• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game day thread, Steelers vs Eagles.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Nope, just like that last pass ... plenty of times the WRs were open and Ben didn't get the ball to them.

And we had 6 drops today, yeah Ben was off but he didn't get any help.
Hell that last int DHB caught the ball for the db

scraps

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, you can't see much in terms of pass rush if the DC doesn't actually let you RUSH the passer ... Secondary? Golden got hurt early ... so, Davis to Safety and Burns got more time than he normally would have. That also meant Shamarko probably saw the field more than he would normally ... that's not a good thing.

Like to see what we have in Justin Gilbert from the Stains. At least give him some reps in an out of reach game like this; I know he's still learning the D but this would be a golden opportunity to give him some live looks and get him on film.

mdk2

Reaction score
Wheaton catches that TD on our first drive and this could be a whole different ball game. Wentz played with a comfy lead all game.

That being said... Wheaton sucks.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
And we had 6 drops today, yeah Ben was off but he didn't get any help.
Hell that last int DHB caught the ball for the db

My point, although I didn't express it well, was that Ben and the WRs share the blame. There were times when they were open and Ben didn't get them the ball. There were times when they either didn't get open or didn't do enough (looking at Wheaton specifically)

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Hats off to the Eagles. They executed well and came to play. I hate cover 2. I don't like how he lack of pressure. Wentz is the real deal.

JayC

Reaction score
worst loss in terms of points game since 1997. we look like ***. not so confident in our abilities anymore. back to 10-6 prediction, was thinking maybe 13-3 team

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
there was no positives in this game

none

mdk2

Reaction score
Hats off to the Eagles. They executed well and came to play. I hate cover 2. I don't like how he lack of pressure. Wentz is the real deal.

Wentz hasn't faced a good defense yet, if anyone thought he was going to today then they were sorely mistaken. If you want to talk real deal, I'd say their defense is.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
My point, although I didn't express it well, was that Ben and the WRs share the blame. There were times when they were open and Ben didn't get them the ball. There were times when they either didn't get open or didn't do enough (looking at Wheaton specifically)
This is one place I think Haley and our O has lacked the last few years, rarely do I see us use one route to open another route up, rarely clear out routes etc

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Today everything was embarrassing. The first two games no not so much. Fans acting like one *** whooping is indicative of anything is embarrassing.

you have to go back to the 90's to see a worse performance, fans not knowing this team has some serious issues are embarrasing

Last edited:

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
The whole team sucked from the coaches to the players to the equipment managers. Including the fans who want to call it a season over one game. We all sucked. That being said bring on KC with a rested Bell and a humbled offense and a pissed off defense

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
The whole team sucked from the the coaches to the players to the equipment managers. Including the fans who want to call it a season over one game. We all sucked. That being said bring on KC with a rested Bell and a humbled offense and a pissed off defense
I agree, I just hope we have enough guys left on D to be pissed

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
God I thought this game would never end

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I would be ok with Butler getting the boot at this point.

Knee jerk perhaps but someway somehow changes are needed.

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
I refuse to jump off the bridge... but I also now have VERY different expectations this year.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I refuse to jump off the bridge... but I also now have VERY different expectations this year.

exactly

not the end of the season

but a eye opener

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
you have to go pack to the 90's to see a worse performance, fans not knowing this team has some serious issues are embarrasing

And it is still one loss. I would rather lose like this than have our hearts ripped out losing a close one at the last minute. This is the quick bandaid rip. It might be indicative of a trend or it might be a one game aberration. Regardless how bad they looked today you can't say anything for sure.

this is the typical ugly loss early in the football movie.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I would be ok with Butler getting the boot at this point.

Knee jerk perhaps but someway somehow changes are needed.

Too early to fire but I agree we need to change philosophy. I hate the bend don't break defense would rather live and die by pressure. We have not really done any real all out blitzing.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Slashsteel have you been drinking?? Why so extreme? It's one game.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
And it is still one loss. I would rather lose like this than have our hearts ripped out losing a close one at the last minute. This is the quick bandaid rip. It might be indicative of a trend or it might be a one game aberration. Regardless how bad they looked today you can't say anything for sure.

this is the typical ugly loss early in the football movie.

thing is I am not pointing to just one game

This team hasn't recovered from Bryant,Bell,Heath, and Dupree's exits.

Sure they get two back, but I am not sure that will be enough to turn this years version from mediocre and good, to great.

So like one fan has said the expectations won't be as great as I initially thought.