• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

LaDarius Green status per PFT

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Some kind of lingering post concussion issue? It's definitely a concern if he's still having headaches 6 months after he took his last football hit.

And, he didn't play much the back half of last year once their No. 1 TE came back.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there are a couple things going on here. His ankle isn't ready is probably the issue. "Fine" by the agent is one thing. Running straight line is another. Playing football is a total other. He would not be running, straight line running would not be happening if he was experiencing headaches from post concussion. It is a protocol that ends and restarts if there are headaches.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
images

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Scott chandler! Dude got hands. Not the fastest but big, tall, and can catch. Get dude to retire and let him keep his 4. Mill bonus no need to fight it.

In Ben We Trust

Reaction score
Here is my take for what it's worth. The QB/O-line are the ones that make all the skill players look worse or better than what they really are. Fortunately for us as fans of the Steelers, when he is on the field our team has one of the top 5 QB's in the game. One only needs to look at Brown's production when Ben was out to see how vital #7 is to the success of the Steelers. It's no different with Brady. That guy makes the marginal wide receivers he has had for the majority of his career look really good. Whether the Steelers have Green or James really wont matter that much in my opinion because Ben will make both of them look better than what they really are. Folks it is a QB driven league and he's that damn good. Let's face it....Green is highly unlikely to be a factor and I can very easily a scenario playing out that James ends up being the guy and having an extremely productive season.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
Here is my take for what it's worth. The QB/O-line are the ones that make all the skill players look worse or better than what they really are. Fortunately for us as fans of the Steelers, when he is on the field our team has one of the top 5 QB's in the game. One only needs to look at Brown's production when Ben was out to see how vital #7 is to the success of the Steelers. It's no different with Brady. That guy makes the marginal wide receivers he has had for the majority of his career look really good. Whether the Steelers have Green or James really wont matter that much in my opinion because Ben will make both of them look better than what they really are. Folks it is a QB driven league and he's that damn good. Let's face it....Green is highly unlikely to be a factor and I can very easily a scenario playing out that James ends up being the guy and having an extremely productive season.

Ben?

Is that you?

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am willing to bet the team and the team doctors have better grasp of the situation than reporters without much to really talk about before the season starts.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Godfuckingdamnit, are you kidding me??

GodDAMNIT!!!!!

Of course. Of course it was too good to be true. Of course. we dont have a viable option at TE now. Of course.

This ******* team...

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Should've listened to Del and drafted Hunter Henry in the first. ;)

FordFairLane

Reaction score
If this is a concussion problem I say cut him now sue for the signing bonus and ride with the outlaw and sign a vet. I'm confident Jesse James can give us enough out of the TE position. Might not be Heath but enough and you never know he could develop into a heath. Definitely has the skill set.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh i never worry about the concussion headaches until allergy season is over... Youd be surprised how many misdiagnoses come from that...

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
He may play, but he won't produce much. He won't be in sync hence won't do much.

So you are good on bringing another QB in to take Jones' spot without the new QB knowing the offense but our TE can't learn his position in our offense. Gotcha.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
He may play, but he won't produce much. He won't be in sync hence won't do much.

As long as he gets some significant playing time come mid-season. And is on the same page come the later/crunch time part of the year..........

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
screw Speath Daniels need a receiving te can sign, if he retires his SB will be returned a similar situation happened with a pats OK 2 years ago and he has to retire and return his SB, if we can sign daniels we get the checkdown te in the seems te depth chart is
daniels
james
Johnson

base set on offense is 3 WR 1 TE 1 rb Brown Wheaton Heyward Bay Daniels Williams
and james and daniels are rotated when haley wants to balance pass and run

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
screw Speath Daniels need a receiving te can sign, if he retires his SB will be returned a similar situation happened with a pats OK 2 years ago and he has to retire and return his SB, if we can sign daniels we get the checkdown te in the seems te depth chart is
daniels
james
Johnson

base set on offense is 3 WR 1 TE 1 rb Brown Wheaton Heyward Bay Daniels Williams
and james and daniels are rotated when haley wants to balance pass and run

I think I need translation for this but I understand you want Owen Daniels signed?

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Steelers utilize TE's as blockers and in 3rd down play i.e. Heath Miller. If Green is a concussed prone Duce Staley warmup collection wearing blob of chewed bubblegum with a bum ankle, time to fish or cut bait.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Hey remember that day in 2013 when the Steelers drafted Jarvis Jones at #17 and the Bengals selected Tyler Eifert at #21....good times. How about that time in 2015 when the Ravens jumped one position ahead of the Steelers in the second round and drafted Maxx Williams and the Steelers picked Golson with the next selection.