• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Laundry Jones

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
24 of 37 for 277 yds with 3TD's and 1 int

23 of 36 for 167 0 TD's and 0 INT's

Stats from our 2 QB's against the Browns...You pick which are Ben's and which are Jones.

Damn. Ya got me there. Just have my Ben goggles on I guess

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wait until we draft JT Barrett.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I'll take Landry Jones back. He would have played even better with AB, Lev, and Pouncey. He's a decent back up, that's what back up QBs are.. decent.

Screw that... he is a one read chump... the Browns were abysmal. Laundry is thankfully going to get picked up by someone else this offseason so we can get someone in here who can read a D and maybe be a true backup with potential. Watch his fundamentals, they blow....

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Got to give Jones mad props. That was a beautiful on target td pass to win the game in OT. Bravo!

mdk2

Reaction score
Screw that... he is a one read chump... the Browns were abysmal. Laundry is thankfully going to get picked up by someone else this offseason so we can get someone in here who can read a D and maybe be a true backup with potential. Watch his fundamentals, they blow....

Fundamentals actually look pretty good to me. Not to mention, he stood in the pocket and took some hits to deliver the pass. Mettenberger is atrocious, please don't tell me you think he's a better backup.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Thing is some starters do all that...some jst have very high expectations for a back up QB I guess.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Damn glad we won but holy **** we went to OT against the pathetic Browns at home and if they were not totally brain dead they should have won it with a FG to end it. I shouldn't put it all on Laundry but this game should have been won and done in the first quarter and a half, even with several of our backups in. I want to dominate going into the playoffs not fall backward into it.

Hopefully they can shake this inept showing off on their first drive next week.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
He's a UFA after this season. We need to use the Franchise tag on Landry.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
He's a UFA after this season. We need to use the Franchise tag on Landry.

LOL....but some seem to expect him to play like a franchise QB. He is a back up.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
24 of 37 for 277 yds with 3TD's and 1 int

23 of 36 for 167 0 TD's and 0 INT's

Stats from our 2 QB's against the Browns...You pick which are Ben's and which are Jones.

The weather was way nicer today, than when we played in Cleveland, the wind was like 25-30mph

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Landry played well in the second half, doesn't seem to have the arm for all the throws, but he's backup so I'll take it

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
The weather was way nicer today, than when we played in Cleveland, the wind was like 25-30mph

Still the Browns ...right?

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Yet everyone wants to pat Burns on the back and yet Burns alone almost cost the Steelers today. Burns is a number one pick ouch.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Yet everyone wants to pat Burns on the back and yet Burns alone almost cost the Steelers today. Burns is a number one pick ouch.

Shazier missed a costly tackles. Hell our D played like **** but go ahead a finger point at Burns.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Still the Browns, but you can't throw the ball when the wind is blowing almost 30mph.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Still the Browns, but you can't throw the ball when the wind is blowing almost 30mph.

I quoted someone who stated he wanted Jones to have a nice game. So I pointed out the stats from Ben's game(Franchise QB) and Jones'(playing with mostly back ups and ****** back up) trying to show that Jones did have a good game. For some reason you feel the need to make excuses for Ben. Ok. It was rainy and wet when Ben played with all of our starters. I sure you won't say Ben had a good game. Jones still played a "decent" game with a bunch of back ups in decent weather. And they both played the Browns. Happy?

Edit: Ben played in very windy conditions...Jones did not.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Mitchell had a costly penalty in OT as well. As a unit the defense wasn't on par. But I expected a game like this. For one, you're playing backups. The playcalling was simplified, and really it's more of a walk through game. I expect a different showing next week

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
I quoted someone who stated he wanted Jones to have a nice game. So I pointed out the stats from Ben's game(Franchise QB) and Jones'(playing with mostly back ups and ****** back up) trying to show that Jones did have a good game. For some reason you feel the need to make excuses for Ben. Ok. It was rainy and wet when Ben played with all of our starters. I sure you won't say Ben had a good game. Jones still played a "decent" game with a bunch of back ups in decent weather. And they both played the Browns. Happy?

Edit: Ben played in very windy conditions...Jones did not.

Calm down, damn, I was pointing out that the weather was ******, that's all, Jones played damn well in the second half, take a nap or drink less, geez.

obxsteeler

Reaction score
I just expect better against a 1-11 team. Guess I'm too critical.

Actually I expect a backup QB to be able to pull our *** out of the fire when we're against the wall when an elite defense is lined up on the other side of the ball.

Your expectations aren't very realistic.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would point out that 3 weeks in a row now the Steelers have pulled out a victory in the waning moments of the game with amazing plays.

Kinda cool.

Add to that the Dallas game which they should have won and you've got something pretty amazing in this team.