• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's......vs Bungles

Chicoman

Reaction score
Well week two is in the books and our Steelers are 2-0. Despite not playing great today and Ben playing a pretty bad game this team found a way to win! I feel like this year is our year! This team is playing at a different level than years past. They are able to finish drives with TD's and not FG's. I like what I see so far....and the best part of this game is no injuries! Ben didn't play great but when he had to make the plays to win the game he made the throws with his arm and with his feet! 2-0 Feels pretty damn good! Steelers do need a find a pass rush pretty soon! One sack in two games isn't going to cut it!

Game Balls:
DeAngelo Williams - The ageless wonder....was a workhorse today 132 yds from scrimmage today
Sammie Coates - Two nice long catches today....just a few yards shy of a 100yd game
Xavier Grimble - First TD catch today....what a dart he hauled in from Ben today.....great catch!
Jessie James - Great catch in the endzone today too
Ben Roethlisberger - Wasn't his best game but he persevered through the bad weather to toss 3 TD's
Ross Cockrell - Did his best Ike Taylor on AJ Green 2 rec 38yds
Steelers Defense - Only allowed 46 yds rushing for the Bungles!

Game Goats:
Jarvis Jones - You had an easy INT go right thru your hands not to mention hit you square in the chest! Can't wait til this bum is no longer a Steeler!

FU's:
FU to all the Bungles Fans! WE DEY!
FU to Vontaze Burfict! **** YOU!

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Coates and Grimble had iffy moments but like how they both made some clutch plays,

Cockrell a nice rebound game.

DeAngelo gets my game ball................

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
LOL...Poor JJ. Can anybody on defense get a sack or some pressure on the QB? .....but yeah. Give JJ your only goat of the game.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL...Poor JJ. Can anybody on defense get a sack or some pressure on the QB? .....but yeah. Give JJ your only goat of the game.

Lol. Poor uncle Jarvis. I root hard for the guy being UGA dawg and all

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
D. Will and our O-Line played pretty damn good.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
It's not like Jarvis made all horrible plays. He had a drop. He also had some QB pressures and tackles for little gain. He's no world beater, but man, that name comes up and it's like Pavlov's dogs with the predictable reactions with little or no examination. He played ok and he had a bad drop. So did Cockrell...in fact he has dropped 2 INT's in 2 games.....and he plays at a position where good hands are good commodity to have.

Last edited:

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Special teams deserve a HUGE shout-out. Berry booming punts and pinning the Bungles deep, great coverage on kicks. Boswell crushing a 49 yard field goal on a terrible field and driving rain and slamming every kickoff into the endzone, no penalties, and the only flub was recovered by Heyward-Bey on a tremendous effort play.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I said this in the game thread. Jarvis gets another game, maybe two and then you need to put Deebo and someone else in there. He is too ineffective and he has that damn contraption on his arm making him even worse.

During the game I saw Deebo and Jarvis in at the same time. WTF was that? It appears the coaches still think Jarvis is good if they are doing that kind of ****.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I thought golden had a very good game and the secondary did a great job on green. Still too many missed tackles though. Ben had a bad game. Williams played well. Kicking game was very good and I like Rogers on punt returns. He is elusive and hard to bring down. Pass rush was a little better. Some pressure at least. Refs were not very good, but what else is new.

pittbull

Contributor
Reaction score
I give the game ball to the D. Turtleball could have given the game away at the end. The D wasn't perfect, but Cincy and Dalton are a pretty good offense. The defense held them in check.

The weather certainly played a factor in the sloppy play, but the play calling reverted to predictable and boring. "Hey diddle, diddle, Rogel up the middle" They did enough to win, but it was ugly. Those games are bound to happen, so to come out on top is great.

We did get some fortuitous calls. Cincy receiver probably got his knee down in the endzone, but Cincy fans only have their own team's coaching staff to blame. They should have thrown the flag. Also, the late fumble...he was probably down. I can kinda understand why they didn't overturn it...no visible evidence to reverse the call, but I think any reasonable person would recognize Harrison's hit after his knee hit the ground caused the fumble.

It's not like we didn't get our share of bad calls. I thought eh interference on Cockrel was bad. He put his hand on the receiver to locate him and the receiver pushed off. Bad call. Also, Brown was interfered late in the game and no call.

Steel G

Reaction score
Good old Marvin. He doesn't challenge the out of bounds call and trots out FG team. Guy never has any instincts or guts. Thats loser football.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Good old Marvin. He doesn't challenge the out of bounds call and trots out FG team. Guy never has any instincts or guts. Thats loser football.

Disagree. It's a 50/50 call and they needed that FG no matter what. Plus there was what 12 minutes left. Just saying. It kinda looked like his knee was also on white. Again 50/50 call with lots of times.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not like Jarvis made all horrible plays. He had a drop. He also had some QB pressures and tackles for little gain. He's no world beater, but man, that name comes up and it's like Pavlov's dogs with the predictable reactions with little or no examination. He played ok and he had a bad drop. So did Cockrell...in fact he has dropped 2 INT's in 2 games.....and he plays at a position where good hands are good commodity to have.

Ike Taylor DOES NOT endorse this message. lol

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not like Jarvis made all horrible plays. He had a drop. He also had some QB pressures and tackles for little gain.

Pretty much my take on his game. When the Steelers lined up Jones on the left, over the right tackle, he was getting some good pass pressure and accounted for two very solid hits on Dalton.

steelermania

Reaction score
I give the game ball to the D. Turtleball could have given the game away at the end. The D wasn't perfect, but Cincy and Dalton are a pretty good offense. The defense held them in check.

The weather certainly played a factor in the sloppy play, but the play calling reverted to predictable and boring. "Hey diddle, diddle, Rogel up the middle" They did enough to win, but it was ugly. Those games are bound to happen, so to come out on top is great.

We did get some fortuitous calls. Cincy receiver probably got his knee down in the endzone, but Cincy fans only have their own team's coaching staff to blame. They should have thrown the flag. Also, the late fumble...he was probably down. I can kinda understand why they didn't overturn it...no visible evidence to reverse the call, but I think any reasonable person would recognize Harrison's hit after his knee hit the ground caused the fumble.

It's not like we didn't get our share of bad calls. I thought eh interference on Cockrel was bad. He put his hand on the receiver to locate him and the receiver pushed off. Bad call. Also, Brown was interfered late in the game and no call.

The Cockrell play was exactly the same as the one on Brown on the sideline. Either throw a flag on both, or don't throw a flag. I won't complain though, the Boyd call was awful. The play at the back of the endzone would never have been overturned, so Lewis was right not to throw the flag and waste a timeout.

FargoSteelers7

Reaction score
DeAngelo is the best pick up ever for the Steelers! Fairly ugly game. But I figured that. Since the Bungals are now the new Ratbirds. Dirty and the Steelers worst enemy!

Free Agent

Reaction score
Goats are the fans who left the game early. Shame on ALL of you! Pathetic!

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
DeAngelo is the best pick up ever for the Steelers! Fairly ugly game. But I figured that. Since the Bungals are now the new Ratbirds. Dirty and the Steelers worst enemy!

Da Bus says hello and let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: wig

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Game balls:
-Deangelo for being him
-Coates for a couple huge catches and doing his best in the Martavis "big play" role
-Defensive front 7 for controlling the LOS in the Bungles run game
-Cockrell for some nice plays on Green and generally not allowing him any explosive plays
-James and Grimble for showing we're not completely screwed at TE like we may have envisioned going into the season

Goats:
-Also defensive front 7 for not pressuring Dalton
-The rain. I think this messed with Ben's accuracy and confidence today

FUs:
-Burfict. No commentary needed
-Marvin. No commentary needed
-Refs for missing PI on AB a few times but calling ticky tack PI on our guys. They gave us a couple gift calls though too so I can't complain too much

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello. And how am I getting ahead of myself? :)

How ya doing ... Welcome to the board.

I'd say you're getting ahead of yourself by calling DeAngelo the best pickup EVER by the Steelers.
As far as players who weren't drafted by the Steelers, I'd rank the Bus as a better (maybe the best) pickup ... the acquisition of Kevin Greene was nothing to sneeze at either. Larry Foote also ... so yeah, just a little ahead yourself in calling the pickup of DeAngelo the best EVER. Just my opinion.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
How ya doing ... Welcome to the board.

I'd say you're getting ahead of yourself by calling DeAngelo the best pickup EVER by the Steelers.
As far as players who weren't drafted by the Steelers, I'd rank the Bus as a better (maybe the best) pickup ... the acquisition of Kevin Greene was nothing to sneeze at either. Larry Foote also ... so yeah, just a little ahead yourself in calling the pickup of DeAngelo the best EVER. Just my opinion.

Foote was drafted by us. Left for a year(or two) and then came back. Now Farrior we picked up from the Jets. His name should be thrown in the mix.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Goats are the fans who left the game early. Shame on ALL of you! Pathetic!

But..but it was all wrainin' and **** man.. an..an they got TVs all over inside to watch where it's not wrainin' and **** man.

FargoSteelers7;281240[B DeAngelo is the best pick up ever for the Steelers![

Buckeye says...Da Bus says hello and let's not get ahead of ourselves. and Chip says yep.
Ironcity says...Ryan Clark said hi too and Chip says yep, him too but not as much as da Bus.

We also picked up a solid center a few years back that can fall in there behind 36 also.

Last edited:

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Foote was drafted by us. Left for a year(or two) and then came back. Now Farrior we picked up from the Jets. His name should be thrown in the mix.

See, we all make mistakes. I was thinking Farrior and wrote Foote. In any event, DeAngelo isn't our best pickup ever ... have to factor in years of service, Super Bowls helped get to and/or win, etc. DeAngelo was and is a great pickup for us ... just not the greatest EVER. In my opinion.