• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lose Sunday and the season is a failure. True or False

Lose Sunday and the season is a failure

• true

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • false

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Because they never believed that the bar was the Super Bowl. They were happy winning the division. We are not them.
Yeah i know I won't get likes if I don't say SB or bust but the truth is that this team at one point was looking like an 8-8 team due to youth and some key players MIA (bryant, heyward, Green). They fixed their **** and the kids grew up pretty fast.
I expect nothing but a win, this team has a lot of talent, more than enough to beat KC and the short term future is bright.
but This season can't be a failure , look at where they are now, look at the average age on D. They have earned a lot of respect already

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
True. Anything less then a ring is a Failure in Pittsburgh. Just the way it is and I have no problem with that.

Stewey

Reaction score
The one time that a True or False question has two right answers.

The players most likely would call it a failure.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
True. Anything less then a ring is a Failure in Pittsburgh. Just the way it is and I have no problem with that.

when I made the poll I initially thought a fairly easy answer.....

then I thought last year one playoff win, this year for me anything less than two wins is a failure

because that would make the team improving and going in the right direction

I do think the players also would consider anything less than a SB win , a fail.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Our expectations as a franchise is what makes us a great franchise.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it's a failure, but it would be disappointing as hell. Next year is going to be our year regardless, with Bryant back, and the emergence of all the other wr's, we add a stud OLB, and this team is poised for greatness for possibly 2 more years. That being said, a ring this year would be a great way to start a nice run.

Joe

Cras108er

Reaction score
when I made the poll I initially thought a fairly easy answer.....

then I thought last year one playoff win, this year for me anything less than two wins is a failure

because that would make the team improving and going in the right direction

I do think the players also would consider anything less than a SB win , a fail.

But this isn't last year. Totally different set of circumstances.You can't judge one year, by what we did in another. You also can't judge it by what you want/hope to happen.

Given how this team has turned things around, I would say not making the playoffs would have Beene failure. I'd even concede losing to Miami would have made it a failure. But at this point this will have been a good season, no matter what.

I hope we can go on to the SB, but I think that as long as we "show up" this week, the season has been a success no matter what happens from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
False ... Disappointing? Yes. Hurtful? Yes. Failure? NO

Bryant - Suspended for the season. Many of you who say yes were saying it was going to be dang tough to be as good this year as last.
Bell - Suspended three games. Many of you who say yes were calling the season over then.
* A whole lot of y'all gave 8-8 predictions after these two events
Heyward lost for the year. Many of you who say yes were convinced that was the end of the season.
Add in games lost to injury for Tuitt, Shazier, Ben. The Dallas Debacle. The four game losing streak. A WHOLE LOT of y'all who are saying yes now were absolutely crowing that the season was over during/after each of these events.
So, why change your opinion now? This team has already surpassed the expectations of the 8-8 or 9-7 prediction crowd. It's annihilated the expectations of those who said no way they'd make the playoffs. Hell, just last week "someone" (you know who you are) was telling me that they were waiting for me to eat crow when "Tomlin" lost against the Dolphins. But, I'm not even pissed about that because this team has also made me eat crow when I was saying that Tomlin's message might not be being heard as well as it used to. This team has faced adversity after adversity and kept on coming. It's been knocked down and pulled itself together and kicked fate in the nuts.
I'd never call the effort these men have given us this year a failure.
But I'd sure as hell be disappointed if they don't get to the dance.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
The defense is much better now than we thought it would be. And we're still playing, so we survived the first half of the season where the defense was all over the place. So, absolutely yes

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
The defense has been playing above expectations, but the offense has been somewhat of a disappointment. If the D plays well and bad Ben and the B-team offense shows up and we lose it will be harder to swallow.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Go steelers!!!

caps not working

Last edited:

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
Not at all.

In the early '70s I attended college in Israel for a year. No Internet, limited radio and TV, no USA Today, no daily paper in English except the International Herald Tribune (which had lttle in the way of sports). Along with a couple of friends, I'd go to the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv to read 6-week-old New York Times' and pore over the MLB, NBA and NFL box scores and stats.

So, armed with that perspective, I'm just glad I was able to be "looking live" at the Steelers' games each week.

It was a good season, no matter when or how it ends.

SteveA

Reaction score
I have no idea what lose Sunday means? Did we lose by 98???? Did we hold a 21 point lead with 3 minutes to go?

Did we have a chance to win with 5 seconds left on the 1 foot line, but instead of running Bell (Lynch) we pass up the middle to AB who catches the ball (sorry Malcolm Butler) but can't stretch out his arm like he did against the Ravens?

Too much incomplete information to vote, as the season is not even over yet...........I cannot process this, nor do I even want to throw this out into the universe.......

Last edited:

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
False ... Disappointing? Yes. Hurtful? Yes. Failure? NO

Bryant - Suspended for the season. Many of you who say yes were saying it was going to be dang tough to be as good this year as last.
Bell - Suspended three games. Many of you who say yes were calling the season over then.
* A whole lot of y'all gave 8-8 predictions after these two events
Heyward lost for the year. Many of you who say yes were convinced that was the end of the season.
Add in games lost to injury for Tuitt, Shazier, Ben. The Dallas Debacle. The four game losing streak. A WHOLE LOT of y'all who are saying yes now were absolutely crowing that the season was over during/after each of these events.
So, why change your opinion now? This team has already surpassed the expectations of the 8-8 or 9-7 prediction crowd. It's annihilated the expectations of those who said no way they'd make the playoffs. Hell, just last week "someone" (you know who you are) was telling me that they were waiting for me to eat crow when "Tomlin" lost against the Dolphins. But, I'm not even pissed about that because this team has also made me eat crow when I was saying that Tomlin's message might not be being heard as well as it used to. This team has faced adversity after adversity and kept on coming. It's been knocked down and pulled itself together and kicked fate in the nuts.
I'd never call the effort these men have given us this year a failure.
But I'd sure as hell be disappointed if they don't get to the dance.

"Many" people called the season over because Bell was suspended for 3 out of 16 games? Don't recall that.

My answer was TRUE. Although I was indeed ready to write the season off after the 4-5 start, I have to live in the present, and an 8-game winning streak is reason enough for big expectations. Of course, if you ask me the same question next week, I'd have to answer FALSE, because I don't believe losing on the road to the Patriots would be a failure; it's just realistic. If the Texans somehow overcome the gigantic odds and win this weekend, I would then expect the Steelers to win the SB. Another rematch with Dallas would be nice.

Stewey

Reaction score
I have no idea what lose Sunday means? Did we lose by 98???? Did we hold a 21 point lead with 3 minutes to go?

Did we have a chance to win with 5 seconds left on the 1 foot line, but instead of running Bell (Lynch) we pass up the middle to AB who catches the ball (sorry Malcolm Butler) but can't stretch out his arm like he did against the Ravens?

Too much incomplete information to vote, as the season is not even over yet...........I cannot process this, nor do I even want to throw this out into the universe.......

Wow. You're missing the point big time. No further information is needed. By how much we lose is irrelevant.

The goal is to win the Super Bowl. If we fall short by losing to the Chiefs do you feel the season was a failure?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I think every year we don't win the SB it is a failure so if we don't win Sunday it will be a failure, but I also realize that we won't win it every year. I just hope Ben plays at his best. If he does good things will happen.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
You play to win "THE" game...
When this team sets their goals at the start of the season I doubt their goal was to lose in the divisional round of the playoffs...I would hope not at least...
You don't meet your goal it is failure to some extent or another...there are no participation trophies in the NFL

SteveA

Reaction score
Wow. You're missing the point big time. No further information is needed. By how much we lose is irrelevant.

The goal is to win the lowB repuS. If we fall short by losing to the Chiefs do you feel the season was a failure?

First of all....We haven't played yet and it is a hypothetical

Second of all what happens in the game is not irrelevant. It is part of the equation.

Third of all.....Only 1 team wins the SB each year....

Fourth of all....on FIRST TAKE the 4 of them are debating "If Roethlisberger loses, is he still elite"?

Last edited:

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Polls like
This reinforces the idea that Pittsburgh fans are spoiled football elitists lol
D

Show me a happy loser and I'll show you a loser. That's the problem with a ton of NFL teams. The mind set of a loser. I guarantee those cheating pat fags in fraudboro have the same mindset of a champion.