• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

*Fairwell Miami

ark steel

Reaction score
Then play Samuels more. Hell, give some carries to Nix. **** Bell! He doesn't deserve to see the field, and rewarding him with playing time is a slap in the face of the players who have given their all since day one. Again, **** BELL!

Keeping him on the bench rewards him by helping him "save his body" for the next team. He's there, he is better than Ridley and JaySam, why wouldn't you want to improve your offense when you know your D isn't going to win the tough games?

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
If Bell comes back, and I personally hope he doesn't, the majority of his reps should come from playing in the slot as a WR and keep Connor as the RB. If ya wanna screw with the D to pick up some reads motion Bell into or out of the backfield. At any rate if a Bell return costs Connor snaps (other than what he needs as a breather) it is a fail by the coaching staff.

The ONLY way to make this **** show right is #7, then most will be forgiven as the door hopefully hits Bell in the *** on the way out.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
**** Bell, we don't need his stutter step style messing with our Olines straight ahead blocking style.
He can't line up as the #3 wr either, CBs would shut him down

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Guessing he signs after our game Thursday to start that 2 week clock. He knows he isn't being paid the first 2 weeks after he signs his tender.

This guy got some of the worst career advice from his agent. He pissed away millions he will never recover and in the process allowed his backup to start, produce better numbers and now this makes it look like Bell was the product of a great OL and not a great RB in his own right.

He's about to be another year older and he still thinks he's getting Gurley money? No ******* way

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They couldn't trade him, he was a FA and we tagged him, the problem was giving him a non exclusive. That means he can't be moved unless he signs his tag. Well, we're still waiting for that to happen...

Just making sure others see this. That was the main fall out problem on the STEELERS side of this debacle. BELL hasn't made it easy and there are a LOT of talking heads putting FALSE information out there so the general public is way miss-informed.

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bell made a stop in Columbus to see Michigan State / Ohio State play Saturday.
After that, he's likely to get to Pittsburgh to sign his contract.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...turn-to-Columbus-before-Pittsburgh-124306099/

Le'Veon Bell will be back in the Steel City this week. On Monday, after Bell tweeted that he was leaving Miami, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported that Bell is going to spend a few days with family in Columbus, Ohio, before returning to Pittsburgh. Adam Crowley of ESPN Radio has reported that Bell will watch Michigan State (his alma mater) take on Ohio State at the Horseshoe this Saturday.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
If Bell thinks he’s so good let him return a few punts and see good his dancing *** really is. He can’t outrun a wet fart

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Guessing he signs after our game Thursday to start that 2 week clock. He knows he isn't being paid the first 2 weeks after he signs his tender.

This guy got some of the worst career advice from his agent. He pissed away millions he will never recover and in the process allowed his backup to start, produce better numbers and now this makes it look like Bell was the product of a great OL and not a great RB in his own right.

He's about to be another year older and he still thinks he's getting Gurley money? No ******* way
I'm guessing his agent wasn't telling him to do this, his agent wanted to sign the contract prior to the 2017 season, then Bell backed out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if his fat *** needed one or two seats on the plane. He is not near in shape to play football and coupled with his mindset not to get injured for next years free agency it will be a huge error to play him a single down. the Steelers have botched this from day one with this selfish piece of ****.

How exactly have the Steelers botched it?
At this point... keeping him from being picked up by another AFC team (Patriots) works in their favor. And his holdout has reduced his cost over the season.

If anyone botched it, it was Bell -- he was hoping the Steelers would have dropped a few more games along the way, Conner was a bust, and the front office would be making him offers above the franchise tag.

Once the deadline passed, there was nothing else they could do -- everything was dependent on Bell signing the tag.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Get him in camp...

use him in situational football while keeping Connor number one..

He is needed for us to go where we all want to go.

Use him to help us play in the final game of the season...

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
It must be only me. I don't think they will be lining Bell up as a 3rd WR as a bunch on here think. Also the Bell and Conner in the back field at the same time I just don't see happening. Could Bell get some package plays where he is a WR? I believe so but I don't think he will be our 3rd WR.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
It must be only me. I don't think they will be lining Bell up as a 3rd WR as a bunch on here think. Also the Bell and Conner in the back field at the same time I just don't see happening. Could Bell get some package plays where he is a WR? I believe so but I don't think he will be our 3rd WR.

I could see it in the preset, but one of them has to go in motion, as a receiver or a double motion to come back as a decoy/jet sweep.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I could see it in the preset, but one of them has to go in motion, as a receiver or a double motion to come back as a decoy/jet sweep.

So you think they will start drawing up new plays? I guess they could. I just dont think they will.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
exempt for two weeks until we figure out how to get his *** on the field.
after those two weeks, if we haven't lost someone due to injury, then you cut Ridley and give Bell those 10 carries for 30 yards.

I'd not go out of my way to put Bell's *** on the field. I'd use Conner as the lead back going forward, since we know Bell is G-O-N-E after this season. No reason for us to sacrifice to help this mental midget get paid in the off-season. He can have Ridley's role as a backup, 3rd string. Which, if done correctly, would give the team a bonus since he's still athletically better than Ridley, but is still a selfish piece of **** with **** for brains.

I see zero reason to do anything to our offense as it is. It's humming along nicely right now and we're doing just fine without Bell.
His loss.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL @ this, too...

see something wrong?

RidleySamuel.jpg

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score
who will be cut for Bell? or are we going with 4 RBs? we might lose Samuels if we try to put him in the PS

I was thinking Hunter.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Post Rats game interview with CMT when the gratuitous Me'Veon question was asked:
"Right now we need volunteers not hostages".....
Mmmkay coach, lets see them cujones!
Cope beat me to it...pre-game comment.

the good thing with Bell, when he is ready to go, it's like we are getting a quality player in a trade/FA that can only help. Football-wise, he is very talented and can be helpful in many situations. The moment he becomes a distraction, I trust HCMT to sit his ***. They are finding their groove and are going through the tough part of their schedule. You don't abandon the RB that got you to 5-2-1, but if another piece can be added, let him contribute and be another player teams have to study for. He needs to know his role and show he's a team player. JC has earned the starting job and all the accolades he is getting. Don't upset the apple cart and this could be a good thing. i'm trying to be positive having someone like Bell for the 2nd half of the season and PO. I hope it works out and we can oversee all the BS he has put his team and fans through.
Mr. Obama could not have put this more eloquently...
I wonder if his fat *** needed one or two seats on the plane. He is not near in shape to play football and coupled with his mindset not to get injured for next years free agency it will be a huge error to play him a single down. the Steelers have botched this from day one with this selfish piece of ****.
You got some 'splainin' to do...
One thing I'm not concerned about is a divided locker room. I'm sure he can help the team in some way but literally no one is gonna be in the Bell should be running the ball camp. No one. I don't even think the media could invent that story. Throw him at slot. Give him some Carries. Connor is the lead back. Unquestionably.
Agreed - I beat Coach Fitchner is going to pull up some plays he wanted Bell to run upon his return. I even had a quick brainstorm while reading the thread - imagine that old school formation w/ three (3) back in the backfield behind Ben: Conner, Samuels, Bell!!!
Then play Samuels more. Hell, give some carries to Nix. **** Bell! He doesn't deserve to see the field, and rewarding him with playing time is a slap in the face of the players who have given their all since day one. Again, **** BELL!
You take your meds today???

So you think they will start drawing up new plays? I guess they could. I just dont think they will.

Imagine the creativity of two RB's who can both run and catch out of the backfield, flex either to the slot, Bell to the wing, move McDonald to the backfield, AB to the backfield, etc... the opponent better be able to run with us all day because this highly productive offense is about to be stratospheric, IF Bell gives it 100%...

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
L-i-a-b-i-l-i-t-y. That's Bell. Everything else is wishful thinking. I doubt he makes it two games without a pulled hammy. Getting to the end of this rodeo rides on the defense anyway.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score

You do know we have a new OC? Fichner has already showed he knows how to match personnel to exploit the defenses we play (notice Switzer had more snaps, since the Ravens have no interior pass defense?). Notice the switch from the heavy personnel running attack in the first Ravens game with 21, 22, 23 sets not working, then gashing them in 11, 12 sets this past game? First # is the amount of RBs, the second is the # of TEs. The sum difference from 5 is the # of WRs.

I'm way more psyched with what Fichner is doing, than any other OC we had (Minus Whiz in the 2005 playoffs). Dude is smart, and when we're not playing from multiple scores down, his schemes really shine. I'll set up a thread here soon on it.