• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chickillo arrested

Muddler

Reaction score
No strong opinion of Chickillo as a player either way. He's OK, solid backup, makes an occasional play, we've seen his "ceiling", replaceable, etc. Won't miss him if he is let go. I used to be pretty judgmental in domestic violence cases and honestly most are pretty obviously the guys fault. However, like Slash I have seen situations like this that were not always cut and dry. My brother had a poisonous GF. He got into an altercation with her. She called the cops. When they showed up and interviewed the parties and looked at the physical evidence they ended up hauling her off. I was so grateful he was able to control his temper and not push her or otherwise implicate himself. He got a restraining order on her and was finally able to put her in the rear view mirror. This incident doesn't sound good for Chick but it does seem there is some backstory here that needs to be investigated. Best thing here is for both parties to move on and for the Steelers to move on as well.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
HIT but maybe that's what chick' thought he was going to get to do..............................

All kidding aside, if this is actually all true then the STEELERS do have a decision to make. I too am curious as to the speed of the "rog" and the punishment VS the cheatriots cocaine dealer / edleman tough guy award / Brown

Salute the nation

Spike

Reaction score
And now the Shield has been tarnished...

A statement from Rog is being drafted, right now, stating Chick will be dealt w/ severely - 4 game suspension.

I doubt the league cares about second team scrubs, this is a local matter unless the Steelers actually cut him, then it might get a little national news splash

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
actually surprised Chick could even push a girl down

Spike

Reaction score
So does this mean Tomlin is finally forced to give Ola more snaps?

I think Ola is overrated, wearing #92 probably gets him more love than he earned, lol

Btw, #58 was tearing it up in Baltimore, that LJ Fort had a GAME!

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Ola is overrated, wearing #92 probably gets him more love than he earned, lol

Btw, #58 was tearing it up in Baltimore, that LJ Fort had a GAME!

go to the Ravens forum and suck his **** there.
he's gone.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt the league cares about second team scrubs, this is a local matter unless the Steelers actually cut him, then it might get a little national news splash

I just got a feeling Chick is gonna get sacrificed for this whereas other players have been found, this season, with MORE DAMNING evidence, and yet they continue to play on Sunday's. I doubt they were banned from the facility as well...

Spike

Reaction score
go to the Ravens forum and suck his **** there.
he's gone.

B b b but people start new AB threads here all the time

This is a regular Pats board, so i dont think a little Fort praise is much of anything, he's earned it, its showing how bad the Steelers are at evaluating talent is all

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh she hit him, he shoved her... stupidity at best... he should definitely be cut for being dumb... never shove a woman down... its a death sentence these days even if she was assaulting you.

Actually just don’t defend yourself against anyone... I have a fried who was the victim of a road rage incident and despite being hospitalized with injuries, the police told him that if he pressed charges he would get charged too cause witnesses saw him hit the guy after he was already dragged out of his car and attacked...

I mean chick is an idiot anyhow... Coach’s great white hope was never great, just apparently white trash hype...

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Meh she hit him, he shoved her... stupidity at best... he should definitely be cut for being dumb... never shove a woman down... its a death sentence these days even if she was assaulting you.

Actually just don’t defend yourself against anyone... I have a fried who was the victim of a road rage incident and despite being hospitalized with injuries, the police told him that if he pressed charges he would get charged too cause witnesses saw him hit the guy after he was already dragged out of his car and attacked...

I mean chick is an idiot anyhow... Coach’s great white hope was never great, just apparently white trash hype...

Wow...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
B b b but people start new AB threads here all the time

This is a regular Pats board, so i dont think a little Fort praise is much of anything, he's earned it, its showing how bad the Steelers are at evaluating talent is all
Fort had good games with the Steelers too, so not sure the talent comment should get green lighted as the Steelers have a rookie they drafted to upgrade the position and last time I checked he was doing pretty well. Fort isn't better than Vince Williams. And probably not better than Barron. Seasons end I am willing to bet this way of thinking will be the same.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I met Chickillo's dad at Friday Night Lights. He screams of the strict blue collar type. All business. I had a ton of pics of the players, my friend made us late for autographs so I didn't get any that day. Gave his dad the pic I had of Chickillo screaming. He replies man I wish he wouldn't do that. If anything that family is the opposite of white trash. And for the record I dislike any saying that has racial undertones. Enough of that **** running rampant to add any tinder to the woodpile.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

How sad Chick is a scumbag, And let's get something right. I never said Chick was a savior, just better than Jarivs I'm a first round bust Jones. If you can recall I was heavy in the draft TJ WATT camp in round one. Never did I call him great. Just a good late draft pick.

The Steelers thought enough of Chick to offer a 2 year 8 million dollar contract, so my assessment was correct.

These UM guys....UGH.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Fort had good games with the Steelers too, so not sure the talent comment should get green lighted as the Steelers have a rookie they drafted to upgrade the position and last time I checked he was doing pretty well. Fort isn't better than Vince Williams. And probably not better than Barron. Seasons end I am willing to bet this way of thinking will be the same.

Fort is playing well. Skipper making plays. #GuysTomlin didn't want to keep.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Fort is playing well. Skipper making plays. #GuysTomlin didn't want to keep.
Deep at the position you can't keep everyone. Steelers got robbed of three players. Other needy teams saw the opportunity to add to their holes. I get on Tomlin for deserved criticism. Like for coming up short on the ultimate goal not when they are stocked at one position and it forces them to PS potential. In this case Tombert should get credit for stocking the positions. Coaching up the players currently on the roster is another subject. Some fans tend to want to rob Peter to pay Paul. But you have to keep depth at all positions. In the process on good drafting teams, some talent gets the short end of the stick. You can't lighten depth at another position to overstock because you want to keep said player.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If the team does something that is on them and their decision. If the league does something that is bullshit. EVERYONE deserves due process unless they are unavailable cause their transgression has them in jail. If there is no video like Ray Rice, sorry, you cannot suspend someone like that.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree that it's hard to keep everybody but in my opinion one of the bigger "misses" was letting SPENCER go and keeping Switz.

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh if he gets cut or ends up on the exempt list somehow, I suggest Sutton smith returning... i think he-is still a ufa... he also played fb in college so there is that... we need both

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree that it's hard to keep everybody but in my opinion one of the bigger "misses" was letting SPENCER go and keeping Switz.

Yeah, I liked Spencer's potential as a returner as well. But let's be honest, it's not like he's setting the league on fire with the Broncos and probably wouldn't help much at WR.

He has a total of 2 catches for 13 yards and a single rushing attempt good for nine yards.

On ST, he has 14 fair catches on 17 returns, averaging 7.7 yards on the three he did return. He did have a single ko return good for 60 yards.

Having said that, I would love to still have him and we wish we would have kept him over Switz.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hear yaz Tibs but I realize Spencer isn't the cure all. I also realize Switz is absolutely NOT the cure all. Spencer is better than Switz and my belief that would make the team better, even if by just a little. Spencer can out maneuver a blade of grass and can break some arm tackles and that's a positive over Switz.

Salute the nation