• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Blast from the Past

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Priceless. One, super fine meme to be created from this soon.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
pointing the finger at everyone except where the blame lies.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Here ya go, good stuff you posted.

Pelosi_zps6e3cbdec.jpg

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah gas prices have nothing to do with inflation, lack of domestic production, and lower domestic refining capacity than 30 years ago. Don't even get me started on different formulations required by nonsensical laws driving up the cost as well.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
it has also to do with more demand for oil from growing economies such as China, India, etc.

my solution is to eradicate China, India and other growing economies.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
It's BOOOOOOSH...oh wait... Its Wall Street... oh wait... She is just a nasty lady that is clueless...

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Ms Nancy Pelosi, from San Francisco, who was a tree hugger, a liberal Democrat, and an anti-hunter, purchased a piece of timberland near Colville , WA. There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract. She wanted a good view of the natural splendor of her land so she started to climb the big tree. As she neared the top she encountered a spotted owl that attacked her. In her haste to escape, the woman slid down the tree to the ground and got many splinters in her crotch . In considerable pain, she hurried to a local ER to see a doctor. She told him she was an environmentalist , a democrat, and an anti-hunter and how she came to get all the splinters. The doctor listened to her story with great patience and then told her to go wait in the examining room and he would see if he could help her. She sat and waited three hours before the doctor reappeared. l The angry woman demanded, "What took you so long?" He smiled and then told her, "Well, I had to get permits from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Forest Service, and the Bureau of Land Management before I could remove old-growth timber from a "recreational area" so close to a waste treatment facility. I'm sorry, but due to Obama -Care...they turned you down.”

Glenn Beck: Nancy Pelosi is an idiot
; leave it to Glenn Beck...LOL

GLENN: I’ve got to play the Nancy Pelosi audio here and she’s just giving a press conference about how bad the situation is and how much of a rush that we are in now to get this stimulus package passed. Could we please play this audio from Nancy Pelosi.

PELOSI: The package is going too fast and maybe it won’t be ready by the President’s Day recess.

PELOSI: Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs.

GLENN: Whoa, wait a minute. Could you play that again, please? Every month that we don’t have an economic stimulus package, what happens?

PELOSI: Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs.

GLENN: 500 million Americans lose their job every single month we don’t have an economic stimulus package.

STU: Now Glenn, if I’m remembering correctly, the entire U.S. workforce is about 140 million people. So we’re talking about in one month from now, we’re talking about just in one month, 30 days.

GLENN: Right.

Last edited:

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
The same person who passes bills without reading the bill. How these people are elected and not called on the carpet by their constiuents amazes me.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Domestic production is way up currently and do you see gas prices falling in line. Not quite, no matter where oil is extracted
everyone wants the highest price. There are no hometown discounts. Only way to lower gas prices is to lower demand by
creating alternatives.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Domestic production is way up currently and do you see gas prices falling in line. Not quite, no matter where oil is extracted
everyone wants the highest price. There are no hometown discounts. Only way to lower gas prices is to lower demand by
creating alternatives.

Vader

Reaction score
creating alternatives.

The way to lower prices is to build more refineries. Something the EPA won't allow. Alternatives are just code words for government spending like Solyndra.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
creating alternatives.

Yeah, it makes more sense for the cheaper Canadian oil to go to the Chinese.

ark steel

Reaction score
creating alternatives.

Honestly, you think the only way to lower a price is to create a demand for a different overpriced good?

considering your opinion that single payer = free market, i guess you will believe any stupid **** people tell you.

ive got some ocean front property in Kansas I'd like to sell you. buy it now while it is cheap and when Global Warming, err, Climate Change, really kicks in, you can make a fortune. of course, we will expect you to send any profits, over what we deem acceptable, to the US government. we good with that?

all that aside, you, again, seem to be missing the point. is it because you dont understand it, blindly obedient to your masters or what? i wasnt being too subtle. the point, clearly, is that this dumb ***** has no ******* idea what she was talking about, at either time. in addition, when one guy was President, it was his fault. but with The Big O in office, the President has **** all to do with it. is that clearer?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
why can't Bomma swing his magical **** and turn water into oil?

ark steel

Reaction score
He does have a knack for turning oxygen into bullshit.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
If they build Keystone, Canadian oil will go to China. They need their oil near ports so it can be shipped to other locations. Right now they
can only get it to the United States.

I never said single payer = free market. Single payer = affordable healthcare and healthy middle class. Free market = end of middle class and extra money in insurers and doctors pockets.
The per capita cost of healthcare in the United States in 1980 was a little over one thousand dollars. The per capita cost of healthcare in the United States this year will exceed $8,700.
That is an 870% inflation rate. Anyone that thinks that is genuine increase in actual costs, should be the first people you approach with your Kansas waterfront property.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
If they build Keystone, Canadian oil will go to China. They need their oil near ports so it can be shipped to other locations. Right now they

I never said single payer = free market. Single payer = affordable healthcare and healthy middle class. Free market = end of middle class and extra money in insurers and doctors pockets.
The per capita cost of healthcare in the United States in 1980 was a little over one thousand dollars. The per capita cost of healthcare in the United States this year will exceed $8,700.
That is an 870% inflation rate. Anyone that thinks that is genuine increase in actual costs, should be the first people you approach with your Kansas waterfront property.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

If only Canada had a single neighboring country dependent on oil.

Healthcare increases are due to research, development, longevity of humans thanks to technology advances, malpractice suits and a plethora of other factors.
NONE of which will stop with the advancement of BommaCare. Well, other than life length, since we'll have death panels.

Still, how do you justify how approximately 8 people who had health insurance at this time last year now drops to 6 people with insurance? Wasn't BommaCare supposed to haaaalp all peoplez get health insurance fo free?

I'd be pretty goddamn pissed if I were you and I was lied to by the Great Divider in The White House and I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Vader

Reaction score
You said almost exactly, if not exactly, that. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers.

I remember as well. It may not be verbatim but it is very close.

RollRed

Reaction score
Gas costs what it does because oil companies enjoy the distinction of selling a product that most people have no choice but to purchase it. Now I know someone is going to throw his two cents in by saying people do have a choice... Bicycles, walking, magic carpets... But the reality is they could double the price tomorrow and we'd all be filling our cars up when they're empty just like we always do.

ark steel

Reaction score
Gas costs what it does because oil companies enjoy the distinction of selling a product that most people have no choice but to purchase it. Now I know someone is going to throw his two cents in by saying people do have a choice... Bicycles, walking, magic carpets... But the reality is they could double the price tomorrow and we'd all be filling our cars up when they're empty just like we always do.

It is also an industry in which the entry costs are extremely high. All of the regulations are cost neutral, I'm sure.