• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Bowls and News

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Updated the first post with all games.

In other news, Pitt just picked up ex Penn State QB Christian Veilleux in the transfer portal. He's a pretty good player for a Canadian but he was stuck behind Allar on the depth chart and PSU added some other QBs as well. Good pickup for Pitt. He's better than loser Kedon Slovis

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I had no idea Pitt had won 9 national titles. WTF happened?
Before Notre Dame was anything in football, Pitt was the national superpower… they claim like 8 titles from the 10’s and 30’s but it could be a lot more depending on what titling media group you are looking at ( i think they have 8 more unclaimed titles, including one where a pkayers vote to skip the rose bowl eradicated their post season but they still topped the polls)

As the 30’s ended, the school chancellor hated football and thought academics needed to be prioritized, so he blew up the program and deprioritized it… all the coaches like Jock sutherland left and that left Notre Dame as the football powerhouse and the beginning of almost a century of Pitt cutting its nose off to spite its face in sports…

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Updated the first post with all games.

In other news, Pitt just picked up ex Penn State QB Christian Veilleux in the transfer portal. He's a pretty good player for a Canadian but he was stuck behind Allar on the depth chart and PSU added some other QBs as well. Good pickup for Pitt. He's better than loser Kedon Slovis
To answer your Lewis question in the first post the draft consensus has him as a top ten prospect. Statistically he has improved marginally for the most part but his INT issues are worrisome. He will be looked at as a project with the intangibles. I am not high on him but I think a QB needy team does take him top 10 off of potential. Which kicks a player our way.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Patiently waiting for 12/31 to come up.
Sic ‘em Dawgs
One of the two games I am really excited to watch.

Reactions: MTC

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Why is the transfer portal BEFORE the bowl games?

Seems like stupid strategy for the NCAA if they want competitive bowl games. Need to fix that **** before an actual playoff system is installed in 2 years.

And no we don't have a playoff system. It's still hand picked voting bullshit.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

Seems like stupid strategy for the NCAA if they want competitive bowl games. Need to fix that **** before an actual playoff system is installed in 2 years.

I don't think it'd make a difference. Guys already opt out to begin to prepare for the draft, they'd just opt out to prepare for the portal.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Patiently waiting for 12/31 to come up.
Sic ‘em Dawgs
giphy.webp

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score

It's because the NCAA has no leadership at all. They barely have any power. It's the conferences that have all the power. More specifically, it's the Big 10 and SEC that have the power. They were threatened with lawsuits and caved.

There are almost no rules for the portal now. Kids can enter the portal at any time. Penn State had a guy enter the portal after like week 1 when he saw he wasn't going to play. There will be kids who enter the portal right after spring ball when they find out they are 3rd on the depth chart.

The old transfer system was too restrictive but now it's anarchy. WVU QB JT Daniels is transferring again. This will be his 4th team, USC, Georgia, West Virginia, and now Rice. That's ridiculous.

They should allow 1 free transfer for no reason at all. Then after that you must sit out a season to transfer unless you drop down to FCS level.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Opting out sucks. And so does the portal.

I can't transfer my tenth grader to a different high school without penalty, but in college, they can go wherever they want, whenever they want. It's bullshit.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
There are starting to be more and more coaches coming out with accusations of tampering. While I feel like it's true, if they want it to stop, they're going to have to name names. And the whole NIL thing is a joke. There are people out there that actually believe schools aren't paying kids to transfer. Right.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
It's because the NCAA has no leadership at all. They barely have any power. It's the conferences that have all the power. More specifically, it's the Big 10 and SEC that have the power. They were threatened with lawsuits and caved.

There are almost no rules for the portal now. Kids can enter the portal at any time. Penn State had a guy enter the portal after like week 1 when he saw he wasn't going to play. There will be kids who enter the portal right after spring ball when they find out they are 3rd on the depth chart.

The old transfer system was too restrictive but now it's anarchy. WVU QB JT Daniels is transferring again. This will be his 4th team, USC, Georgia, West Virginia, and now Rice. That's ridiculous.

They should allow 1 free transfer for no reason at all. Then after that you must sit out a season to transfer unless you drop down to FCS level.
Schools with the deepest alumni pockets win, it's always been like that, but now it's out in the open and in a freefall.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Western Kentucky should have been in the playoff.
Was going to bet on WKU +5, before I read that 2 OL starters and their #2 receiver were going in the portal. Should just trust my initial instincts. Loved BYU at +4, didn't take them because the QB was out. Yeah, they won outright.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
There are starting to be more and more coaches coming out with accusations of tampering. While I feel like it's true, if they want it to stop, they're going to have to name names. And the whole NIL thing is a joke. There are people out there that actually believe schools aren't paying kids to transfer. Right.
They aren't going to do anything if they name names either.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m kinda scratching my neck and have crusted lips

better get some lotion for that neck...and some chapstick for them lippies, sonny boy

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
our future slot receiver had 2 TDs today

when you say "our", are you referring to some usfl or xfl team in texas or something? surely you're not referring to the steelers. they already tried their shot at u of h players, pretty sure they learned their lesson on messing with those turds.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
when you say "our", are you referring to some usfl or xfl team in texas or something? surely you're not referring to the steelers. they already tried their shot at u of h players, pretty sure they learned their lesson on messing with those turds.
choke on a **** omar

the problem was they drafted a kid I wasn't pimping