• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Few things are really obvious.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
One coverage sack which was for a loss of about an inch in three weeks. That's pathetic.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Wingman

Reaction score
My three keys to the game and it's outcome.

1) The iggles played very good football in all phases of the game. They had a good plan and executed it very well. When they had individual match ups to win they won them more often than not. Clearly they came to play. Wentz is the real deal. He had poise and was very accurate today, his decisions with the ball were good as well. The iggles played very well today and did not take their foot off the gas the whole game in any aspect. At the risk of using a tomlinisam I will tip my hat to them, they played good enough to win the game with out the other two keys to the game. Had the steelers played in a similar fashion the game would still not have been in the bag for either team but might have come down to who had the ball last.

2) The steelers were just plain terrible today. Wide outs that could not get open or catch other than AB, offensive line that did not play like they could block the express lane at walmart let alone determined defenders. DeCastro was getting abused, Pouncy was rolling grounders back to Ben, Ben was throwing high a lot today as well as less than precise throws, very little in the way of rushing for Dwill. Whiff Johnson tossed another one that he is famous for. Fundamentals like tackling and blocking were very bad today. The defense looked slow and weak today, poor execution by nearly everyone fairly consistently. I will not blame the coaches for the failure of so many players to do what they are being very well paid to do. The zone looked like the players forgot that they were covering the players in it instead of a piece of lawn. Few players looked good today.

3) the zebras were really bad missing lots of calls against the iggles today. Had they done a better job the score might have been closer but the first two would likely still have had the steelers come in second in that game. They also called a few phantom penalties against the boys from western Pa today as well, in a short phrase they sucked.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
I agree about the pass rush but we sacrificed that for the o personnel we now have. Speaking of the o, it's not so much the wr's, but the qb refusing to go to the tight ends when they've been open all game long. That's why Ben will never be Brady.

Ben always turns into "young ben" in situations like this.Haley has done wonders with him but this is one aspect of Ben which never seems to change.

Having said that we'll be fine " lotsa football left" as an old coach with a protruding jaw used to say.

Here comes Bell.

How have we sacrificed pass rush for offense? 2 out of the last 4 1st round picks have been on OLB.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
How have we sacrificed pass rush for offense? 2 out of the last 4 1st round picks have been on OLB.
Then another ILB and DE, along with Tuitt in round 2.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
My obvious is change Wheaton's name to stone hands and hold him in reserve. I think Rogers and Coates will eventually be all right.

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
It was a good wake up call. This has to prove to them if they want a shot at the title...they need to prepare better, show up every Sunday...weather they like or not they've been hyped as offense juggernaut, defensively they were decent the 1st two games. Totally unprepared.today. it ls as thiugh they could roll into Philly and dismantle these guys. The media hype played a major roll.

Leaders need to step up and get ready to work sunday...against the cheifs....who we might fight a wild card round for.

Early season, nfc opponent, I feel like we'll be ok. No way the Steelers are that bad lol

awboatguy

Reaction score
To me it looked like the real Steelers did show up to this game and the iggles exposed our weaknesses that we always talk about here. It's a copy cat league and we do not have the players to fix the problems that the iggles took advantage of. Every team is going to dink and dunk us and beat us across the middle. Bubble screens will haunt our LBers because they are HORRIBLE. I pray for a turn around, but at this point I don't see the players on the roster to energize such a turn around on D. Long drives eating the clock is going to become the MO against us leaving our O to play catch up on a condensed clock. KC, NE, and the Rats will all do this effectively against us unless we prove we can stop it consistently. We have a real reason to be concerned by this game and what it revealed.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
You can't play 10 yards off the ball an expect to beat the little dink dink offenses. You make their first 5 yards hell getting off the line and get to the qb. That's how you beat that nonsense. Do we have the guys to do it? That's the question.

thumbring

Reaction score
If this team could make basic tackles, there would be a huge improvement. Seriously, just tackle. I know that wouldn't fix everything, but it would make the defense much better. There's no excuse for the piss poor tackling we've seen through all three games.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
If this team could make basic tackles, there would be a huge improvement. Seriously, just tackle. I know that wouldn't fix everything, but it would make the defense much better. There's no excuse for the piss poor tackling we've seen through all three games.

Don't tell that to Coolie :)

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score

When is the last time we signed a big free agent d-linebacker or lineman?

Let's see there is James Farrior then ah.....ah.....yeah maybe I'm forgetting someone but it seems like when there is any perceived weakness on O we are quick to forget the"steeler way" and go fat wallet shopping; from Duece Staley to Ladarius Green. On D.....not so much.(Harrison doesn't count)

They ignored pass rush and now the chickens have come home to roost. Maybe there isn't money for everything, maybe the board cap experts can chime in.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score

Let's see there is James Farrior then ah.....ah.....yeah maybe I'm forgetting someone but it seems like when there is any perceived weakness on O we are quick to forget the"steeler way" and go fat wallet shopping; from Duece Staley to Ladarius Green. On D.....not so much.(Harrison doesn't count)

They ignored pass rush and now the chickens have come home to roost. Maybe there isn't money for everything, maybe the board cap experts can chime in.

Just want to add what we all know; you HAVE to have at least the semblance of a pass rush with a young secondary. That is D philosophy 101. Steelers staff **** the bed.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Unless they knew their No 1 pick from last year chosen to help the pass rush was going to miss half the year don't see how they **** the bed. They were expecting a jump from Dupree.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score

They ignored pass rush in the FA market ? Ok I'm with you...but its pretty damn obvious why they would ignore that in the FA market ? Isn't it ? Or should i spell it out... Cap Room....If you are going to dive into the FA market for a pass rusher (if you can find one) you are going to be paying alot and we just don't have the cap room for that.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Again, who should they have signed? They were expecting big things from Dupree then he gets hurt in august

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A game like yesterday's will make you worry about playing on the road against the Dolphins.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Dupree,Shazier are busted goods! For young men they sure are frail to be linebackers.maybe they're better suited for badminton?we sign a te who hasn't played a lick for us. Hell pay me millions for nothing
And I'll stay home
Too. Sign me up for that ****.Our wannabe rapper pothead rb is suspended again. Two years in a
Row.I sure hope he's been working his *** off or he may join the injured list fast.

Ok ,vent mode off. Next game!

Harry_BZAC

Forefather
Reaction score
We should've signed jabaal sheard a few years ago....hindsight....I just know that I can barely watch this team play defense. its painful.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
We have 0 pass rushers, Heyward and Tuitt are good, but playing where they do they won't be disruptive like an OLB would be. Jones and Moats are trash and Harrison can't play majority of games anymore.

We have one legit WR. Look how many times Phillies wr are wide open, almost all our catches are in tight coverage.

We are full of ******* China dolls.

NE got their ***** handed to them at KC last year or the year before far worse than this and we're there at the end of the season. Hopefully we use this *** beating as a learning experience and stop talking about how good we think we are

38 NFL players have more sacks than our entire team. The china doll problem can not be fixed.