• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Bowls and News

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
some good games going now.

Arkansas was up 38-13 over Kansas and i switched over to watch Oregon vs North Carolina. Kansas tied it up and it appears to be headed to OT.

Oregon vs North Carolina tight game on FOX and Texas Tech vs Ole Miss just starting.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Penn State just got a transfer from North Carolina. a CB named Storm Duck and that's his real name. A good pickup to add depth to the secondary for next year.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Penn State just got a transfer from North Carolina. a CB named Storm Duck and that's his real name. A good pickup to add depth to the secondary for next year.
Definitely nothing but a depth move...this guy gave up 6 passing TD's, 59.5 completion % against and 621 yards allowed. Current PSU CB with the most yards against was Kalen King with 313 yards allowed.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Bo Nix just threw a TD pass with 19 seconds left to tie the game with the XP pending.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I was 100% pimping him as a late round pick if he declared for this season.. great get for Penn State but thats just gonna bump up his profile next year

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Definitely nothing but a depth move...this guy gave up 6 passing TD's, 59.5 completion % against and 621 yards allowed. Current PSU CB with the most yards against was Kalen King with 313 yards allowed.

As a late round pick he is really a good prospect… 4.46 speed 6’ 205 lbs really good tackler and strong vs the run really good zone guy… he struggles in man as young cbs sometimes do, but we really aren’t a man to man team anymore, and there is all the traits to grow there..

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
As a late round pick he is really a good prospect… 4.46 speed 6’ 205 lbs really good tackler and strong vs the run really good zone guy… he struggles in man as young cbs sometimes do, but we really aren’t a man to man team anymore, and there is all the traits to grow there..
I absolutely get the transfer. He's a prospect but he's not someone I would be expecting anything more than depth. All good...he does have a nose for the INTs so hoping the best.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Schools with the deepest alumni pockets win, it's always been like that, but now it's out in the open and in a freefall.
Booster size, not alumni pockets. If it were alumni pockets, Harvard and Yale would be winning National Championships.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
some good games going now.

Arkansas was up 38-13 over Kansas and i switched over to watch Oregon vs North Carolina. Kansas tied it up and it appears to be headed to OT.
Shouldn't of switched off that game! Wow!

3 OT's also!

And the best part of the game is that I had Kansas plus 2 and half!

bkwheat28

Reaction score
Stayed up other night and watched Bourbon Bowl. SCLSU had a really good linebacker. Came in on offense for trick play at end of game 😉

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Pitt doesn’t deserve to win that game. Kicker should be MVP.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Pitt doesn’t deserve to win that game. Kicker should be MVP.
Lose a bet Flog? They had 8 starters opt out, including 4 captains, and still found a way to win.

Will this be your take if Boz kicks the game winner in the closing seconds on Sunday night?

Fun game.

Hail to Pitt!

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Lose a bet Flog? They had 8 starters opt out, including 4 captains, and still found a way to win.

Will this be your take if Boz kicks the game winner in the closing seconds on Sunday night?

Fun game.

Hail to Pitt!
Seriously, Pitt was without some of its best players today and pulled the upset win against a team with everyone but their running back.

For all the opt outs and meaningless games, there have been some terrific bowl games so far.

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
South Carolina with a 100 yard pick 6.

Troglodyte

Reaction score

Fun game.

Hail to Pitt!
No. Pitt had several chances to ice it and failed, and then let UCLA take back the lead with a Swiss cheese run defense. I wanted Pitt to win, but face it, they deserved to lose.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Clemson vs Tennessee in the None More Orange Bowl.

The backup bowl with Hendon Hooker injured and DJ Ukelele transferring. Joe Milton will was absolutely horrible as a QB at Michigan. He has raw talent but is more thrower than passer. Tenn needs him to play big because their defense isn't very good, so they need to score a bunch.

For Clemson, DJ was always so up and down, it could be an upgrade for them to be without him.

SEC is 1-4 so far with that 1 win the Arkansas OT win over Kansas.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
No. Pitt had several chances to ice it and failed, and then let UCLA take back the lead with a Swiss cheese run defense. I wanted Pitt to win, but face it, they deserved to lose.
The whole premise of "deserved to lose" never makes any sense to me.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I get it that Clemson has identified that the Tenn secondary can be beaten but this gameplan is putting way too much on a freshman QB. Run it some. Give the kid some chain moving throws. Clemson missing so many plays.