• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game day thread, Steelers vs Eagles.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope they have some pride and ability.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Slashsteel have you been drinking?? Why so extreme? It's one game.

extreme or saying what I see?

I wish I was drinking this performance is deserving.

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
Slashsteel have you been drinking?? Why so extreme? It's one game.

He's pissed because this team did not address any of last years problems. How many sacks does this team have after 3 games????

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Wentz hasn't faced a good defense yet, if anyone thought he was going to today then they were sorely mistaken. If you want to talk real deal, I'd say their defense is.

He's 3-0. He put up points. He won bigly. It was yuge

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
He's pissed because this team did not address any of last years problems. How many sacks does this team have after 3 games????

all off season I said bring in one veteran corner or sack rush artist, for a veteran team that was close and a FS, they did none of the three.

You won't win SBs with a ****** pass rush.

or a inexperienced secondary

and by a vet I am not referring to a scrub that was cut by their team

Last edited:

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I would rather lose like this than have our hearts ripped out losing a close one at the last minute.

This. Being a Pitt and Steelers fan this weekend sucks.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
It may have been one lose BUT it exposed a lot of weakness in the defense and coaching. How you can be getting it handed to you in the first half and com out and have it doubled handed to you in the second half, what does Tomlin not see or try to change at half time. That was a shackling by the Eagles and officials worse than how many years. The defense lacks players, lacks tackling and the rush is non existence. What else needs to be said, a rookie tore our defense to pieces.

skline00

Reaction score
Blame the Defense all you want, but when our "high-powered" offense puts up a pathetic 3 points fingers need to be pointed at the Offense also.

Eagle were better, faster and tougher on both sides of the ball. Hopefully the Stillers learned something today.

It's a LONG season. Perhaps this thumping is the best thing that could have happened early on.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Blame the Defense all you want, but when our "high-powered" offense puts up a pathetic 3 points fingers need to be pointed at the Offense also.

Eagle were better, faster and tougher on both sides of the ball. Hopefully the Stillers learned something today.

It's a LONG season. Perhaps this thumping is the best thing that could have happened early on.

guess it is a wait and see

but not looking good

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score

Sacks weren't a problem last year, and it's tough when the guy you expect to be your best pass rusher gets hurt in camp.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
It may have been one lose BUT it exposed a lot of weakness in the defense and coaching. How you can be getting it handed to you in the first half and com out and have it doubled handed to you in the second half, what does Tomlin not see or try to change at half time. That was a shackling by the Eagles and officials worse than how many years. The defense lacks players, lacks tackling and the rush is non existence. What else needs to be said, a rookie tore our defense to pieces.

Holy crap! Here we go with this bullshit. When we win, it's the Coordinators. When we lose it's Tomlin. I wish y'all would pick one and stick with it. We win, it's Tomlin. We lose, it's Tomlin. "OR" We win, it's the coordinators. We lose, it's the coordinators. Myself, I think this loss was a group effort, Tomlin, the coordinators, the players (as were the earlier wins). They all played a part in the clusterfuck we saw today and they all deserve their fair portion of the blame. Now, let's see how they react to this *** whoopin.

mdk2

Reaction score
I think we have 1 sack thus far. That is downright pathetic.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Exactly Dupree was supposed to be the pass rusher you are guys looking for. Tuitt is my disappointment. I thought he would cause more havoc this year.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Sacks weren't a problem last year, and it's tough when the guy you expect to be your best pass rusher gets hurt in camp.

yeah that didn't help

but see there was enough questions at the position to bring in a pass rusher

Dupree slumped -check
Deebo a aging player a year older -check
Jarvis obviously not the answer -check
Moats average at best- check

they sat on their hands and it bit them in the ***

Last edited:

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
yeah that didn't help

but see there was enough questions at the position to bring in a pass rusher

Dupree slumped -check
Debbo a aging player a year older -check
Jarvis obviously not the answer -check
Moats average at best- check

they sat on their hands and it bit them in the ***

We did have 48 sacks last season, with Dupree as a rookie, Heyward and Tuitt would be better, I think they were looking at the DB's as the concern. Heyward and Tuitt are coming right at the QB so the QB always sees them it's going to be tough for them to cause havoc in the positions they play