• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

*Fairwell Miami

SteveA

Reaction score
Post Rats game interview with CMT when the gratuitous Me'Veon question was asked:
"Right now we need volunteers not hostages".....
Mmmkay coach, lets see them cujones!

IN OTHER WORDS HE WANTS THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BE HERE.....Bell with get 10-20 packages per game once he returns. He will not be the starter

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Post Rats game interview with CMT when the gratuitous Me'Veon question was asked:
"Right now we need volunteers not hostages".....
Mmmkay coach, lets see them cujones!

It was the pregame interview. It sets a good tone. The locker room has gotten along just fine without Bell. They will have 2 weeks to adjust to the idea of adding him, when he is roster exempt. His talent needs to be utilized, and he needs to be in game shape, JIC something happens to Conner.

Who knows, he may just take Harrison's advice and fake an injury, so he's not even an issue this year.

My timeline looks like it was spot on. I thought he'd show by Wed. We'll see.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe Big Al will step on his ankle. ;-).

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Bell was going to stay away from the team as long as he possibly could. Anyone who reported otherwise or manufactured some story on Sunday morning was only putting something out there for TV ratings or website clicks. It was obvious from the start of the season. When Bell returns, you find a way to integrate him into the offense. He is a multidimensional player who can help the Steelers win games in other ways other than being the starting running back, something you can't take away from Conner right now.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
THIS^^ Weeks ago, I stated that Conner has earned the starting job from here on out, and, given that, I said something like: "that being said, I fully expect Tomlin to **** on Conner and insert Bell into the lineup as the starter". At the time, I truly believed that of Tomlin. But as I sit here today, I think Tomlin has grown tired of his bullshit antics and will do the right thing and stay with Conner. I'm rooting for you to make the right choice Cool Shades. Please don't blow it and prove my initial thought of you correct.

The ONLY reason I disagree is JC needs some rest if he truely can be impactful come playoffs. And with not trusting the other backs JC is the workhorse and it’s starting to show.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
the good thing with Bell, when he is ready to go, it's like we are getting a quality player in a trade/FA that can only help. Football-wise, he is very talented and can be helpful in many situations. The moment he becomes a distraction, I trust HCMT to sit his ***. They are finding their groove and are going through the tough part of their schedule. You don't abandon the RB that got you to 5-2-1, but if another piece can be added, let him contribute and be another player teams have to study for. He needs to know his role and show he's a team player. JC has earned the starting job and all the accolades he is getting. Don't upset the apple cart and this could be a good thing. i'm trying to be positive having someone like Bell for the 2nd half of the season and PO. I hope it works out and we can oversee all the BS he has put his team and fans through.

Steelers12

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if his fat *** needed one or two seats on the plane. He is not near in shape to play football and coupled with his mindset not to get injured for next years free agency it will be a huge error to play him a single down. the Steelers have botched this from day one with this selfish piece of ****.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
We are all assuming he can pass his physical and drug test. If I were the Steelers I’d be VERY careful and make sure they don’t miss a injury or something he tries to milk the rest of the year.

steelhurt

Reaction score
So LevBell is leaving sunny Florida to come to cold Pittsburgh as winter approaches for a part time job. That’s real smart, but then again he can’t seem to spell farewell. “Fairwell” ******* mental midget.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if his fat *** needed one or two seats on the plane. He is not near in shape to play football and coupled with his mindset not to get injured for next years free agency it will be a huge error to play him a single down. the Steelers have botched this from day one with this selfish piece of ****.

PLEASE expand on how the STEELERS have "botched" this since day one...........................

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Why does anyone think he should play special teams? As a punishment? Well, he would make our special teams worse so that fantasy of some here will NEVER happen.

6Lombardis

Reaction score
Once in shape Bell will be our third best receiver on the roster. Flex him out and let a LB try to cover him while Conner is still in the backfield.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
One thing I'm not concerned about is a divided locker room. I'm sure he can help the team in some way but literally no one is gonna be in the Bell should be running the ball camp. No one. I don't even think the media could invent that story. Throw him at slot. Give him some Carries. Connor is the lead back. Unquestionably.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
One thing I'm not concerned about is a divided locker room. I'm sure he can help the team in some way but literally no one is gonna be in the Bell should be running the ball camp. No one. I don't even think the media could invent that story. Throw him at slot. Give him some Carries. Connor is the lead back. Unquestionably.

My fantasy is the line standing up at the snap and turning into a turnstile, and letting bell get clobbered. Just that one time.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been reading tweets and IG posts from the players all season, they don’t seem to have the same opinion as fans. I have yet to see any truly negative posts about him and his actions. There have been countless trying to turn a bad situation to a positive one though.

If and when he is ready, he becomes a major threat on O, as much as I would like to see him sit. I would play BOTH in the back field, and motion one or the other out 80% of the time. I would also expect both to block for the other, I don’t think there would be a JC issue, but maybe with LB.

bmoritz

Reaction score
The ONLY reason I disagree is JC needs some rest if he truely can be impactful come playoffs. And with not trusting the other backs JC is the workhorse and it’s starting to show.

Then play Samuels more. Hell, give some carries to Nix. **** Bell! He doesn't deserve to see the field, and rewarding him with playing time is a slap in the face of the players who have given their all since day one. Again, **** BELL!

bmoritz

Reaction score
PLEASE expand on how the STEELERS have "botched" this since day one...........................

Salute the nation

I agree, this is 100% Bell's doing. My ONLY complaint with the Steelers with this whole thing is I wanted them to trade him before the season, but I also understand why they didn't. They didn't realize he'd be THIS BIG of an *******.

milkman dan

Reaction score
Bell will be the #3 receiver/HB. That's how they keep him and JC on the field. You'll see less Switzer and Washington. I'd guess he will also step into the backfield quite a bit. This is a good thing for our offense.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
who will be cut for Bell? or are we going with 4 RBs? we might lose Samuels if we try to put him in the PS

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Then play Samuels more. Hell, give some carries to Nix. **** Bell! He doesn't deserve to see the field, and rewarding him with playing time is a slap in the face of the players who have given their all since day one. Again, **** BELL!

Yeah..true enough but as we all have heard endlessly thru the years....the NFL is a business. In business, feelings come second ( or third ) to earnings. You just don't pay a good player $833k a week to sit and fester on the sidelines. Too much time to attract media attention, too much time to align with sympathetic teammates and remember...when he comes back, someone else must go.

Oh yeah, when he goes on the game day roster...he's gonna play. let's just hope he's used wisely.

I just had a thought...maybe Bell will get "injured" like Artie is now and others have in the past. Jus sayin'

Last edited:

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
who will be cut for Bell? or are we going with 4 RBs? we might lose Samuels if we try to put him in the PS

Ridley could be the guy on the outside looking in. IMO, if Bell comes back at this point; is it really a bad thing? Save some tread on Conner and have a nice legitimate dual RB threat in the post season?

If He does come back and is part of a winning drive, most Steeler fans will forget about the hold out...except us

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Ridley could be the guy on the outside looking in. IMO, if Bell comes back at this point; is it really a bad thing? Save some tread on Conner and have a nice legitimate dual RB threat in the post season?

If He does come back and is part of a winning drive, most Steeler fans will forget about the hold out...except us

that's correct, if Bell is in football shape I'm all in for him being the backup runner, take 8-10 carries away from our star RB of the future

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, this is 100% Bell's doing. My ONLY complaint with the Steelers with this whole thing is I wanted them to trade him before the season, but I also understand why they didn't. They didn't realize he'd be THIS BIG of an *******.

They couldn't trade him, he was a FA and we tagged him, the problem was giving him a non exclusive. That means he can't be moved unless he signs his tag. Well, we're still waiting for that to happen...

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Bell and JC both in the backfield, AB and Juju out wide, McDonald at TE. Let's see a DC plan against that.

Plus, with Bell we have an above-average back up RB.

If Bell decides to be a team player, this could be a very good thing. Too bad Bell can't be a good DB for us, too.