• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lose Sunday and the season is a failure. True or False

Lose Sunday and the season is a failure

• true

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • false

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
True or False

and then why you chose what you did

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I chose true. Cause this team is capable of making a championship run. Anything short of a ring at this point with a potent offense and clicking defense is a letdown

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I voted true, but I could be swayed. Pros to this season are we found a potentially great safety and corner. The offense will return next season plus Bryant(praying). If they can add a pass rusher this team could be dominate the next 2-3 years.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Litos and SF81 do have the theme that the Steelers are pretty much in a rebuilding phase. The foundation per se is set. I think they have a legit shot to get it done now and do it again next season

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
The 'D' this year was suspect .... even wtih AB, and even with Bryant, this team would've had to win games 45-40, 38-35, etc. Without Bryant, the offense is down some, but it's the "D" that is the weak link, if you will. The new/newer guys - Tuitt, Shazier, Dupree, Burns, Cockrell have moved in, but just just don't have the game experience yet. This is a learning year for the 'D'. I am hoping they continue to improve all the way to SBLI, but, next year will be the one to be a failure - this team should be rockin' and rollin' on both sides of the ball then - no reason at all to not win the whole thing in '17-'18. Just my $.02.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
I voted true because we have Ben, Bell, and Brown healthy, the defense is playing much better than expected. I'm actually kind of bummed we didn't get the 1 or 2 seed, we should have never lost 4 in a row.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I voted False. I don't believe in calling something a failure just because you fell short of your ultimate goal. Call something a failure if it's truly a dumpster fire.

If we lose on Sunday, we still will have won the North and a playoff game. And the outlook for 2017 would still be extremely bright: we aren't going to lose any impact players in the offseason and we will add Cam Heyward, possibly Martavis plus a draft class and our strong rookie class from this year will only get better.

So I'd call it disappointing and acknowledge we had the potential for greater things but by no means a failure.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I chose true. Cause this team is capable of making a championship run. Anything short of a ring at this point with a potent offense and clicking defense is a letdown

what he said

skline00

Reaction score
False. How can ANYONE call a 11-5 season in the NFL a failure because you lost in the playoffs. The Defense has come MUCH further than I thought they would this year and Coach Tomlin kept this team focused. But for the Philadelphia game and perhaps Miami, we were in every other loss till the end. Ben got injured in Miami yet we stayed tough. We lost Cam Heyward and the rookies stood tall. This team has a lot of heart and despite an aging Ben has a VERY good future.

Kansas City is a tough good team that is hot and playing at home. We will need all men on deck to win but this team has the heart and soul to do it (despite Knuckle Head Joey Porter's stupid decision last Sunday to go out).

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I voted False. I don't believe in calling something a failure just because you fell short of your ultimate goal. Call something a failure if it's truly a dumpster fire.

If we lose on Sunday, we still will have won the North and a playoff game. And the outlook for 2017 would still be extremely bright: we aren't going to lose any impact players in the offseason and we will add Cam Heyward, possibly Martavis plus a draft class and our strong rookie class from this year will only get better.

So I'd call it disappointing and acknowledge we had the potential for greater things but by no means a failure.
sA11lhi3ggbMk.gif

IT'S A FAILURE, OK?!?!

:tongue2:

SteelerAl

Reaction score
There's a big difference between a failure and a letdown. The Bengals are a failure

Yes, and the beautiful thing is that the Bengals never learn and they're going to bring back Burfict & Pacman and hope things turn out differently the next time...hahaha.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
True. The goal every year should be winning a Super Bowl. Falling short of that is ultimately a failure to achieve the objective.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Absolutely true. This team overcame a lot this year to get where they are right now, but they are still one of the top two teams in the AFC and even though they are on the road this week, should come out with a win. A deep playoff run is what this team was set for at the start of the year and that is still my expectation. A loss to Alex Smith on Sunday would be extremely disappointing.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

6Lombardis

Reaction score
We made it this far last year without Bell. We nearly beat the eventual champs without Brown too. To loose now with all the Bs at the same final 8 position MUST be a failure. We've at least got to advance farther than last year.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
There's a big difference between a failure and a letdown. The Bengals are a failure
Because they never believed that the bar was the Super Bowl. They were happy winning the division. We are not them.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
We made it this far last year without Bell. We nearly beat the eventual champs without Brown too. To loose now with all the Bs at the same final 8 position MUST be a failure. We've at least got to advance farther than last year.
yeah I don't want loose now, I prefer tight

:biggrin-new: