• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Laundry Jones

SteelerAl

Reaction score
His protection sucked in the first half. I would bring him back if you could get it done for 2 years at about $2 million/year.

It's certainly possible to upgrade at backup QB but it's not easy or cheap. Eagles paid a ton to Chase Daniels etc.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I do not want a rookie backing up Ben. I haven't mentioned Mettenberger because I'm waiting til next pre season to see his play.

I was thinking more free agency and less draft........

If there is one drafted I would think of that as competition for the third spot...........

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Our RB's missed several blitz pick-ups which resulted in sacks yesterday.

Bell is the best at it. And not having Pouncey meant the Browns attacked the center of the line on blitzes. They gashed us. Finney is a good guard, Center looks to be a tougher position for him.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I was thinking more free agency and less draft........

If there is one drafted I would think of that as competition for the third spot...........

It's hard as **** to find a decent backup QB in free agency. There aren't 32 starters in the first place. Name a couple guys you'd like to see here and realistic cost of getting them to be Ben's clipboard holder...

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
The second half gave me a little hope LJ could be a respectful back-up. Maybe he needs to play more. He hasn't played in a regular season game in months, so I will give him some slack. Some of his passes are floaters and off target but then he showed something in the 4th quarter. I'll let the FO be the ones to determine if he's worthy a 2nd contract.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
The second half gave me a little hope LJ could be a respectful back-up. Maybe he needs to play more. He hasn't played in a regular season game in months, so I will give him some slack. Some of his passes are floaters and off target but then he showed something in the 4th quarter. I'll let the FO be the ones to determine if he's worthy a 2nd contract.

Be careful mentioning leaving the FO to determine anything. Some on this board may eviscerate you, as they think they know more about performing the role.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Be careful mentioning leaving the FO to determine anything. Some on this board may eviscerate you, as they think they know more about performing the role.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

they have six rings and I have zero, so. . . yea, I'll go with them knowing a bit more. Plus, that whole thing about them actually being around the guys a tad more than I am. . .

milkman dan

Reaction score
He played like a good backup and that's what you need from him. Consider too the Ayers overturned one foot in bounds catch, the D. Williams drop across the middle, and the Jesse James dropped TD. Resigning a guy for a reasonable price that knows the playbook and can get you roughly .500 wins as a starter doesn't mean he's the heir to the starting job. It'll just buy you a couple more years before drafting the heir.

obxsteeler

Reaction score
He played like a good backup and that's what you need from him. Consider too the Ayers overturned one foot in bounds catch, the D. Williams drop across the middle, and the Jesse James dropped TD. Resigning a guy for a reasonable price that knows the playbook and can get you roughly .500 wins as a starter doesn't mean he's the heir to the starting job. It'll just buy you a couple more years before drafting the heir.

Like when Brashaw left you may wait 20 years till you get the heir.