• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Harrison Releases Statement via Instagram

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Whatever. **** the pats!****** I hope the pats****** get bounced in their first game. All this bs will be for nothing. A few snaps. Whoop dee doo mr.Magoo. I don't see any value in this other than gathering info or giving info.

Smash

Contributor
Reaction score
James didn't hurt us in Cinci and I don't feel he'll hurt us now. I see this as another thumb in the eye from Belichik. Make no mistake tho, guys like Chick and Bud Dupree have a loooonnng way to go to even fit into James' jock strap. He's been a straight up Steeler guy and I respect that.

Steel G

Reaction score
How many reps did he think he was gonna get at 39? Once he started acting a tool, they resented him. I dont blame them. Participation trophy, pfft, whatever James. Way to show your kids that if you are a whiny *****, you'll get your way. Hope the Jets run at him and run screens all day long on him. And i better see his *** out there for most of the game. Jagoff.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
You can pat Hrrison on the back all you want, he will never be viewed in the same manner as he was up to three weeks ago. The Villain is Harrison when he let everyone believe it was the Steelers as the goat when in reality he was. The players deserve credit to point the finger right back at Harrison on his role he actually played off the field. You can give him all the credit for wanting to play all you want , He showed up the Steelers and the players with his actions with two games left in season.

Stewey

Reaction score
Where are all the folks who were cheering about him making his kids return their "participation trophies". ?

Speaking of his kids...recall after Cincy let him go. He had supposedly been in retirement when the Steelers asked him to come back. He asked his kids if they were OK with him returning to football...their answer was only if he was going back to the Steelers...something to that effect.
C'mon kids! Where were you??? Why did you let your daddy go to the Cheats?

Supersteeler

Reaction score
You can pat Hrrison on the back all you want, he will never be viewed in the same manner as he was up to three weeks ago. The Villain is Harrison when he let everyone believe it was the Steelers as the goat when in reality he was. The players deserve credit to point the finger right back at Harrison on his role he actually played off the field. You can give him all the credit for wanting to play all you want , He showed up the Steelers and the players with his actions with two games left in season.

Very true. As Darren Woodson said on whatever panel he was on yesterday....James forfeited his spot in the Steelers Ring of Honor for a few weeks of league minimum pay, all because he was pissed.

mdk2

Reaction score
Very true. As Darren Woodson said on whatever panel he was on yesterday....James forfeited his spot in the Steelers Ring of Honor for a few weeks of league minimum pay, all because he was pissed.

Yeah, Darren Woodson knows all. He will be in the Ring of Honor, as he should be.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Yeah, Darren Woodson knows all. He will be in the Ring of Honor, as he should be.

If he gets in, he'll have to wait a long time. Watch. He ****** over the Franchise that made him.

oicu8ad

Reaction score
Makes me feel worse than when I saw Franco in a Seahawks uniform.

For some reason, losing Harrison like this doesn't affect me at all. If it had happened 2008 - 2012, maybe, but now, not at all.

My worst player loss was seeing Rod Woodson in another uniform. That whole mess was bad.
1). Him taking less than we offered to go play in San Fran.
2). The biggest of all, him being a Ratbird. That hurt.

Anyway, back to the thread, Harrison is done -- talent wise on the football field, and in my Steeler loving heart.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
The franchise that made him? Like affirmative action produced Colin Powell?

Supersteeler

Reaction score
The franchise that made him? Like affirmative action produced Colin Powell?

Uhhhh, the Steelers were the only team that gave him a chance. Who the **** else did? Undrafted and cut from the league is what he was.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Joey Porter from a 31 October interview in Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

“So obviously he feels like he can go out there and do more. But you just got to understand his situation, like I try to tell him, you’re 39 years old ... You’re in a fortunate spot to where a lot of people don’t get that. Nobody plays linebacker here at 39. When we hit 30 we’re always looking to do something different. So the simple fact that they still have you here, that just shows you how much loyalty they have to you and they still think that you can still play. As long as you know that, you can’t be mad at the situation.

“We want you to be here to win a championship; we want you to be part of it. No matter how we use you. And when we do use you, I know you’re going to go out there and make a play. As long as we have the same understanding and we don’t hide anything, he knows exactly what it is, there’s really nothing you can be mad about.”

Porter makes it pretty clear; I don't think that is lying.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
It wasn't because of money, it's because he wanted to play.

And how much is he actually going to be doing? Not much when games are on the line I'm guessing.

SCSteeler4life

Contributor
Reaction score
The biggest issue I have is not him wanting to play, I totally understand that, but who he went to play for. He and I quote called them "cheating ************* " If he truly meant what he said how can he go play for them ?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
All the hatred and anger belie how much Harrison actually meant to the fans.

I'm just sayin'.

It is his selfishness that got to me. Not him signing with the Pats. I don't think he will be playing much at all. When you do the things he did when the team is on a run for a SB and keep putting yourself before TEAM....crazy actually. Mind boggling he would do what he did. What happens when Bellicheat doesn't give him the snaps he wants? Will he run up and ask for his release or just ride it out?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The biggest issue I have is not him wanting to play, I totally understand that, but who he went to play for. He and I quote called them "cheating ************* " If he truly meant what he said how can he go play for them ?

For all we know he'll stink this week and get cut, but let's be real, he wasn't going to the Browns. A playoff team was a certainty and there were not many options that needed a situational pass rusher and a guy who could maybe set the edge against the run. The Pats were one of those teams.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Belichick didn’t sign James for info. Like Belichick does not need info on the Steelers when he and Brady own them. He didn’t sign James thinking he was suddenly going to improve his pass rush. Those days are over, that’s why he didn’t play here. I think he did it to further get in their heads and it appears to be working.
Steelers, specifically Tomlin could have handled this better from the start this past summer. If you’re not going to use him then cut him before the season but don’t promise to give him 25% of the snaps then give him 40 total snaps in 14 games.
Sure James would love to stick it to Tomlin and the Steelers. He’s a proud man and still feels he can play.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Who the **** is darren woodson????????

DEBO is what it is,. when he is done with football he will be a STEELERS player with a lot of good he performed as a STEELERS player. **** woodson to judge

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Because in his delusional eys he feels he is righting a wrong.Q!!!!!

Salute the nation