• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's......vs Bungles

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
i enjoyed it. The refs sucked ***. The no calls on some hits to the helmet,those fictional pass interference calls. Good grief ! The defense did great keeping them out of the end zone. We still can't sack a qb to save our life. Getting some pressure,but still too much time for the qb to pass. I suppose we have plenty of time to fix that.. We're 2-0 and that's good. One more game and we get Bell back. I hope he's keeping up with his conditioning. Ben had an off day and still tossed 3tds . It still didn't stop him from slinging it to Coates late in the game. Williams is a horse. Super glad we have him. Harrison still makes **** happen even in limited time.Good team win.

We
Dey!

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
Berry flipped the field with every kick and pinned them inside their 20 six times. Awesome performance. Cheers mate!!

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
FU to anyone who wants to lessen the win by crying about the fumble....it was not clear enough to over turn...so it was close enough for me....

Ninjaskrzypek

Reaction score
Game balls: TE's, Williams, D as a unit, special teams

Goat: refs. Horrible both ways. Jones for the dropped INT

FU: Pacman

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Game balls were well seen. JJ had a decent game. Made some good tackles on run plays, nearly had an INT and a FR. I'm not sold on JJ, but I'm not soured on him yet either.

The Goat is Marvin Lewis. On all but 1 4th and short inside the 45, the ***** punted. That is why we won. He plays not to lose, and we play to win. Love Tomlin for understanding down and distance in this range, though he elected not to go for it once today, we went the other time.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Goats are the fans who left the game early. Shame on ALL of you! Pathetic!

I was actually ashamed at all the fans that left. I would never think a steeler fan as a fair weather fan. As someone who has traveled all the way to Pittsburgh from Vancouver to see the steelers play I am a little shocked,especially with the opponents being the bungles. Also the amount of noise the fans were making when the steelers had the ball in a tight situation. I saw Ben trying to shush the fans on numerous situations. WTF?

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
Goats are the fans who left the game early. Shame on ALL of you! Pathetic!

Yeah sitting there at the game watching all these ******* pansies leave early made me sick.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I was actually ashamed at all the fans that left. I would never think a steeler fan as a fair weather fan. As someone who has traveled all the way to Pittsburgh from Vancouver to see the steelers play I am a little shocked,especially with the opponents being the bungles. Also the amount of noise the fans were making when the steelers had the ball in a tight situation. I saw Ben trying to shush the fans on numerous situations. WTF?

There were a few instances where our defense came up big and the fans starting cheering when we got the ball. I was trying to shut everyone up around me. Lots of people started leaving when it was 24-9 and started raining in the 4th. Pathetic. I love the elements.

FargoSteelers7

Reaction score
How ya doing ... Welcome to the board.

I'd say you're getting ahead of yourself by calling DeAngelo the best pickup EVER by the Steelers.
As far as players who weren't drafted by the Steelers, I'd rank the Bus as a better (maybe the best) pickup ... the acquisition of Kevin Greene was nothing to sneeze at either. Larry Foote also ... so yeah, just a little ahead yourself in calling the pickup of DeAngelo the best EVER. Just my opinion.

Oh...just bad wording on my part. I didn't mean ever. Like of all time. I just meant what a great pick up. What a great addition that we had no idea how he would probably turn out. But with all of the injuries and suspensions, he's been a massive asset. Great attitude. Simply wants to play. And he definitely comes to play.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh...just bad wording on my part. I didn't mean ever. Like of all time. I just meant what a great pick up. What a great addition that we had no idea how he would probably turn out. But with all of the injuries and suspensions, he's been a massive asset. Great attitude. Simply wants to play. And he definitely comes to play.

Agreed, it was a fantastic pickup and I don't think many (if any) thought it would turn out as well as it has. I also like his attitude and the way he plays the game. I think he sees this as an opportunity to get a ring and that drives him.

P

POP

OK, my list.

Game balls.

D Will.
O line.
Tuitt and Heyward - disrupting **** even downfield.
Jesse James. Starting to fit in and gel. Scored a TD.

Goats.

Mr. Burns. Did have one nice batted pass in end zone, but also looked raw and lost much of the time. That one guy ran by him like Burns was on ice skates.

AB. Could have had much worse of a drop on a key 3rd down. Looked like he thought all he had to do was just show up. And thought his key drop was something to laugh about.

Ben. Found a way to win, but my God, he really stunk it up out there. That was his worst game in a long time.

Haley. Way to conservative to start things off. The run, run, run and punt is a terrible look.

Subtle surprises: The game only got chippy once, as compared to after every play last time we played. I found it to seem like everyone was in a daze, on both teams. It sure didn't appear as a game of two heated, hated rivals.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh damn I forgot Berry! What an excellent performance by our punter. He's really elevated his game this year in a big way

P

POP

Actually, we have covered this before, but Steelers fans have got soft in many ways. I often scalp, and the ticket prices go way down if the weather isn't nice. The Steelers LOVE throwing out the "X # of years of all sell outs" but that is a very misleading assertion. Tons of tickets are bought by scalpers but that doesn't necessarily means fans end up buying them.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, my list.

Game balls.

D Will.
O line.
Tuitt and Heyward - disrupting **** even downfield.
Jesse James. Starting to fit in and gel. Scored a TD.

Goats.

Mr. Burns. Did have one nice batted pass in end zone, but also looked raw and lost much of the time. That one guy ran by him like Burns was on ice skates.

AB. Could have had much worse of a drop on a key 3rd down. Looked like he thought all he had to do was just show up. And thought his key drop was something to laugh about.

Ben. Found a way to win, but my God, he really stunk it up out there. That was his worst game in a long time.

Haley. Way to conservative to start things off. The run, run, run and punt is a terrible look.

Subtle surprises: The game only got chippy once, as compared to after every play last time we played. I found it to seem like everyone was in a daze, on both teams. It sure didn't appear as a game of two heated, hated rivals.

Haley gets a goat for calling the game that gives dwill a game ball? The answer to the conservative game is in your post. Williams did well and Ben was off.

FargoSteelers7

Reaction score
Agreed, it was a fantastic pickup and I don't think many (if any) thought it would turn out as well as it has. I also like his attitude and the way he plays the game. I think he sees this as an opportunity to get a ring and that drives him.

DeAngelo is fun to watch. I LOVE how dirty Pacman got smoked today by a running back acting like a receiver. Ha ha!

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
Actually, we have covered this before, but Steelers fans have got soft in many ways. I often scalp, and the ticket prices go way down if the weather isn't nice. The Steelers LOVE throwing out the "X # of years of all sell outs" but that is a very misleading assertion. Tons of tickets are bought by scalpers but that doesn't necessarily means fans end up buying them.

I think people have gotten soft in many ways.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
FargoSteelers7 said:
DeAngelo is the best pick up ever for the Steelers!
Da Bus says hello and let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Hello. And how am I getting ahead of myself? :)

In fairness, The Bus was acquired in a trade and DAW was a free agent signing.
Bus is easily the best trade the Steelers ever made and DAW is turning out to be one of the best FA signings.

Last edited:

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I think people have gotten soft in many ways.

To be fair - when the HDTV experience is as great as it is today, and you can watch all the games and eat reasonably priced food and use your own bathroom at your convenience, it makes sitting out in the rain for 4 hours sound like a miserable experience.

That being said, nothing can replace taking in a huge Steelers W in Heinz

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
To be fair - when the HDTV experience is as great as it is today, and you can watch all the games and eat reasonably priced food and use your own bathroom at your convenience, it makes sitting out in the rain for 4 hours sound like a miserable experience.

That being said, nothing can replace taking in a huge Steelers W in Heinz

Yeah sure, but if you're already there then obviously you're not opposed to going to games. So why leave because of some rain?

Punxsutawney

Reaction score

Exactly.

The leaps in visual technology over the past 10 years or so have somewhat diluted the advantages that personally attending games once had.

It would also help if they didn't squeeze every ******* dime out of people for food and beverages. There's no excuse for that **** other than the Steelers and their vendors knowing that fans have no other choice.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Goats.

He did not look "raw and lost," and any claim in that regard is bullshit. He played dime, and in his dime responsibility, he was paired up with the Bungles #2 guy (Lafell). He covered extremely well, defended a pass with great coverage, and had superb coverage again in the end zone when called for a bullshit PI. That idiot Fouts said the receiver "had to dive for the ball because he was redirected by Burns" - horseshit. The receiver had to dive for the ball because Burns had him ******* covered and Dalton just wanted to get rid of the ball.

He missed a tackle on Bernard in the 4th quarter. Truth. And how is he "raw and lost" when he was the guy closer to Bernard than any other Steelers? Were the other 10 defenders "super raw and completely lost"?? Oh, and how many tackles did Bernard break this game? 10? 12?

But one ******* missed tackle makes him "raw and lost"? What bunk.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Cockrell deserves a game ball. He was a gamer today. Congrats ****!

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Cockrell deserves a game ball. He was a gamer today.

He was glued to Green brilliantly, with help over the top, and did a great job. Funny ... 5 days ago, Steeler fans wanted to cut the guy. As in, get a knife and cut him.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Bj over at gobengals deserves something for his tasty meltdows and conspiracy theories.. Actually all the bengal fans do... Their tears were delicious today, and all they get is a big fu from their team...