• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Baseball playoff thread.....

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
if they even consider changing the wild card to a three game series, it's not because the bucco's didn't advance. It's because the yankees didn't.

^^^^^^^^this.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Holy Royals, Batman.....WOW!!!!!

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Buh-bye, Cardinals!!!!! Karma's a *****, and she just slapped you.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Dont **** with bautista

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
Here is what I heard at the beginning of the game in the car. I believe it was Kruk "Its a beautiful night in Kansas City. The white terrible towels are flying"...... **** off. Go Stros.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Woo!!!! Royals win!!!! And what a crazy game in Toronto as well. Gonna be a good series.

Steelers Rule!

Reaction score
Too bad Volquez couldn't pitch like that a year ago......

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
There's a lot more pressure in a one game playoff than there is in the first game of a seven game series. He did pitch extremely well though.

It's unfortunate they could not find a way to keep Volzquez. There's a good chance they win the division with him, as the starting pitching depth of the Cardinals proved to be the difference.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Royals come back in the first 2 games to win them. Now on to Toronto. Hopefully the mojo they have going now doesn't stop. Only downside is that Cueto is pitching. When he's "on," he's fantastic. When he's off, he's OFF. He's been OFF lately more than on, with the exception of the last game of the ALDS.

steelermania

Reaction score
Arietta going for the Cubs tonight. Pretty much a must win for them. They can't really afford to lose any game that he starts. If they win, the Mets will be in deep trouble. Despite winning last night, the Mets are in a position where they either have to win a game that Arietta starts, or win 2 games in Chicago. They can't win the series without doing one or the other.

Last edited:

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Hopin' for the Mets. May the Curse of the Goat continue.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Arietta going for the Cubs tonight. Pretty much a must win for them. They can't really afford to lose any game that he starts. If they win, the Mets will be in deep trouble. Despite winning last night, the Mets are in a position where they either have to win a game that Arietta starts, or win 2 games in Chicago. They can't win the series without doing one or the other.

I had never seen Arietta pitch this season until the game against the Pirates. That dude is amazing. But he's also due for an "off" night. Not saying that night is tonight, but he's due.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
I had never seen Arietta pitch this season until the game against the Pirates. That dude is amazing. But he's also due for an "off" night. Not saying that night is tonight, but he's due.

He pretty much had an off game in his last start against the Cardinals.

steelermania

Reaction score
Hopin' for the Mets. May the Curse of the Goat continue.

It ain't the goat, it's Fred Merkle from the grave. The Cubs won't win until they make a visit to Merkle's grave, and beg his pardon for the bs he had to endure because of the Cubs gamesmanship.

steelermania

Reaction score

He's getting lit up again. Maddon left him in far too long vs the Bucs, and he hasn't been the same since. I understand why Maddon didn't want to take him out, but he went well over 100 pitches, and now they're paying the price.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score

I didn't see that game. Once the Pirates were out, I tuned out the NL playoffs pretty much.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
No dog in the fight since the Buccos got eliminated, however I will root for any team that plays the Cubs.

BTW... The goat that cursed the Cubs was named 'Murphy'

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Cueto was ON FIRE last night. I was nervous he was gonna **** the bed as he has been doing lately. We figured out how to hit deGrom. I don't think we are gonna sweep the Mets, but to be at 2-0 is a pretty good feeling.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
One more win.........