• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Few things are really obvious.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
We have 0 pass rushers, Heyward and Tuitt are good, but playing where they do they won't be disruptive like an OLB would be. Jones and Moats are trash and Harrison can't play majority of games anymore.

We have one legit WR. Look how many times Phillies wr are wide open, almost all our catches are in tight coverage.

We are full of ******* China dolls.

NE got their ***** handed to them at KC last year or the year before far worse than this and we're there at the end of the season. Hopefully we use this *** beating as a learning experience and stop talking about how good we think we are

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
I agree about the pass rush but we sacrificed that for the o personnel we now have. Speaking of the o, it's not so much the wr's, but the qb refusing to go to the tight ends when they've been open all game long. That's why Ben will never be Brady.

Ben always turns into "young ben" in situations like this.Haley has done wonders with him but this is one aspect of Ben which never seems to change.

Having said that we'll be fine " lotsa football left" as an old coach with a protruding jaw used to say.

Here comes Bell.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
We threw to the TE's all game last week

6Rings

Reaction score
Eli rogers....all hype..

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
I have hard time blaming the LB coaches, Dupree, Shazier, Jones all first round picks, all can't stay healthy.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
jones and moats as outside linebackers/ rush ends.... correct me if im wrong but have we ever lined up worse?

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I was watching MASH or a Steeler game. So many injuries. Not an excuse, but it was really bad out there today. The Eagles wanted a statement game and got it.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
The Eagles may very well be a legit SB contender, as Wentz is legit, but the Steelers looked like they didn't even belong in the same league.

Just an embarrassing performance.

Blocking was ****, tackling was ****; an overall pile of ****

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Eagles may very well be a legit SB contender, as Wentz is legit, but the Steelers looked like they didn't even belong in the same league.

yep

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've ever seen the Steelers display such a poor pass rush so far this season...i mean, i know it has been trending down the last few seasons, but MY GOD are we pathetic in that dept

mdk2

Reaction score

Eagles are not a SB contender, lets not get carried away. I agree with the rest.

mdk2

Reaction score
I'm not sure I've ever seen the Steelers display such a poor pass rush so far this season...i mean, i know it has been trending down the last few seasons, but MY GOD are we pathetic in that dept

2014 we had an atrocious pass rush, then last year we were solid. Now after losing just Bud, our pass rush looks worse than ever. I don't get it.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Right on, every point, CORYEA. Time we realize Tomlin has change the mystic of the Steelers, we lack key players, no matter what everyone feel on the offense being so good. The offense after Wallace dropped his first pass went down hill. The defense will be our down fall and today showed it. We played two games with no rush and zone everywhere and it worked. Today we were picked apart and few if any of the passes by the Eagles were to a wide open receiver. No coverage, poor tackling, no rush leads to being kicked hard.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
2014 we had an atrocious pass rush, then last year we were solid. Now after losing just Bud, our pass rush looks worse than ever. I don't get it.

I dont think 2014 was close to this bad, at least so far

C

Clete

We are a poorly coached team and if Ben is not on to cover for Tomlin's stupidity we are helpless, has been that way since Cowher's players got old and retired.

Xc944

Reaction score
is tomlin and colbert still all giddy about jarvis sucking in his pro day

chipped ham

Reaction score
Eagles are not a SB contender, lets not get carried away. I agree with the rest.

It seemed like all their pass plays were thrown to receivers at the line of scrimmage. Add in that we play our corners 15 yards off the ball and you have what we seen today. There was no adjustment made by the coaching staff today. When wentz tried to go deep, it was with 3-4 steelers in the area and was usually incomplete. Also, the linebackers were atrocious today, especially Vince Williams and moats. Those two wanted to just get the ****
Off the field. It was a sorry performance today, but teams, good and bad, get their ***** kicked from time to time. Hell, in 04 we blew the doors off of philly in the same ******* manner they did us today and still went to the big dance. Far from over, and we'll get a huge shot in the *** next week with Bell coming back into the line up.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
No way Philly sniffs the super bowl. No we have never had a weaker pair of OLB's here ever!

XC944, you must've heard the replay of Tomlin and Colbert gushing over the Jones pick replayed on the fan last week

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
They played their best game, we played our worst. Guaranteed we will not look this bad for the rest of the season and this game should not be taken as an indicator of how the season will go.

That being said, everything was **** today. Complete, utter ****

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
They played their best game, we played our worst. Guaranteed we will not look this bad for the rest of the season and this game should not be taken as an indicator of how the season will go.

That being said, everything was **** today. Complete, utter ****

I wouldn't bet on it.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Wheaton was most disappointing.. he catches that td on 11st drive and we only get beat by 27 or so