• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Conspiracy Wig is watching ..

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw fella last night who suggested that they kicked the engine into reverse and if they had lost rudder control that may have caused the boat to begin twisting in the channel.

Still, it sure LOOKS like that boat just turns and heads right for the pylon... I don't know.
When the black smoke appears I have seen multiple reports that was from throwing the engine into full reverse.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
sometime tragedies are just ****** accidents by stupid people
such as the night Flog was conceived, but let's stay on topic, ok?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He doesn’t either. His two dads adopted him.
two happy pappys and a do-it-yourself kit?

they had some screws left over, obviously.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't they pass a huge infrastructure bill? I'm sure that means there's money earmarked specifically for this type of rebuild project and in no way was that money diverted to other non-infrastructure projects. I mean just remember all those shovel ready jobs that got done with Obama's infrastructure plan. I think i saw a park bench once.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I heard that too, but also they say it could be restarting the engine when the generator kicked on.
That's what I heard, it was from the generators starting up. I don't know for sure, it's just what I heard reported.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Driving in the area yesterday. pretty missed up how it looks, like a movie set.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Driving in the area yesterday. pretty missed up how it looks, like a movie set.
I hated that damn bridge but I have a problem with heights. That one always freaked me out. So does the Delaware Memorial. If you’re hungry and around Sparrow’s Point I recommend picking crabs at Costas Inn. That’s my third favorite restaurant in Baltimore after Jimmy’s and Tio Pepe. But, I haven’t been there in about 12 years.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I hated that damn bridge but I have a problem with heights. That one always freaked me out. So does the Delaware Memorial. If you’re hungry and around Sparrow’s Point I recommend picking crabs at Costas Inn. That’s my third favorite restaurant in Baltimore after Jimmy’s and Tio Pepe. But, I haven’t been there in about 12 years.
Bay bridge coming back from the beach is scary as well. on the way to the beach there are concrete barriers on each side. on the way back mostly wire.

G@M Restaurant has the absolute best Maryland crabcakes. I do not like crabcakes but theirs is awesome.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Nah, this was a legit wreck... seen a lot of breakdowns from boat and engineering experts.. it really does align

Plus had this been remotely terroristic, the media would have tied it to a far right or pro Israel group and used it during the election cycle

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Bongino's take was that shipping companies have slim profit margins and they likely have a bunch of ships in need of repair held together with duct tape to keep them going.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Bongino's take was that shipping companies have slim profit margins and they likely have a bunch of ships in need of repair held together with duct tape to keep them going.
Yep... the rush to minimize shipping costs has made greater safety regs more important than ever...

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I heard it was the left rear anchor. Being in the rear it would have turned the ship away from the bridge. Not soon enough, obviously.
Also, on a boat it's not "left", it's "port".
I know that. But in case others didn't I used the "hand" term.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
sometime tragedies are just ****** accidents by stupid people
Just watched the telemetry of the harbor tracking and it seems to line up with mechanical failure.
Nah, this was a legit wreck... seen a lot of breakdowns from boat and engineering experts.. it really does align

Plus had this been remotely terroristic, the media would have tied it to a far right or pro Israel group and used it during the election cycle
Occam's Razor. The hypothesis with the fewest assumptions is usually the correct one, aka the simplest solution is usually right.

Last edited: