• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Michael Flynn Resigns as National Security Adviser

Spike

Reaction score
WASHINGTON — Michael T. Flynn, the national security adviser, resigned on Monday night after it was revealed that he had misled Vice President Mike Pence and other top White House officials about his conversations with the Russian ambassador to the United States, according to a person close to the Trump administration.

Mr. Flynn, who served in the job for less than a month, stepped down after days of reports that he had spoken to the ambassador in late December about American sanctions against Russia, weeks before Mr. Trump’s inauguration. Mr. Flynn previously had denied that he had any substantive conversations with Ambassador Sergey I. Kislyak, and Mr. Pence repeated that claim in television as recently as earlier this month.

In his resignation letter, which the White House emailed to reporters, Mr. Flynn said he had held numerous calls with foreign officials during the transition. “Unfortunately, because of the fast pace of events, I inadvertently briefed the vice president-elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian ambassador,” he wrote. “I have sincerely apologized to the president and the vice president, and they have accepted my apology.”

“I am tendering my resignation, honored to have served our nation and the American people in such a distinguished way,” Mr. Flynn wrote.

The White House said in the statement that it was replacing Mr. Flynn with retired Lt. Gen. Joseph K. Kellogg Jr. of the Army, a Vietnam War veteran, as acting national security adviser.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/...onal-security-adviser-michael-flynn.html?_r=0

-----------------------------------

Self inflicted. He was stupid to lie to Pence about the call.

Lesson to Trump appointees — don’t lie to the boss.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Another case of the cover up being worse than the crime.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
It's not over yet......this thing is about to grow roots .....there were other calls made to Russia from Flynn....some of them encrypted.....or so he believed. Who suggested the calls ? If this traces back to Donny you can believe they will nail his ***. Theres gonna be a lynching in Washington like you wouldn't believe

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this one. Sure, Flynn messed up, but why lie when he really didn't do anything wrong? Unless he did do something wrong. I am curious to see how high this goes. Pence might be the only guy clean in this mess.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
You can be rest assured that the entire Trump Administration will be tried and convicted in the court of media opinion before all of the facts are known. This is reality for the next 8 years.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
Another case of the cover up being worse than the crime.

You can be rest assured that the entire Trump Administration will be tried and convicted in the court of media opinion before all of the facts are known. This is reality for the next 8 years.

My...my....the contortions that have to be performed just to remain a Trump Chump©

All the facts are not known, yet the cover up is worse than the crime........

I'm sure Trump will actually breathe a sigh of relief when the impeachment comes, being the lazy know nothing psychopath that he is.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yeah. If that was a Democrat kosied up to Mother Russia after serious charges of Russian intervention in the election I would love to see what the reaction would be here. Can anyone answer that one?

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I just wish my government would do something honest. Just once. Christ this gets old.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
With all do respect Serge how were you going to get honesty here. And I'm not saying there would have been honesty elsewhere. But this guy makes misleading, obfuscation and just bold face lies an art form.

Stewey

Reaction score
So Flynn as a private citizen had contacts with the Russians and lied about it. He resigned. Fine. Next man up.

Flynn also was fired by Obama for criticizing Obamas nonchalant approach towards fighting terrorism....which is exactly why Trump appointed him.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
FBI spying on Trump's cabinet. This swamp is wide and deep.

Stewey

Reaction score
With all do respect Serge how were you going to get honesty here. And I'm not saying there would have been honesty elsewhere. But this guy makes misleading, obfuscation and just bold face lies an art form.

Art form indeed. Thank God hes no longer in office.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Look he is averaging 2.5 misspoke words, total gaffes and outright scandals per week. You all will only be able to blame the fake news, swamp and the rest of the Bullshit for so long. I'm sure his tax audit will end in 4.25 years. Mmmm

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
Look he is averaging 2.5 misspoke words, total gaffes and outright scandals per week. You all will only be able to blame the fake news, swamp and the rest of the Bullshit for so long. I'm sure his tax audit will end in 4.25 years. Mmmm

Let's not forget the lowest approval rating ever. At this pace he'll be in single digits by the summer(if he's still in office)Not possible I know because of his retarded base.

Taking credit for "accomplishments" that he had NOTHING TO DO WITH from Ford to Intel.

Hey he did send a few people who owed parking fines back to Mexico and tore apart some families. ....so I guess that's something.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
Let's not forget the lowest approval rating ever. At this pace he'll be in single digits by the summer(if he's still in office)Not possible I know because of his retarded base.

Taking credit for "accomplishments" that he had NOTHING TO DO WITH from Ford to Intel.

Hey he did send a few people who owed parking fines back to Mexico and tore apart some families. ....so I guess that's something.

*Lowest approval rating at beginning of term.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
can't we just put bomma back in office?

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
*Lowest approval rating at beginning of term.

Approval Rating = Main Stream Media's way of telling you how to think.

I'm no Trumper, but he won the election 31 states to 19.
Not sure how much more of an approval you need.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score

Well he thinks he lost in the back of his mind which is why he needs to reassure himself with each opening statement during his speeches and briefings. He constantly reminds the public...at least those who will listen.

ark steel

Reaction score

Seriously, if The Big O had been covered by actual journalism, I'd bet our ******* heads would spend. The media has spent 8 years covering The Big O's ***. NOW, they are so very suddenly "journalists"?

Eat my shorts MSM. YOU are the reason the Dems lost. Enjoy.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score

Gallup is MSM? Who knew?

He won because of the electoral college which is a disaster left over from compromising with the slave states.

The people never wanted him....3 million votes verify it.

Spike

Reaction score
All polls are political - ask Hillary

Majority approve of Trump job performance despite Opposition Party's sustained efforts

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 52% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-eight percent (48%) disapprove.

Seventy-nine percent (79%) of Republicans approve; 72% of Democrats disapprove. Among voters not affiliated with either major party, 51% approve, while 49% disapprove.

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/political_updates/prez_track_feb14

Spike

Reaction score

No doubt, but it was going to be anyway. Flynn was a lifelong Democrat, an an Obama appointee, that ran his mouth a lot, so now he paid for it. Good riddance.

Flush all Obama appointees out of the Executive Branch immediately!

nevermind - too late

Unanimous: Senate Confirms Dr. David Shulkin to Take over Veterans Affairs

Every Democrat joined every Republican in voting to confirm Dr. David Shulkin as the next man to run the Department of Veterans Affairs in a 100-0 vote..

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...firms-dr-david-shulkin-take-veterans-affairs/

Last edited:

Stewey

Reaction score
Gallup is MSM? Who knew?

He won because of the electoral college which is a disaster left over from compromising with the slave states.

The people never wanted him....3 million votes verify it.

Um...by design the office of the presidency would not determined by the popular vote. The way a majority votes does not mean it was the right way.

In this election 3 million low information liberal morons didn't get their way.
Thank you Founding Fathers.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
Um...by design the office of the presidency would not determined by the popular vote. The way a majority votes does not mean it was the right way.

In this election 3 million low information liberal morons didn't get their way.
Thank you Founding Fathers.

Explain to me how it's good for electing all 50 governors.....

I'll wait....

Stewey

Reaction score

2.5 scandals per week? Can you be specific.

Gaffs and misspoke words? Trump was doing that before the election.