• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bryant 4 game suspension?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Maybe it was something other than weed. Ecstacy maybe?

Im going to bet more along the lines of an illegal weight gain substance... he put on some weight. Maybe steroids, but honestly he doesn't seem like the sharpest tack. Im going to assume something far dumber... same risk, lesser impact

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Again I could be wrong, but I think I remember the policy from the Santonio incident (and policy can change) was that the first positive was secret and essentially a warning and then the punitive part was applied on the second test. Third being a one year ban. Bell got 3 because it was an arrest DUI situation.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's my fault. I had some nasty trees a couple months ago when I was in the burgh. Bryant walked up and I freaked out "yo your a steeler wanna hit this". So. As you can see its on me.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Im going to bet more along the lines of an illegal weight gain substance... he put on some weight. Maybe steroids, but honestly he doesn't seem like the sharpest tack. Im going to assume something far dumber... same risk, lesser impact
Why is it when someone does something dumbass, people say he seemed like a dumbass. What about him before this incident made him seem like a dumbass. If there is a dumbass detector, I think this team should buy one because their dumbass cupboard is plum full.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Why is it when someone does something dumbass, people say he seemed like a dumbass. What about him before this incident made him seem like a dumbass. If there is a dumbass detector, I think this team should buy one because their dumbass cupboard is plum full.

There is a high contingent of dumbassery in pro athletics. it goes with the territory... being in the top .1% of a sports physical and mental requirements doesn't often lend itself to finding people with high IQ's, ethics, and common sense. And there were plenty of questions about him when he came out... that's how you get 1st round talent that low

Ironcitysteelers

Contributor
Reaction score
Bell smokes pot. He is a dumb **** too. I smoke pot am I a dumb ****.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
If I was the Steelers I would suspend him 4 more games to teach him a GD lesson! Wheaton looked good his last game and lets hope Coates can be that vertical threat Bryant was last year.

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
Players make all that money yet don't think to buy the $50 detox from GNC to pass these test.. Just dumb.
I have all kinds at the smoke shop I work at part time. Maybe I'll send a gift basket to the front office full of fake pee, detoxes and CBD oil. :D

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely no call for this. These players need to learn that just because it might be "legal" in some states, it is NOT allowed in the NFL. You can not use it, ever. Complete dumbass punk that needs to learn the hard way like Bell hopefully did. May as well get his suspension out the first 4 weeks also. Wheaton was the No. 2 WR, anyhow so now, they need someone to play No. 3 and 4.

Ironcitysteelers

Contributor
Reaction score
So we can only go 6 wide for the first couple games. Owell. Now, let's get back to Vick and dri

Steelz

Reaction score
I have all kinds at the smoke shop I work at part time. Maybe I'll send a gift basket to the front office full of fake pee, detoxes and CBD oil. :D
LOL yeah I know those work for the common work places that drug test but I'm sure the NFL's is more advanced testing now that others have mentioned it. And if they test hair folicals then they're screwed.

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm so tired of people/players putting themselves ahead of the team.

They know the rules. Obey them and make bank.
**** the idiots that are above everyone. They deserve to sit or be punished.

Not only are they screwing their team, they **** us, the fan. Could care less if we cut him and anyone else that didn't play for the team.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Why is everyone saying its pot? If it was pot it would have to be his 3rd failed test. First one = warning, second one = 2 game ban, 3rd one = 4 game ban. He was not suspened for 2 games as far as I know? Would a harder drug like Coke or Heroine be possible cause for 4 games?

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
If it's legal for the players, than by all means take part. And invite me...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
what a interesting week

Two Bs down for the start

well damnnnnn......

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
Maybe they (the Steelers) won't be so quick to delete a couple of the young receivers who've shown some talent in camp and the preseason.

I'd rather keep a 6th receiver on the roster than a 10th linebacker.

Last edited:

keslerclan

Reaction score
If indeed it is for mary jane, Bryant would have to have failed his 4th test since Sept '14. The fact we didn't hear about it is because the first 3 do not require a suspension. Maybe that's why we took Coates?

Marijuana discipline: The punishment for a positive test is also changing. As is the case now, a first-time offense lands the player in the substance abuse program without a suspension. The primary difference is the punishment for a second positive test: simply a two-game fine. Each additional violation receives the following progressive discipline: four-game fine, four-game suspension, 10-game suspension. A player can therefore test positive for marijuana three times without getting suspended.

Steelz

Reaction score
Absolutely no call for this. These players need to learn that just because it might be "legal" in some states, it is NOT allowed in the NFL.

I agree. And it's not like they don't see everyone else getting suspended for it. Sometimes I think people rather smoke weed and work at McDonald's than stay clean and keep a good job. You can't teach common sense to idiots. That $10 bag of weed just knocked millions off his next contract. Not to mention the money he's deducted not playing the first 4 games.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Should've kept Moye. :silly:

diver

Reaction score
Maybe they can't learn. Maybe they are just to damn stupid to learn. Maybe they have had their ***** kissed so much because of their talent that they cannot comprehend when someone or something tells them they can't do something.

This one doesn't surprise me at all. I was actually surprised he did as well as he did last year and he didn't **** up sooner. How does a guy with all that obvious natural talent not do more in college causing him to last to the 4th?

I have said this many times, but I will be very surprised if we ever see back to back SB champs again. I know Seattle came close, probably should have won it, but I think you are seeing them imploding a bit with salary griping and so on. I just think it is year to year and the team that is able to keep their idiots focused the most any given year will succeed. But it is a crap shoot. The next year it could all fall apart.

For NFL teams it must be like herding cats. Damn near impossible, but maybe for a bit you are luckier than other times.

diver

Reaction score
Maybe what the Steelers need to do is go to Antonio Brown and redo that contract. He appears to be a model citizen. Then when Bell or someone comes and says "Hey, what about me?" it is **** you, Brown never got suspended for anything.

CorpusDsteelers

Reaction score
I agree. And it's not like they don't see everyone else getting suspended for it. Sometimes I think people rather smoke weed and work at McDonald's than stay clean and keep a good job. You can't teach common sense to idiots. That $10 bag of weed just knocked millions off his next contract. Not to mention the money he's deducted not playing the first 4 games.

Coolie said they drug test at his McDonalds randomly