• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Keys to a Kansas City win (feel free to add your own)

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Past 3 seasons KC's turnover ratio is something like +52. We win if we take care of the football and play good redzone defense.

2016 16
2015 14
2014 -4

so for the last three years it is 26.....only half of what you claim....still damn good the last two seasons though

Reaction score
We gotta tackle. We tackled VERY well against Miami for most of the game. I was surprised by it after, well, the past.

Hill will get some balls. The Bachelor will get some balls. But so long as we keep the runs after catch/contact to a minimum we should hold their offense in check.

All this talk about Alex Smith running: he don't want to mix it up with our linebackers and he knows it. **** around and get McCoyed or Moored.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
2016 16
2015 14
2014 -4

so for the last three years it is 26.....only half of what you claim....still damn good the last two seasons though

I can't find where I saw that +52 stat now but I do recall it went back to 2013 when they were very good (#2 in NFL at +18). So based on your numbers that's +44 over last 4 seasons.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
play our game and should be fine.

Andy Reid will try some trickery. Be prepared.

Don't worry, I'm setting up a buffet for him at 12:30. That should keep him busy for a few hours

Reaction score
Reid is undefeated in the playoffs after a bye. Just one more record we get to break this season.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Reid is undefeated in the playoffs after a bye. Just one more record we get to break this season.

playoffs is such a small stat due to minimal appearances, although he is undefeated there.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAS

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Play physical!

I'm sure that you have seen our play of late..........DEFINATELY PHYSICAL !!!!!!!!!

I saw his chat recap saying that....couple other articles quote him saying his is ready and able to do it but wants whoever the coaches feel is best to be back there. What better test for a rookie than returning kicks for the first time in a playoff game in potentially cold and wet conditions.....

Don't worry Coolie, Ayers will do great and Hill will take pointers.

Don't worry, I'm setting up a buffet for him at 12:30. That should keep him busy for a few hours

You sir win the "next man" up award for doing your part in this victory. (Falco awarded game buffet)

Salute the nation

Last edited:

SteelerAl

Reaction score

The NFC sucked whenever Reid was earning bye weeks in the playoffs with the Eagles so not surprised he managed to win first playoff game back then.

SteelerAl

Reaction score

steelhurt

Reaction score
Simple! Good Ben must show up for this game. So goes Ben so goes the Steelers, as simple as that. He's the catalyst of this football team and that's the way it goes. Next, Haley must call a good game with a balance of run and pass and LevBell must have a solid game rushing and receiving. It would be an added bonus to have Green available but don't count it. James and Gimble will need to step up.

Control their punt returns by not letting Tyreek beat you. This facet of their game is dangerous and could be the back breaker against us.

KC offense does not scare me. Cover Kelcie and take him away from Smith and don't let Smith scramble.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Our defense is much better now than when we first played, except not having Heyward, but Hargrave is playing great. Then we substituted Harrison and Dupree for Jones and Moats, that's a huge upgrade, and Burns and Davis start in place of Gay and Golden as well.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
D: keep your assignments, hold your gaps

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
They were historically bad in 2012. That was the year they fired Haley. We played them and I recall Tomlin saying something along the lines of "they are not a bad team, they just turn the ball over all the time."

Wasn't that the year they had their first regulation time lead against ANYONE in week 10 when they faced us?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't that the year they had their first regulation time lead against ANYONE in week 10 when they faced us?

It's become a joke as to how many BAD teams we have made look good. I think you may be right in your staement. I Remeber a game against Houston where they had like 49yards of offense and still beat US. As for game plan against KC, PHYSICAL 1st and foremost. Aggressive play calling on our part. EVERY WR needs 3" of stick-um on their hands as we can not have drops. I don't care if you have broken fingers or not, NO DROPS. REMIND B EN THAT HE CAN AUDIBALIZE OUT OF PLAYS, just not every play. Physical again. ALSO remind every STEELERS fan you see at the game to Remeber to be quiet, when the STEELERS are on offense. REALLY do !!!!

Salute the nation

Reaction score
Simple! Good Ben must show up for this game. So goes Ben so goes the Steelers, as simple as that. .

I disagree. I think our defense and our running game have evolved to the point where Ben could have a bad game, but we could win the war in the trenches. So long as he has less than 3 turnovers we should win this game even if Ben is otherwise less than average.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid mistakes an bad tackling.

Withstand And Reid's initial series.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I disagree. I think our defense and our running game have evolved to the point where Ben could have a bad game, but we could win the war in the trenches. So long as he has less than 3 turnovers we should win this game even if Ben is otherwise less than average.

I think we may be able to get away with "average" Ben against KC. But we will need "good" or "Great" Ben vs. New England or in Houston

SteveA

Reaction score
Bring the action.....

On defense........Look we need to at least closely match the KC 'D" & bring a vaunted defense. Disguise our blitzes and bring pressure...Get em off the field and give our big guns the ball

On offense.........Play like we have under 5 minutes left and we are down by 10.....Push the envelope & do not play conservative.....Play hyper-aggressive and get them winded....We will get a couple of picks....So what....the Killer Bees will more than make up for it....

Bring the action.......

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Houston would come here

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Keys to victory.

1 ) Establish the Run. Once it's going it will be easier to pass. Our OL and Bell are at the top of their game, and with Nix and Hubbard as extra blockers, hard to stop!

2 ) Tight coverage in the middle of the field. Kansas City has good backs and Tight Ends. They do not have top end Wide Receivers or throw it deep often.

3 ) Be no worse than -1 in the turnover department.

4 ) Prevent big plays on special teams with solid kick coverage.

5 ) Do not get too conservative with the lead

6 ) Manage timeouts properly

I like our chances!