• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Everybody wants Andy to win one

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
I will take a good defense and good running game any day to give me a win. Chiefs defense is garbage and have zero running game.

Vader

Reaction score
I will take a good defense and good running game any day to give me a win. Chiefs defense is garbage and have zero running game.

What? KC's defense is 7th in scoring,10th in TOs, 5th in ints, 8th in TD passes, and 8th in passing yards. They may not be the best but they certainly are not garbage. They are finally getting healthy and since ~week 11 they have been one of the best defenses in the league.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
What? KC's defense is 7th in scoring,10th in TOs, 5th in ints, 8th in TD passes, and 8th in passing yards. They may not be the best but they certainly are not garbage. They are finally getting healthy and since ~week 11 they have been one of the best defenses in the league.

Good points it isn't how you start it is how you finish.

Both teams have had strong end season runs.

It should be an interesting matchup.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score

The Chiefs suck against the run though.

Maholmes is great, but it won't matter much if the 49ers possess the ball for 40+ minutes.

The way the Chiefs held up against Derrick Henry gives me some hope for a good game, but the 49ers offense is a different animal.

Vader

Reaction score

The Chiefs suck against the run though.

Maholmes is great, but it won't matter much if the 49ers possess the ball for 40+ minutes.

The way the Chiefs held up against Derrick Henry gives me some hope for a good game, but the 49ers offense is a different animal.

Just curious what you guys think now? 21 points in the 4th and the defense shut the door. Grapollo threw 2 picks one to end the game. That great defense gave up 31 points. That horrible defense of the Chiefs gave up 20...

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
San Fran was in control, until they weren’t. I’m actually surprised KC won based upon how the game was going. The one long pass to Hill was huge.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
San Fran was in control, until they weren’t. I’m actually surprised KC won based upon how the game was going. The one long pass to Hill was huge.

Yep. That play was 3rd and 15, and it honestly felt as though the game would pretty much be over if the Niners defense got off the field there. Welp, thems the breaks!

Congrats to the Superbowl Champs, the Kansas City Chiefs!

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I felt KC would win. Good for Reid. After the game I feared for his health. He needs to lose weight

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
As for the coaching did anyone notice how involved the two head coaches were with the play calling?

Mahomes credits Reid for keeping him steady after two interceptions

A stark contrast from Tomlin who just stands there and claps.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Glad KC won. You really have to step on their neck to beat them.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Just curious what you guys think now? 21 points in the 4th and the defense shut the door. Grapollo threw 2 picks one to end the game. That great defense gave up 31 points. That horrible defense of the Chiefs gave up 20...

To be fair, the game was going about as I expected for the first three and half quarters. The Chiefs were struggling and the 49ers were in control

Mahomes was probably playing the worst ball of his career up until that 3rd and 15 bomb to Hill and he flipped the switch.

Great game to watch.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
See that was the Chiefs signature slow beginnings late game surges. So they stayed true to form.For me it was no shocker there.

It was the tale of two QBs in the clutch one came through and the other didn't.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Back to Reed, he deserve the ring, he has been a good coach and teacher with a lot of class on the sidelines and off the field.

Vader

Reaction score
To be fair, the game was going about as I expected for the first three and half quarters. The Chiefs were struggling and the 49ers were in control

Mahomes was probably playing the worst ball of his career up until that 3rd and 15 bomb to Hill and he flipped the switch.

Great game to watch.

Like I said, they were down to Houston and came back. They scored 21 points in the 4th qtr last night. That's what they do. MaHomes sucked last night and they still won by 11 points. He shouldn't have been the MVP. People were talking about how bad the KC defense was but they won the game IMHO. They held the 49ers to 20 points and sealed the game with an int. and a sack.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Fools gold? Thats patently ridiculous. Whether or not the Niners win tmrw evening, its beyond obvious that San Fran has easily been one of the best teams in the league this season

Like I said, they were fools gold. **** SF

Vader

Reaction score
Both QBs were bad. All the hype was just that... hype. Mahomes had a 78 QB rating and Jimmy had a 69 QB rating. Williams was screwed out of the MVP. Mahomes had 2 ints and fumbled twice (both recovered). The long pass play to Hill took forever to get there. Luckily no defender was within 10 yards of him or it maybe picked as well.

I was impressed with KCs defense. They came to play and they won the game IMHO. Sack and int to seal it. That's what a good defense does.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
It was the tale of two QBs in the clutch one came through and the other didn't.

Jimmy G. was not good down the stretch. As bad as he was, he still had an open Emmanuel Sanders for a touchdown and overthrew him. Before it even got to that point, the 49ers needed to run the ball more. Way too good on the ground all year to run the ball 22 times, only 17 which came from Coleman and Mostert.

Vader

Reaction score
Jimmy G. was not good down the stretch. As bad as he was, he still had an open Emmanuel Sanders for a touchdown and overthrew him. Before it even got to that point, the 49ers needed to run the ball more. Way too good on the ground all year to run the ball 22 times, only 17 which came from Coleman and Mostert.

Coaches that don't buy into their own hype win those games. You think Cowher would lose that game? Up by 10 points with around 6 minutes left in the game. The 49er HC got to cute.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The Refs certainly wanted Andy to win.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
If the gameplan to run it until the end worked so well against the Packers why did they change it? It seems like every HC has brain farts, not that Tomlin gets any pass by me as some of his in game decisions are very bad

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
If the gameplan to run it until the end worked so well against the Packers why did they change it? It seems like every HC has brain farts, not that Tomlin gets any pass by me as some of his in game decisions are very bad

It's like their egos are so big, they have to prove they can do it all as opposed to what they're actually good at, or something. I have no other explanation. Essentially running the ball only 17 times (I'm not counting the end around stuff to Samuel or Garoppolo's runs) when their ground game was working is insanity to me.