• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dunlap: AB is going to dance, go watch Matlock if you're offended

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
And maybe the best one yet — they think he’s going to somehow ruin the innocence of their children who watch football because of his hip-thrusting ways!

I mean, I guess those 3,978,362 erectile dysfunction medication commercials during NFL telecasts won’t have kids asking about sex, but AB’s pelvic thrust certainly will, huh?

brilliant.

ark steel

Reaction score
I think celebration penalties are overkill these days... Fine you want to flag coordinated team celebrating and props... But when kiesel got one for "going to a knee" i was so over it

Norman got one yesterday for doing the bow and arrow thing. He waited until he was on the sidelines because he got a warning for doing on the field last week. Apparently, simulating shooting and bow is the same as simulating shooting a gun.

Worse, it is an infraction that counts towards ejection.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't Keisel do the bow and arrow on our team?

Well Iron, if you would read the whole thread before you posted you would notice someone already had that thought. Hmm. Good point Cope. ;-)

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Ridiculous penalty. He basically got it for who he is and I still can't figure out why Emmanuel Sanders didn't get flagged for his twerking celebration last week.

Winner winner, chicken dinner!! As long as he keeps scoring at this pace, dance dance dance AB!!

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
He only did two thrusts which he was told was legal. So obviously he wasn't trying to hurt his team.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Why? Because he might get hurt and that would hurt the team? Seems you do have an issue with it then maybe.

From that perspective then yeah I guess I do have an issue. Eh let the man celebrate his td's

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
From that perspective then yeah I guess I do have an issue. Eh let the man celebrate his td's

Agreed. Let him celebrate. .....just don't do anything that will draw a flag. Pretty simple concept one would think.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
He can dance or whatever, but if there's a sexual tone to the dance it'll be flagged.
Here's what bothers me about it, it's not necessarily the celebrating, but both Ben and Heyward have talked to AB about it and basically told him to cool it, Heyward even went as far as saying I don't think it'll happen again after being asked about him talking to AB.

awboatguy

Reaction score
I think next time he should simulate jerking off and blowing his load all over the place ala Gwar's Oderus Urungus Cuttlefish of Cthulhu. Or not if it will hurt the team.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Rb from minnesota grabbed his crotch after doing a goto sleep gesture. No flag

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm surprised that AB doesn't have a go-to celebration by now. He keeps switching it up like Ocho Cinco. I'm hoping he finds something fun and sticks with it. Ya know, like professional wrestling finishing moves...

Steelerfan

Reaction score
I think next time he should simulate jerking off and blowing his load all over the place ala Gwar's Oderus Urungus Cuttlefish of Cthulhu. Or not if it will hurt the team.

Literally a coffee-spitter, with chewed chunks of blueberry muffin on my desk. That was hilarious.

oicu8ad

Reaction score

I don't know what that is, and I'm afraid to google it. LOL.

oicu8ad

Reaction score
My favorite TD celebration of all time was Hines Ward's kicking the grass like a dog who just took a **** in the dog pound!!!

Wingman

Reaction score
I like the comment from Joe Green regarding celebrations. I think it is over played in the nfl. If it draws a penalty it is not a good thing. If it could be something that incites other players to take cheap shots it is not a good thing. I saw one of the players flip the ball to one of the zebras after a score nicely done right now I can not remember who did it but it was a pleasant change.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
So many of the guys that score do little dances and celebrations and little are flagged. When are they going to start to do it on defense? After every tackle Terrell Suggs and that defense have a dance off.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's obvious that the NFL is targeting AB. I see way more crazy **** going on all over the league with no repercussions.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2016/10/tomlin-wants-get-clarity-brown-can-scoring/

Tomlin Wants To Get Clarity On What Brown Can Do After Scoring

BY DAVE BRYAN OCTOBER 4, 2016 AT 12:24 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown apparently once again had one pump too many during his post-touchdown celebration Sunday night in the win over the Kansas City Chiefs as he was flagged for it by an official in the end zone. On Tuesday, head coach Mike Tomlin was asked if he will do or say anything to Brown about his celebrations and he had quite an interesting reply.

“I don’t,” said Tomlin. “We’ve got to get some clarity in terms of what’s legal and what’s not. I know that he doesn’t want it to be a negative thing, he wants to provide positive energy for us and entertain our fans, but we’ve got to get detailed clarity about what he can and cannot do. You’ve got to acknowledge that some guys are followed more closely than others. You saw that last night with [Odell] Beckham and AB’s probably one of those guys and he probably needs to respond accordingly.”

Tomlin was then asked what he’d liked to see from the league as far as consistency when it comes to celebrations following scores.

“I’m not passing judgement on how they do their jobs,” said Tomlin. “We’ve got enough issues of our own.”

Sunday night marked the second time this season that Brown has been flagged for an excessive celebration in the end zone following him scoring a touchdown. As I pointed out recently, it appears as though the league has a two pump limit when it comes to Brown’s twerking as Denver Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders wasn’t flagged for his double-pump twerk following a score a few weeks ago in the game against the Denver Broncos. Sanders even admitted that he did is as an homage to Brown’s Week 1 twerk.

As Tomlin pointed out Tuesday, Brown is a very high-profile player just as New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. is but with that said, the latter is getting penalized for things that aren’t related to post-scoring celebrations.

If indeed the league has a two-pump limit when it comes to them not considering a celebration sexually suggestive, it really is quite comical and especially when they air scantily dressed cheerleaders on the sidelines immediately after showing touchdown celebrations and then air commercials that are also sexually suggestive.

We’ll find out soon whether or not Brown will be fined for his latest twerk.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
brown is one of games greats right now.

Brown is an attention ***** like poop.

You can be both great and an attention *****.

Or, like poop you can suck and be an attention *****.

Either way the **** is real and Toonces wont admonish him,, just like Twinkie the kid is nice to poop.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
A dead ball personal foul is a stupid penalty. If AB screws the team out of a win in a major game, I will not be alright with it, and why should I be? AB is NOT bigger than the team!

I suspect you are lying to yourself if you think you'll be alright with it, if and when it happens.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
A dead ball personal foul is a stupid penalty. If AB screws the team out of a win in a major game, I will not be alright with it, and why should I be? AB is NOT bigger than the team!

I suspect you are lying to yourself if you think you'll be alright with it, if and when it happens.

When has it happened?

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
AB hasn't done any crazy celebrations when it's been a close game. It's always when it's a blow out and he's scored multiple TDs. But clearly there seems to be a misunderstanding by Brown, Tomlin and Co about what is allowed by the league. Emmanuel Sanders is allowed to do whatever he wants but Brown isn't. Seems to be that AB believed he was fine under what he thought was the rules but the officials weren't on the same page.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk