• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dak is legit, Jones is burning garbage

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I think you are the only one who knows what you say...

No I don't even think that is the case half the time.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
which of the steelers first 4 picks should they not have taken so they could draft hall of famer Dak Prescott?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Dak has produced in 2 preseason games. Jones has played poorly in 2 preseason games. Apples to apples.

Dak looked amazing. You could make a Landry jones highlight film from all of his preseason and regular season games and he still would not look as good.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
People who actually understand the game.

It doesn't matter when it is, Dak has shown he can put the ball on the open man. His passer rating is 158 which is the highest one can have. When he lights it up in the regular season, you won't have anything to say then.

We've seen this **** before.........crowning players much too early only to see how average they turn out to be when it starts to matter. Go ahead and crown his ***. We will see.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
was on the Steelers pre draft visit list

Vernon Adams, QB, Oregon (COM)
Derrick Alexander, DE, Tulsa (PRO)
Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson (COM)
Brandon Allen, QB, Arkansas (PRO)
Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State (PRI)
Caleb Benenoch, OT, UCLA (PRI)
Devontae Booker, RB, Utah (PRI)
Jatavis Brown, OLB, Akron (PRI)
Deon Bush, S, Miami (PRI)
Vernon Butler, DT/NT, Louisiana Tech (COM)
Jeremy Cash, S, Duke (PRI)
Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina (PRI)
Kamalei Correa, OLB/3-4OLB, Boise State (PRO)
Ken Crawley, CB, Colorado (PRI)
Sean Davis^, CB/S, Maryland (STM, PRI)
Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State (PRO)
DeAndre Elliott, CB, Colorado State (PRO)
Tyler Ervin, RB, San Jose State (COM)
T.J. Green, S, Clemson (PRI)
Javon Hargrave^, DT, South Carolina State (PRO, PRI)
Jerald Hawkins, OT, LSU (PRI)
Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford (COM)
Cory James, OLB, Colorado State (WOR)
Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (PRI)
Jonathan Jones, CB, Auburn (PRI)
Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia (PRI)
Bronson Kaufusi, DE/3-4DE, Brigham Young (STM)
Jayron Kearse, S, Clemson (STM)
Cody Kessler, QB, USC (SR)
Shaq Lawson, DE/3-4OLB, Clemson (COM)
Jay Lee, WR, Baylor (PRO)
Dean Lowry, DE, Northwestern (PRI)
Harlan Miller, CB, Southeastern Louisiana (COM)
Carl Nassib, DE/3-4DE, Penn State (COM)
Keanu Neal^, S, Florida (PRO, PRI)
Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (PRI)
Robert Nkemdiche, DT/DE/3-4DE, Ole Miss (PRI)
Rees Odhiambo, G, Boise State (PRO)
Dak Prescott^, QB, Mississippi State (COM, PRO)
Elandon Roberts, ILB, Houston (WOR)
A'Shawn Robinson, DT/3-4DE/NT, Alabama (PRI)
Justin Simmons, S, Boston College (PRI)
Ryan Smith, CB, North Carolina Central (PRI)
Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana (PRO)
Darian Thompson, S, Boise State (PRI)
D.J. White, CB, Georgia Tech (PRI)
Brandon Williams, CB, Texas A&M (PRI)
Jarrod Wilson, FS, Michigan (PRI)
Tavon Young^, CB, Temple (PRO, PRI)

A wanted Carl Nassib real bad in round two. He's doing very well in Browns camp. The fact that there was only one TE on the list shows how badly the Steelers misjudged Green's health.

P

POP

I think you are the only one who knows what you say...

Well, you obviously don't. Instead of making vague assertions, I repeated what I ACTUALLY SAID. You come back with some half assed pot shot, proving nothing. Once again, shall I offer specifics to your general, unspecific goo?

I never even asserted Jones was playing with ALL STARTERs. Read what I actually wrote. I said.....

You haven't been paying attention. Dak played with tons of back ups this week and still had a perfect passer rating, while Jones threw FOUR picks with starters playing.

You are attempting a strawman argument. You are knocking down points I never asserted.

1.) Dak played with backups, not JUST starters.

2.) Jones played WITH starters, and he did. I never said ALL starters.

Now, before you go off "shaking your head" try to stick to refuting things I actually stated, instead of making up stuff and refuting things that were NEVER stated.

Are you contending Jones didn't play with any starters? Was that not the starting OL? Are you asserting that Dak ONLY played with starters? Hardly the case. I watched the game, did you?

You seem dizzy on this one. SMH

Now take your little ad hominem attacks and pretend you're really something with your straw man arguments. I believe most of this is going over your head. I'll try allow you to grasp this once again.

1. I never stated Jones ONLY played with ALL starters.

2. Dak played with plenty of non starters and still threw a perfect 158 rating.

None of your unspecific diarrhea refutes these facts.

Now go back to trying to defend Landry Jones. If noting else, it is funny. Let me guess: You tried to defend Kordell back in the day too.

P

POP

A wanted Carl Nassib real bad in round two. He's doing very well in Browns camp. The fact that there was only one TE on the list shows how badly the Steelers misjudged Green's health.

OUCH. How right you are. Obviously, they thought they were set at TE. How wrong they were. They botched this one badly.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
While i typicall caution about hyping or dumping on a rookie after preseason games, i have to admit id be more hopeful if ben went down and we had an unproven rookie than if a proven mediocre guy like laundry is hoing in

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score

OUCH. How right you are. Obviously, they thought they were set at TE. How wrong they were. They botched this one badly.

haha You aint fooling anyone bro

P

POP

which of the steelers first 4 picks should they not have taken so they could draft hall of famer Dak Prescott?

The OT. He is a project. I wasn't mad at the pick, but we could have lived without him; he might even have still been there in the 5th to begin with.

P

POP

While i typicall caution about hyping or dumping on a rookie after preseason games, i have to admit id be more hopeful if ben went down and we had an unproven rookie than if a proven mediocre guy like laundry is hoing in

Mediocre? He has a 41 passer rating. Mediocre implies average. 41 passer rating is terrible. He had FOUR picks in one half. But I agree: I'd have more hopes with an unproven rookie than a proven dumpster fire of Landry Jones.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Mediocre? He has a 41 passer rating. Mediocre implies average. 41 passer rating is terrible. He had FOUR picks in one half. But I agree: I'd have more hopes with an unproven rookie than a proven dumpster fire of Landry Jones.

He is who we thought he was.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sold on Dak in the pre season. Seen him play a bit with Miss St. He's a gamer, but won't carry the team on his shoulders. Think Tebow but with better throwing mechanics. If Dak does make an impact. He's gonna be a trend QB. Someone with two or three good seasons

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

So you actually think we would go into the season with a rookie as our #2 QB? Even if we drafted Pak and he had all of those pretty stats he still would be behind Jones at the start of the season.

C

Clete

Not sold on Dak in the pre season. Seen him play a bit with Miss St. He's a gamer, but won't carry the team on his shoulders. Think Tebow but with better throwing mechanics. If Dak does make an impact. He's gonna be a trend QB. Someone with two or three good seasons

100% erong on this one. he is a great athlete with an elite arm who improved greatly at state and became a very good pocket passer. He put MSU on the map in the elite SEC still playing with inferior talent to the Alabamas and LSTs, etc. To compare him to a bum like Tebow is a disservice to him. Watch the Cowboys game and you see a posed pocket passer hitting his receivers quickly and in stride allowing huge YAC, te kid is a stud.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
while I agree landry makes burning garbage look good...I am not going to call any player "legit" based on preseason work......

P

POP

100% erong on this one. he is a great athlete with an elite arm who improved greatly at state and became a very good pocket passer. He put MSU on the map in the elite SEC still playing with inferior talent to the Alabamas and LSTs, etc. To compare him to a bum like Tebow is a disservice to him. Watch the Cowboys game and you see a posed pocket passer hitting his receivers quickly and in stride allowing huge YAC, te kid is a stud.

while I agree landry makes burning garbage look good...I am not going to call any player "legit" based on preseason work......

I completely agree with Clete, and Coolie, I realize I am making a prediction from two preseason games, but that is what I am predicting: Dak is gonna make a great pro. I watched both games, and he was steady, calm, accurate, poised, strong and seems to posses the needed intangibles. Everyone immediately turns to the "preseason means nothing" and I usually am among those who recite that, but with Dak, I see something there, and he tossed two perfect games of 158 rating, with both starters (and going against starters) and with back ups.

P

POP

I have no idea what you are basing this on.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
There is some serious bobbin and slobbin of Daks noggin going on here, holy crap I could throw into Dez's catch radius when I have all day(like Dak does behind that OL) and Dez is getting covered by a future burger flipper.

I liked Dak and would've been all for drafting him in the 4th, but this is way too much for 2 games of 7 on 7 drills.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
There is some serious bobbin and slobbin of Daks noggin going on here, holy crap I could throw into Dez's catch radius when I have all day(like Dak does behind that OL) and Dez is getting covered by a future burger flipper.

I liked Dak and would've been all for drafting him in the 4th, but this is way too much for 2 games of 7 on 7 drills.

I agree seems like after 2 preseason games the guy is already a hall of famer. He may be a good or great QB, but it is WAY too early to say. Regardless I hope the steelers at least attempt to get some backup QB / TE help.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Dak may be good, and he's starting off great.

My problem is you propping up a cowboy to diss a steeler. That cowboy that has yet to play when the games matter.

**** the cowboys.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Yes ^^^^ F the Cowboys Cope!

Maybe they can take Landry off our hands for us, it is where the "burning garbage" belongs after all with a father that would name him so poorly.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of Burning Garbage...

Tommy Maddox went from beloved savior to a guy cleaning trash off his lawn in just a year or so.

Let's not be too hasty eh?

C

Clete

Prescott comes in tonight on first drive against Seahawks after Romo gets injured and immediately lights them up with a 17 yard TD to Witten, yeah the guy is a bum.