL tackles are under 6'4" and DEMAND that others go through rosters and list OT's under 6'4" and where Fautanu is 6'3 3/4", is your point that he is the perfect size for a T? Seriously? Your argument is that he is too short to be an OT, even if you lack the wit to recognize your own argument.

I’m not whining. I’m laughing. This is comical. It’s just like Pickett. Say anything remotely honest and group 1 loses their minds.

Da fuq does Kenny Pickett have to do with this? Jesus, stick with the topic.

You haven’t pointed out any errors.

Several. In detail.

Where are your list of offensive tackles under 6’ 4”?

Isaiah Wynn, Miami Dolphins 6’2″

Charles Leno Jr., Washington Commanders 6’3″

Kelvin Beachum, Arizona Cardinals 6’3″

Cody Ford, Cincinnati Bengals 6’3″

Troy Fatauna, Pittsburgh Steelers 6' 3 3/4"

And the OT's who are 6'4", a massive 1/4" taller than Fatauna, where that 1/4" is an extra special-special 1/4" making them not too short at all, no sir, nope, not at all? These guys:

Chris HubbardTitans
Warren McClendon Jr.Rams
Spencer Burford49ers
Ryan BatesBills
Patrick MekariRavens
Cooper HodgesJaguars
Robert HainseyBuccaneers
Jedrick WillsBrowns
David BakhtiariPackers
Jaylon Moore49ers
Asim RichardsCowboys
Rashawn SlaterChargers
Duane BrownJets
Ikem EkwonuPanthers
Saahdiq CharlesCommanders

ianv2012

Reaction score
Funny that you think my opinion on the player changes depending on what team they go to lol it's funny you think you're the only one who can hold an unbiased viewpoint 🤣 man you really do live in your own world

FordFairLane

Reaction score
No, I don't think all 7 make the roster, meaning the chances a bunch of 6th and 7th rounders you would have traded down to get would also not make the team.

I believe that was my point. Let me re-read my post ... yes, yes it was.

For the love of God, when you insist - INSIST - that no worthwhile NFL tackles are under 6'4" and DEMAND that others go through rosters and list OT's under 6'4" and where Fautanu is 6'3 3/4", is your point that he is the perfect size for a T? Seriously? Your argument is that he is too short to be an OT, even if you lack the wit to recognize your own argument.

Da fuq does Kenny Pickett have to do with this? Jesus, stick with the topic.

Several. In detail.

Isaiah Wynn, Miami Dolphins 6’2″

Guard

Charles Leno Jr., Washington Commanders 6’3″

6-4

Kelvin Beachum, Arizona Cardinals 6’3″

Yes. I have mentioned him

Cody Ford, Cincinnati Bengals 6’3″

Guard
Troy Fatauna, Pittsburgh Steelers 6' 3 3/4"

And the OT's who are 6'4", a massive 1/4" taller than Fatauna, where that 1/4" is an extra special-special 1/4" making them not too short at all, no sir, nope, not at all? These guys:

You are literally proving my point.
Chris HubbardTitans
Warren McClendon Jr.Rams
Spencer Burford49ers
Ryan BatesBills
Patrick MekariRavens
Cooper HodgesJaguars
Robert HainseyBuccaneers
Jedrick WillsBrowns
David BakhtiariPackers
Jaylon Moore49ers
Asim RichardsCowboys
Rashawn SlaterChargers
Duane BrownJets
Ikem EkwonuPanthers
Saahdiq CharlesCommanders
Hubbard couldn’t cut it at tackle. Played 7 games at RT for us then one year at Cleveland before being a backup guard and tackle.

McClendon
6-4
Bufford 6-4.25
Bates 6-4.5

Im not going to fact check your complete garbage list. You should be ashamed posting this bs. It’s all a sack of 💩 lies.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ol girl just made some delicious rice and shrimp followed it up with lobster ravioli. But still await that delicious BLT.

Yummmm

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Guard

6-4

Yes. I have mentioned him

Guard

You are literally proving my point.

Hubbard couldn’t cut it at tackle. Played 7 games at RT for us then one year at Cleveland before being a backup guard and tackle.

McClendon
6-4
Bufford 6-4.25
Bates 6-4.5

Im not going to fact check your complete garbage list. You should be ashamed posting this bs. It’s all a sack of 💩 lies.

Now go hang up your prom dress, sweety.

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When I cook, Black Stone flat top, I cook long and hard. Sometimes my panties get up in a bunch and then I just stop, take a very deep breath and ………. Dig them out and flatten them nicely.

Most of the time, I’ll wash my hands afterwards then proceed to finish cooking.

I make everything and anything.

I’m going to use my last pack of smoked Cottage BACON (thick-slice) and cook the whole pack. Toasted buns

Best BLTs ever.

As far as trying to over-ride a draft that is already done and the picks are in, I just kick back a little and watch the whiners whine. They can’t do a dang thing about changing anything. I just read up on the picks and patiently wait for TC to start.

The banter is fun, sometimes it’s taken to seriously as stated, the draft is done and over with.

Canadian Girls are great on a KAYAK. That’s experience speaking right there.

Salute the nation