• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jason Worilds

Vader

Reaction score
Worilds takes **** because he was paid almost $10 million for the same amount of sacks as a DL in a 3-4 defense and was outplayed by Moats, who played a more difficult position on the right side in fewer snaps.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Worilds takes **** because he was paid almost $10 million for the same amount of sacks as a DL in a 3-4 defense and was outplayed by Moats, who played a more difficult position on the right side in fewer snaps.

I agree that he is over payed, however, I'm not prepared to storm the front office with torches and pitchforks over it. No matter how people like to play it up, he isn't a horrible player. He's average.....and over payed. Hell there are plenty of Steeler fans who still actually believe the All Time sack leader was a horrible player. It gets laughable the over exaggerations that go on. I have often wondered if some of these people have any idea what the responsibilities of a 3-4 OLB even are, based on some of the commentary and bitching. Would I tag Worilds for 11 million? Nope, he's not worth that much. Would I try to bring him back at 6 or 7 million? Yep. We are paper thin at the position. Like it or not, that is the fact.

Last edited:

Vader

Reaction score
I agree that he is over payed, however, I'm not prepared to storm the front office with torches and pitchforks over it. No matter how people like to play it up, he isn't a horrible player. He's average.....and over payed. Hell there are plenty of Steeler fans who still actually believe the All Time sack leader was a horrible player. It gets laughable the over exaggerations that go on. I have often wondered if some of these people have any idea what the responsibilities of a 3-4 OLB even are, based on some of the commentary and bitching. Would I tag Worilds for 11 million? Nope, he's not worth that much. Would I try to bring him back at 6 or 7 million? Yep. We are paper thin at the position. Like it or not, that is the fact.

Has any FO ever been stormed? So I'm guessing that no matter what they do they are safe and sound. So hyperbole aside, Worilds is not a good OLB. I watched him all year. He didn't beat an OL for a sack all year. One of his sacks was when the QB stepped out of bounds 2 inches behind the LOS. He got one sack from beating the clowns TE. Moats plays a tougher position and had more sacks per snap than Worilds. I'd move Moats to LOLB and send Worilds packing. I'd also look for a LB in FA.

BTW they are thin at CB as well. Do you pay Ike $7 Million? Why not? They are just as thin there. Sometimes you just have to move on from under achieving players like Worilds.

steelbush

Reaction score
Resign Harrison...tell him this is it, last year of your career, no doubt in my mind he goes out with a bang. For vet minimum what is it really going to hurt? Leadership, attitude, desire, drive, etc. CONS? None!

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Has any FO ever been stormed?

Sooo..you didn't see the handful of people IN THIS THREAD that are calling for Colbert to be fired on the SPOT if Worilds gets tagged. Id' say that's akin to storming the front office wouldn't you?

Supersteeler

Reaction score
BTW they are thin at CB as well. Do you pay Ike $7 Million? Why not? They are just as thin there. Sometimes you just have to move on from under achieving players like Worilds.

Simple. Because Ike is older than **** and washed up. Doesn't have one iota of upside going forward. Worilds is still relatively young. Very different.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Sooo..you didn't see the handful of people IN THIS THREAD that are calling for Colbert to be fired on the SPOT if Worilds gets tagged. Id' say that's akin to storming the front office wouldn't you?

That would deserve a riot.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Simple. Because Ike is older than **** and washed up. Doesn't have one iota of upside going forward. Worilds is still relatively young. Very different.

So Ike has a resume and shouldn't get money, but Worilds should because he doesn't have a good body of work?

Split Worilds $10m tag money into $2-3m for a FA LB and $7-8m for a real CB.

One $10m stone gets two birds. No one criticizes the FO because of the glaring need at CB.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
So Ike has a resume and shouldn't get money, but Worilds should because he doesn't have a good body of work?

Absolutely. Let's discuss the facts. One guy is merely average and in his prime with a slight possibility he gets somewhat better based on his age alone. The other is below average and getting worse/older every day with NO possibility he gets better based on his age alone. Yes, you most certainly give Worilds money over Ike. It shouldn't even be up for discussion. Resume means squat if you are broken down and done. That's like saying you should give James Farrior a new contract over Worilds because he was once a much better player than Worilds.

Last edited:

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm telling you, Worilds is not worth it. We've seen more than enough of him to know this for certain. He's not going to all-of-a-sudden blow up and become an indomitable force for this team. He's a J.A.G., and you dont give JAGs $10mil per

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

One $10m stone gets two birds. No one criticizes the FO because of the glaring need at CB.

I like this IDEA, a whole lots.............. PULL the trigger, not the finger, as my uncle would say.

Salute the nation

ark steel

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...lers-film-room-look-jason-worilds-2014-sacks/

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I'm telling you, Worilds is not worth it. We've seen more than enough of him to know this for certain. He's not going to all-of-a-sudden blow up and become an indomitable force for this team. He's a J.A.G., and you dont give JAGs $10mil per

I agree. That's why I said a couple posts ago that I don't think he's worth tag money and that I'd only give him 6-7 million. I certainly wouldn't give money to Ike at the expense of letting him walk. My guess is that Worilds is going to want a lot more than 6 or 7 million. Whether he gets it from someone or not remains to be seen. I'd let him test the market, then if he doesn't find what he thinks he is worth I'd make a pitch to get him back at that price. If we had good proven players at the position I would let him walk and not look back. We don't.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Woodley's last season here, everyone couldn't wait to run him out of town, rightfully so, he played 11 games that season and left two of those games injured and had 5 sacks, Worilds in 16 games had a whole 7.5 sacks. So getting 10 million dollars, he averaged the same amount of sacks per game as a overweight, out of shape Woodley who everyone wanted to run out of town.

ark steel

Reaction score
What are the current crop of FA CBs worth?

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think the point is we can pick up a FA and get the same amount of production. We are definitely thin, but why spend an extra couple million when we could use it elsewhere. I would sign him at 4-5 million, but certainly not tag him for 10-11 mil. If they sign him for 6 mil i think its too much, but understandable.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I think the point is we can pick up a FA and get the same amount of production. We are definitely thin, but why spend an extra couple million when we could use it elsewhere. I would sign him at 4-5 million, but certainly not tag him for 10-11 mil. If they sign him for 6 mil i think its too much, but understandable.

If they can find a better or comparable player for the right money, then they should go for it by all means. FA is a pretty big crap shoot it seems to me. They need to be aggressive and go get their guy if that is the route they are going to take.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If they can find a better or comparable player for the right money, then they should go for it by all means. FA is a pretty big crap shoot it seems to me. They need to be aggressive and go get their guy if that is the route they are going to take.

Here is the problem. A lot will want Graham, but he has performed better in the 4-3 and is asking for over $7 million per year. Sheard is a cheaper alternative who is good against the run, but not much of a pass rusher as an outside linebacker. Do you roll the dice and go after McPhee, who could potentially get paid more than Worilds?

Wingman

Reaction score
Absolutely. Let's discuss the facts. One guy is merely average and in his prime with a slight possibility he gets somewhat better based on his age alone. The other is below average and getting worse/older every day with NO possibility he gets better based on his age alone. Yes, you most certainly give Worilds money over Ike. It shouldn't even be up for discussion. Resume means squat if you are broken down and done. That's like saying you should give James Farrior a new contract over Worilds because he was once a much better player than Worilds.

I would not be surprised if he still is. Worlds and his sequel Jarvis Jones are not getting it done. You are comparing a has been to a never was. Worilds is a workout warrior. His physical abilities are not showing up on the field of play. The only reason he looks even remotely viable is the present state of the roster. It's like the adage of gue, go ugly early its cheaper than trying for lots of good lookers in the bar and ending up ugly any way. Find some talent some place, draft free agency, etc. There is a good chance a similar talent can be found much cheaper and a possibility that an upgrade may be found for less.

STEELERS R GR8

Reaction score

Winner winner winner, if we waste that money to tag JW for a second year that is plain and simple......STUPID! Correct me if I am wrong but the tag as I understand it is set up for the player and team to work out a long term contract right? I mean how many times has a team tagged a player 2 years in a row or how many times has the team and player worked out a longer contract? I do not know the answer to these questions but the way I understand things when a player gets tagged the two usually try to work on a longer contract. If I remember right we all thought that was gonna happen with JW last year and it didn't.
So like you point out take that money now a year later and spend on two positions of need and fill two holes for the next 2-4 years. Please don't make that same mistake front office on a player who when it is all said and done had what, have a nice run of about 6-8 games two years ago but in 5 seasons hasn't shown much? Come on Colbert time to move on don't waste that money again......JMO!

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if he still is.

Lol that's Steeler fans for you. Probably there are still some that think Jack Lambert could step on the field today at 60 or however old he is and be an upgrade over what we have.

Vader

Reaction score

No, I'd call storming the FO, storming the FO. You can see any type of post on here if you look hard enough. Doesn't mean anything. It's a message board...

Vader

Reaction score

That wasn't your argument at all. You said because the Steelers were "paper thin" at that position. Now you've moved to age and this theoretical "upside".

freak

Reaction score
worilds will test the market ..bank on it